Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

243 results found

1. I believe being able to update all fields to show the word Estimate rather than Quote would be extremely beneficial. I have been able to update all except for the wording of Online Quote Link

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It's very hard to tell multiple organizations apart, particularly if they have the same initials. Currently, Xero simply displays the organizations' initials. It also assigns a random color to each organization. It would help distinguish these greatly if the organization settings allowed me to upload an avatar for each organization. Xero's Demo Company already illustrates how this feature would look. Also, it would help edit the color Xero assigns so that the color could match each organization's branding.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be helpful if there was a section on Xero dedicated to personalised editable stationery. Letterhead, envelopes with logo etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In Xero Project it would be useful to create sub teams within the staff. For example, we have different office locations and would like to filter our reports, or view projects by those office locations.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Being able to remove or delete staff in Project Timesheet

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have a particular client where we use tracking categories. We have set up a tracking category called jobs so hours and expenses can be allocated to these jobs. However, errors occur, and it would be great to be able to reallocate find and recode just like you can do with other times to move those hours or expense from one job to another.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please can you set up an upload template for tracking categories

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Using the dashboard search, we are no longer able to search by account number and must instead use names. Account numbers are used by thousands of businesses across the country and it's one of my most common client questions.

We can search by account number in the contact screen, please extend this to the dashboard search

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There is no reason to have a limit of 15 Custom DOCX Branding Themes (when those are needed to be used as RCTI). Organisations that issue RCTI do so for many clients so why limit it.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to recommend that standard access users be able to access a very handy "uncoded statement transaction report" that at this point is only available to the advisers role (usually accountants). I am told for advisers it appears on the front page of bank reconciliation. If it wasn't for chatting to an accountant one day about typing out lists to my clients I wouldn't know about it. I guess you don't know what you don't know. This is an extremely helpful tool when trying to send lists to bookkeeping clients / business partners or employee's when you are…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to have the invoice description on statements sent to customers.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback on the thread. Though not useful for all, we did bring attention to the reports that could help some people in the forums here. 

We'll continue to consider this and other ideas for customer statements as the platform evolves. 

Again not a full resolve but another option that could be handy for some is the inclusion of the Outstanding bills link when sending individual invoices to your customers. Through this, persons of a contact will be able to view and get detail of the invoices they have outstanding with you at any given time. 

12. The HubSpot-Xero integration should pull the "deal name" on HubSpot into the "invoice reference" on Xero. The way the integration currently works means that when you generate invoices from HubSpot the invoice reference on Xero is blank, making it impossible to identify which deals they relate to.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the idea, Matt. Not something we have direct plans for expanding the Hubspot integration for just atm, but I've made sure to share with our team in this space and its something they'll consider as they continue to improve the Hubspot and Xero integration. 

For the meantime, we'll get a sense of the wider interest in this here. 🙂

13. It should be possible to suspend users without deleting them. This should cut off all accesses but should preserve the account /username itself. This is a basic functionality of user access control which is surprisingly absent from Xero. This preserves the user ID incase someone suddenly leaves the company or is suspended from duties for whichever reason.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. With the recent changes to MFA dropping the remember devices from 30 days to 24 hours, the MFA prompt is now far more often (which is of course more secure) however it does slow down login.

Could you please look at updating the MFA configuration to allow push notifications to the mobile authentication app, or better still the number match, which is far more secure. Examples from Microsoft is below, but the priciple would apply in most major platforms.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/authentication/how-to-mfa-number-match

This would improve the user experiance over the token, but also improve the security overall.

Thanks
    Dave

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There would appear to be no granular option to allow trusted users to directly add Xero Support when an issue appears. Currently, the only option would be to allow these users the more global option of creating, editing and deleting users which I would rather limit.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The ability to copy with one click an entity's ABN without spaces so that it can be pasted in ABR

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add ability to make type face in the Xero account transactions screen black or more bold. An elderly user has asked me to post this request. The light type face is difficult to see. They are managing all other aspects of Xero so would be great if this option could be added.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to add bigger better quality logo's at the top of the body of invoices sent as emails.

132 px x 37 px ends up so tiny and always blury (I have tried all formats but some sort of extra compression is going on in the backend. Don't look so good for us graphic designers ;-)

ps: screen shot attached so you can see where I mean, designscope logo always blury :-(

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we appreciate the interest in being able to display logos as you need. There are a few different situations mentioned in feedback here and we want to explain and help clarify how logos are shown when using Xero. 

The first is how your organisations logo is shown within the invoice email sent to your customer. This is taken from the organisation settings page. There was a period that impacted some customers where the logo quality was being reduced when sending with new invoicing. Taking on board feedback our team implemented a change in new invoicing so this should now be appearing correctly - If you’re finding your logo quality is not showing correctly in the invoice email please do raise a case with our team and they can investigate more on this with you individually. 

The second place the logo is shown is on the PDF of

19. Dear Xero product team,

Please could we have an option to Password protect Lock Dates.

Where certain user can only unlok Lock dates i.e. Accountants or Subscriber

At the moment anyone can unlock the Lock dates which defeats the purpose of the Lock Dates.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi Xero.
    Currently, User's with Invoice Only Access can only approve invoices and bills. However they are unable to remove a payment (or part thereof) from an invoice.

This is a problem if the User accepts a payment, then realises that there is an error on the invoice, as they are then unable to remove the amount and fix the invoice.
    It would be great if these User's could have this ability without having access to the business bank accounts

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?