Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

105 results found

1. See Inventory Item Cost when doing a Quote. I would find it helpful, when doing a quote to a customer, to see the cost of the inventory item I am quoting on. Of course, it should not appear in the final quote going to the client, but seeing it, would give me more confidence in doing my quote and make it a lot quicker. Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please add ability to filter inventory reports by tracking codes, so you can see quality purchased and sold by tracking code.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It is currently not possible to change the exchange rate used in the new invoicing screen, when invoicing in a foreign currency. You have to switch back to classic invoicing to correct it to the monthly rate we have entered in settings.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Would like to suggest that Xero adds an option for the user to be able to extract activity statements exclusive of any taxes on the invoices listed on the statements.

This would assist calculating the costs of projects less the tax implications, especially for tax vendors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Zolani, is there any reason you'd like this specifically within the customer statement? 

Our Receivable Invoice Detail report may be of help to calculating the costs you're after, instead? 

You can select to include Net, Gross or tax columns in the report so you can see the breakdown when the report is run. If you only need to view for a single contact you'll be able to add a filter where you can select the contact you'd like to run the report for. 

5. email with 1-click link to list of unpaid/open invoices...

When invoices are sent from MYOB, the email includes a link to a webpage which individually lists all unpaid/open invoices. This a great feature especially for accountants when they get a statement and find they are missing an invoice (this link would also be a great option to add this link to statements!!).

Essential to not require signin or Xero to access

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is there a particular reason you'd specifically not want the user to login to Xero to view this information, Ben? 

Currently as you may be aware, there's an option to include a link so that your customer can view outstanding invoices they have with you - See more here 

6. Is there an option to show "Manual Bank Reconciliation Date" rather than Reconciled Date? The reconciled date is system generated and it does not mean much if the balances are out to start with. This would allow the user to know when bank rec was actually performed by a human.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jo-Ann - when you say you'd like to view the date the bank account was manually reconciled would this be on the org's Dashboard?

As a means of viewing this information at present - you could run the History & notes and view only Bank transaction items where you'll see the name of the user and date that the last transaction in the org was reconciled. 🙂

7. Ability to select different mailing lists for 1 customer. This will be useful when you have different projects for the same supplier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Amna, could you explain your idea a little more? Would this be to send bulk comms to multiple contacts from Xero, or something like being able to set different persons on a contacts record to receive different types of transactions or communications? 

8. Currently you can only see new notifications when they pop up in the menu. As soon as you click x, they disappear and cannot be accessed any more. It is useful to be able to look at old notifications - particularly for tax codes so that changes to tax codes can be double checked

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate you raising the idea here, Sally. 

It'd be great to understand when you say "dismissing" notifications, would this be by clicking the "x" icon in the top right hand corner of the notifications pop-up, or within the notification feed? Thanks 

9. I would be good to be able to carry out data analysis of each nominal code and therefore group the account transactions by month with totals rather than by week which will ultimately tie back to the P&L. This would make it useful when carrying out data analysis from the P&L.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kate, not sure I understand your ask here - is this within the Profit & Loss report, or is there another report you're running that you want to link back to the Profit & Loss report that is currently grouped on a weekly basis? 

10. Invoice in Projects - ability to combine time entries of employees to show total hours per employee

At the moment when you create an invoice in Projects, all the individual time entries are shown which can be 2-3 pages long. It would be great to have an option to combine all time entries per employee over a selected period so that the invoice doesn't have to be 2-3 pages long showing time entries done by each employee when all we need is one line item per each employee.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Does this need to be on an employee basis, Jay? 

At present, you can either create an invoice based on the Task or based on Time entries. 

To confirm at present you can summarise the time entries by selecting to invoice as a Task - but appreciate this doesn't allow the individual lines for a employee breakdown 

11. When I reconcile a transaction in my bank account I can enter a "Why". I.e. Gas for Youth Hostel. So when I have multiple transactions to the same customer, under the same Chart of Account I can differentiate them.

However, this data entry can not be pulled into a report. This is really hampering my ability to differentiate my transactions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stephen, is there a specific report you've been running to try include this data? 

When creating a transaction during bank rec, the 'why' is saved as the description of the transaction. You should be able to  run the Account Transactions report to view this detail in the Account you've coded payment too. Let me know how you get on. 🙂

12. Add other gender options for personal settings, non-binary & intersex

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for confirming, Andy - Really appreciate the screenshot. 🙂

I've checked in with our Payroll team where this detail is saved.
    We appreciate wanting more options for gender when entering personal details, and in some regions such as AU & NZ this is optional.
    Currently, in order to ensure successful payroll filings with HMRC in the UK, we need to match the schema they provide. That said, our team are reassessing how this fits in Xero so I'll shift this Idea to 'under review' and can share any updates that come.

13. Can we combine two xero report ?
    Payable invoice detail report & Detailed time report.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A report to run to identify suppliers and customers that have not used in the last 12 months, so we can archive some contacts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not a capture all but maybe a step in the right direction for now that could help, Maureen - Smart Lists could help you get a view of the customers that you've not sold items to recently. 

You could run a New Smart List to view Any customers who have Not Purchased Any items In the last year - Find out more on Smart lists here

15. Being able to add a default account for invoices raised through projects

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. While performing a task of Bulk Income Reconciliation , I have to add Invoice one by one likewise 70123 , 70124, 70125 and so on. This is very time consuming task.
    Could we have range over there so that we can directly select all and reconcile the same.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there 👋, for the example you've provided here you could enter "701" into the search field which would search all unreconciled invoices that include this detail in the Invoice Number field. 

While not a definitive range this'd enable you to focus on a group of invoices in a sequence - Would this suit for what you're after here?

17. Would be useful to be able to have a button at the bottom of a page that you can click to jump to the top of the page instead of having to scroll up, especially when working a page that has many lines.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Susan, thanks for suggesting this one!

Whilst not quite the same as having a button that's built in to the page, you can quickly jump to the top, or the bottom of a page using keyboard shortcuts:

• On a mac, hit Command-up arrow. You can then return to the bottom of the page with Command-down arrow

• On Windows, hit the Home and End keys to go to the top and bottom of a page, respectively.
      Let me know how you get on with these, and if it's a suitable workaround.
  18. Ability to record an annual shutdown leave.

Purpose: Payroll admin can easily record annual shutdown leave when they need to make a calculation around separating employee’s anniversary dates and start dates.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be extremely useful to be able to either
    1. export the main data from all purchase orders / or
    2. be able to make up a custom report

Ie: Supplier, date / reference / ETA / Salesperson / dollar / Revenue identity etc.
    Used For: Sales team, Customer order ETA's etc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Browse all transactions on the "Inventory item list" report, it will also be helpful to reveiw in & out movement and can double check with other source.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?