Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

694 results found

1. For employees who use Xero My Payroll, if you are a Payroll Admin user, you can grant employees authority to approve leave. The option for Timesheet approval should also be there, it is available in other countries but not NZ.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi, It would be great if payslips line items match the 'pay template' pay items or alternatively, for pay items that have a YTD amount to be shown on all payslips (with the Nil or $amount for the current pay period as applicable with the YTD) to breakdown 'Other Previous Earnings'.
    This will also assist tracking multiple pay items where it can vary each pay cycle, coding and tracking STP rates and categories, YE finalisation and review. Many thanks.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  6 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The new start and end times for Xero Me are fantastic, it's exactly what I've been needing to convince clients to start using the app in favour of their old xcell spreadsheets to track hours.

My request is this: can you implement a method of entering the start and end time of a shift independently? As the app stands currently, it seems like an employee needs to enter their start and end times simultaneously, meaning employees have to keep record of when they start each shift.
    It would be great if there was a way for employees to 'clock in'…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We should be able to customise our employee details report to include their job title as well, will this be look at and develop please

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  7 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Once expenses are approved it would be fantastic to have an option to "send" this to their next approved payslip rather than having to manually add this to the payslip.

Seems madness this isn't implemented already - what is the point in doing everything in Xero if you need to faff around making adjustments for details that are already in the system.

Employee's submit expenses - so you know who needs reimbursed already.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. NZ Payroll - I would like a report that shows annual leave taken, any adjustments made to the leave balance and a final total of leave owing. I do not think there is anywhere that shows if an change has been made to someone's leave balance

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. To allow the payroll team to run reports to runs checks on the payroll before submitting the payroll. This would avoid sending numerous automatic FPS reports to HMRC.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  9 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In order to monitor expenses by venue, tracking categories in Payroll - giving staff the ability to log their time worked by venue - makes total sense. However, when staff take A/L or S/L, there is no ability to use a tracking category, so all these transactions go to the default 'unassigned'. The time involved in searching what makes up this 'unassigned' amount in a payroll of 35+ employees across 9 venues is astonishingly time-consuming, yet vital to the overall expense reports. Would love to have some time and effort put into this issue please Xero.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It's great that Xero Me now allow employees to add their own start, finish and break times but all hours appear as ordinary hours. Xero should have a warning prompt flagging this as it's easy to miss overtime hours and pay them as the default ordinary hours, which then needs an unscheduled pay run to correct the underpayments (assuming you work this out for yourself!). Public holidays should also be flagged so we can adjust pay rates (if needed) for these days.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The witholding variation should be on top of the existing PAYG calculation not overrides it, as it currently does. If an employee completes a MyGov employee Tax Form and notes they want an additional % amount variation withheld - it should be on top of their existing PAYG tax, not instead of it. There is no other option to put in a percentage amount in XERO.

Or allow the upward variation amount to be a percentage amount - not just a fixed amount.

The screenshot attached shows this employee should be paying tax on the full amount (no threshold claimed)…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  10 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. UK Payroll- Access to a communal time off calendar for all employees.
    As a smaller business we try to have one employee off at a time where possible- it would be hugely useful if they could access a shared leave calendar in the same place as they request leave & submit timesheets from. This would pull data from my admin overview calendar and stop me having to create external calendar in iOS and another in android which leads to missing data etc and wasted holiday requests. They could see if the leave they want is available prior to the request.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The ability to set up a holiday calendar period of our choice (we have multiple clients with varying holiday calendars) with the option to have the full holiday entitlement available and for the available balance to reduce as employees take annual leave.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  4 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I work in the payroll team at a business where the majority of our employees are on salaries that include super. This means every July, I have to go into every person's pay template and recalculate what their new salary is (because xero works only on an excluding super basis).

My suggestion: The ability to select whether a salary is including or excluding super per employee. Then every year when the statutory super amount goes up, I won't have to recalculate everyone's new salary for xero. This also means that an employee's payslip has the same salary as what is…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When processing payroll, be able to see a comparative between current pay run and previous pay run before completion/filing to identify any discrepancies.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When a client fails to pay Superannuation Guarantee levy on time the employer should lodge a Super Guarantee charge form. Is it possible to develop a form where the affected employees can be printed & exported to excel to enable a simple "cut & paste"? If the ATO have started an investigation this can save many hours of work especially if the period covered is several years.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. At the moment I am adding employee costs (wages) into xero projects.

We have an option with bills to assign a project to that bill be awesome to be able to assign hours worked (with cost) to each of our projects in the timesheet section, and to set per line be good.

eg;
    Monday project 1 - $250
    Tuesday project 2 - $300
    wednesday project 3 - $250

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can we have an audit trail, even if similar to invoices/bills, where we can see the who, date & time of the payslips being sent out for a pay calendar?
    This helps to know the payslips have been sent out and that there is an audit trail for this.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  4 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be beneficial for an employee to record all hours worked in the timesheet including hours to be allocated as TOIL Accrual
    i.e. employee works 35 hours, 30 hours ordinary and 5 hours to TOIL accrual?
    Then when the employees wishes to take the TOIL, they submit a Leave Request as per existing functionality.

Currently the employee needs to separately notify payroll regarding hours worked to be allocated to TOIL Accrual. And this doesn't go through the Supervisor Timesheet Approval process.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When adding a new employee's super fund, being able to add the fund by entering the USI number.

If that can't be done, at least show the USI next to the super fund name so we can make sure we are selecting the correct super fund.

Currently to make sure I am selecting the correct super fund in Xero when adding a new employee, to confirm the USI I need to go to my organisation, settings, payroll settings, superannuation and then, because I can't sort alphabetically or search for a fund name or USI, I basically have to add a…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When running the Payment Summary Details report for a previous financial year, the report does not show the dates of the financial year the data belongs to. The report is titled Payment Summary Details as at Today's Date. For example: it should show Payment Summary Details reporting period 1st July 2017 - 30th June 2018. For audit purposes, there is no way of determining the date range the reported data relates to.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?