Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

246 results found

1. Ability to add bigger better quality logo's at the top of the body of invoices sent as emails.

132 px x 37 px ends up so tiny and always blury (I have tried all formats but some sort of extra compression is going on in the backend. Don't look so good for us graphic designers ;-)

ps: screen shot attached so you can see where I mean, designscope logo always blury :-(

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we appreciate the interest in being able to display logos as you need. There are a few different situations mentioned in feedback here and we want to explain and help clarify how logos are shown when using Xero. 

The first is how your organisations logo is shown within the invoice email sent to your customer. This is taken from the organisation settings page. There was a period that impacted some customers where the logo quality was being reduced when sending with new invoicing. Taking on board feedback our team implemented a change in new invoicing so this should now be appearing correctly - If you’re finding your logo quality is not showing correctly in the invoice email please do raise a case with our team and they can investigate more on this with you individually. 

The second place the logo is shown is on the PDF of

2. Dear Xero product team,

Please could we have an option to Password protect Lock Dates.

Where certain user can only unlok Lock dates i.e. Accountants or Subscriber

At the moment anyone can unlock the Lock dates which defeats the purpose of the Lock Dates.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi Xero.
    Currently, User's with Invoice Only Access can only approve invoices and bills. However they are unable to remove a payment (or part thereof) from an invoice.

This is a problem if the User accepts a payment, then realises that there is an error on the invoice, as they are then unable to remove the amount and fix the invoice.
    It would be great if these User's could have this ability without having access to the business bank accounts

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please make results of searches exportable to excel

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ability to group accounts under the Accounts Watchlist in the dashboard just like how it works in PnL report with automatic updating based on a certain criteria

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Only allow people with limited access to Projects to see their own hours/project, not the total hours billed to any project. The total hours are really none of their business.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can we have one more category of user role in Xero (A user role with Ability for only to create all possible drafts + View reports)?

This kind of user role can help to minimise recording errors when any transaction (Quotation, Invoice, Bill, expenses, transfer, receive and spend money) can have two steps approval. It can provide more verification flexibility /security for the business which managed by more than one person as well.

View reports can help the initiator to check the effect of the transaction after approval.

We are looking for your kind consideration.

Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to identify which Xero files staff members who leave the firm have direct access to the client Xero file as opposed to being granted access from a firm level. This way, before you delete the user from Xero HQ/Blue you can check to see if any clients need to be contacted to update to invite the firm rather than a specific employee.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It is really basic, the permission control is not flexible and give more options. How about to give multiple choosing box for permissions. I want to create a user and give him permission to create and print quotations and a purchase order permission to create and submit for approval. Because the purchase approval permission i want to give to the manager levels only.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We have assigned users to specific projects but in order for them to see the invoices and bills against this project the settings must be changed so that they can access all bills, invoices and contacts to amend.

I would like a feature so that someone assigned to the project can have read only access to the invoices and bills ONLY associated with this project. Allowing them to still run reports and view profitability on their project but they cannot amend invoices and bills or cannot access others that are not their projects.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. To be able to filter the History and notes - by the date that the changes were made on something specific and not the date of the original transactions.

This would be helpful if the Annual Financials have been finalized, and a change has been made after the fact.

For example: You want to know when the changes toward the 2022 tax year were made, towards the advertising account transactions since a specific date i.e. a date after the financials have already been finalized.

or

All bills that were processed after a specific date and not necessarily the date of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be useful if it were possible to restrict the posting of journal entries to specific users.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Margaret, thanks for raising your idea here.

Just want to add that it's only possible for adviser or standard + reports roles to view, edit or post Manual Journals. 

Does that change your idea here at all?

13. Please provide invoice only + draft users with the ability to create purchase orders from the mobile app

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for raising this, Amy. 

I've done some testing to check around this and can confirm - While not currently available for iOS devices when using the Xero Accounting app, this is possible on and Android device with the mobile app, or when using Xero on a desktop.

There are some complexities adding to iOS and with a very little usage from IO users there are no plans at present to develop this there. However, it'd be good to get a better sense of the interest, and we'll start to track this through the idea, here. 🙂

14. I understand the ATO requires you to enter 2FA daily, but that doesn't mean the tickbox should uncheck itself every day.

If I tick trust this device on Monday and login using 2FA, I can then login without 2FA for 24 hours.

After that 24 hours, I need to login using 2FA again AND I have to tick the trust this device box again to get another 24 hour reprieve.

Let us tick the box or another box that will remember our choice ongoing. So each day I only have to login using 2FA again but my choice to trust…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Get rid of this stupid MFA on EVERY sign in.
    It used to be monthly which was bad enough, now it is a constant pain having to use an authentication device just to get access to Xero. MFA is a complete waste of user time. My bank doesn't use it and I trust them not to lose my money, so why does accounting software need it?
    If the ATO insists on it with their stupid STP, then link it to STP and nothing else.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Exchange Rate - Allow more than 6 decimal places.

For conversions from smaller currencies (e.g. 1 KRW = 0.00071 USD), users need the ability to place more than 6 decimal places in order to get the exact currency conversion for the transaction. QuickBooks allows this so I don't see why Xero can't implement it as well.

Xero Central suggested that I make adjustment entries in my Realised Currency Gains account and I find it ridiculous to have to do it than just being allowed to input exact numbers in my original transactions.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. i need tracking categories for bank accounts - my client has three different branches within the organisation and all have their own bank account. i have managed to create tracking categories for income and expenses but Xero hasnt provided the function for bank accounts. So when drawing the Financials the bank accounts dont reflect with each relevant branch. Is there a way that this function could be created/considered or has anyone have any recommendations on how to bypass this problem?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate seeking options from your community here too.

Trying to think into this one - when you draw funds these statement lines would be reconciled to an equity account in the business? In theory the Tracking would be recorded when the item is reconciled to this account ? 

Please do let me know more detail if there's something I'm missing in here? 

18. It would be great if we could search in the files that are attached in the file library. Sometimes you need to find something that was attached a long time ago or by someone else and if you could enter a keyword search it would save trawling through them page by page.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Being able to customize each user role is quite important as every person in every company does something different. Giving them access to systems they shouldn't have because the User Role they need to do their job allows them access to these other areas is a security risk in general.

Putting in Custom Roles will also allow companies to adjust the Users to their Company Policies for controls.

This is the main reason I am posting this, as we are soon bringing on a new junior accountant where I will need to give them "approval" rights for Invoicing and a…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the idea here - Being transparent, developing granular permissions or roles for every feature and action throughout Xero is not in our plans. 

Understanding more of the permission sets majority of users need, will help understand where the biggest impact could be made. 

I've slightly adjusted the title to suit the needs of the role you mentioned. We'll get a sense of others that'd like this too. 

20. For internal control reasons the 'invoice settings' section should be only accessible for certain access types. Anyone with Xero access (excl read only) can go and adjust the bank account manually entered on the invoices sent to customers.

It would be great to have this locked the same way bank account admin is for supplier payments.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?