Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3843 results found

1. Xero - in employee section and only those with payroll admin rights can upload notes/documents such as medical certificates/TFN forms/super choice forms etc in the notes section to be able to track this better and with relevant payruns as well

667 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

117 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we thoroughly appreciate all the interest and detail of where and why you'd like to attach files to employees in payroll.

As many will be aware, the team have been making a lot of changes across Payroll to accompany local regulation & compliance such as STP phase2.

With much of this work still on-going, we want to be open that there are no plans at present for this development. It is top of mind for the team, and will be reconsidered when resource becomes more available however we wanted to share and set expectation for the near term with you all, here.

2. Can the New Invoicing Template have a the original way to change the date instead of opening the date dropdown to then have to open the "Pick another Date" option if it's not today or yesterday.. If it was today it would already have that day selected, so why is it an option? just added extra steps to select the correct date..

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to be able to flag or log a Xero issue, without having to raise a case.
    Sometimes my colleagues and I are having the same issue at the same time with Xero. Eg. Dashboard not displaying correctly, unable to change organisation from the dropdown menu. But when we go to https://status.xero.com/ everything is showing as "Operational".

An option of being able to click onto a region; setting; choose the issue would be great. That means that Xero could be alerted quickly if there is a wider issue, or if it's an isolated issue.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I really need to add notes to the Budget Manager fields to explain (as much to aid my own memory as anything) how I calculated the amounts in each line for each month. This will be helpful when the budget is interrogated at Board meetings and I can easily reference what was included in the expected income or expenditure figures for a month. Xero has this facility in other financial reports, but it is desperately needed in budget manager.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Short-term cash flow projection (plus), currently only able to project to 90 days, is it possible to have the function to show a 6, 12, 18 and 24 month projection??

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show forecasted leave balances to allow for planning of Christmas Shut Down periods

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please offer phone support. You still continue to have many people being frustrated at the lack of phone support you provide. As paying customers and given the substantial fees you charge customers should be able to ring you when they need to. Often the online responses we get from your customer services people are too complex for them or their English is not good enough to be able to understand the issues.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We print packing slips for every invoice we print, since the changes xero has made it has added another step in out process, we are all about streamlining our processes. We would like to revert back to the old way as this is adding time and is also adding more unnecessary files to our computer system. please help us to streamline this process again as the current system doesn`t work for us

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Awaiting payment - max 200 bills.
    I have a supplier who I pay monthly and there are always over 200 bills. I want to make one batch payment for the whole amount, but currently I have to do it on two - the first 200 bills, and then the remaining. Please can this 200 limit be increased?

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. At the moment, you need to raise a credit note to write off a bad debt, which then records the invoice as "paid" which is extremely irksome, and factually incorrect. There needs to be an actual "write off" option so that the debts don't show up constantly in your reports and you can claim a tax deduction for them, but they don't get recorded as paid.

596 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, we appreciate this idea has collected a fair amount of votes and commentary. This has all been feedback and taken seriously by our product teams.

Currently, there are ways to record a bad debt in Xero, depending on your tax registration status and how you want the transactions to be recorded in your reports - We have help for this on Xero Central you can draw into.

We don’t have any plans in the near term to expand functionality to develop a button to write off invoices or bills as 'bad debt'. If anything changes in this space, we’ll update you on this idea!

11. Recording refund through bank reconciliation tab rather than doing a cash refund on the bill/invoice

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please please please Xero can you work on a proper Square bank feed integration so we don't have to keep using Amaka or other 3rd party connection apps!!!
    Why can't we connect Square as a bank account with a feed similar to Stripe?!?! We are in 2024, square has been around for 15years!!

I have so many issues with Square! And it is one of the most widely used payment processors!

A recent example -
    A client has a coffee van and uses it to take payments for cups of coffee. I had to setup the Amaka integration so that…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to go into the contact/client and see all notes under history and notes also the notes that are made under an invoice for the client. So ALL notes are in one place and users don't need to run a report to check a note. The former Xero layout had this. Invoice notes showed up under history and notes for the client in the old Xero layout before July 2023.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Xero Expenses - The ability (like with bills) to forward an email invoice to Xero and it to be automatically added to your Xero expenses app.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Lilly, with Xero expenses you can upload a copy of a receipt and have it auto capture the contents to create an expense through the app - See more on this here

Is there a reason you'd prefer to email receipts to your org over the existing method? Will help when sharing back with the team. 

15. In Australia, users need to be able to manually edit the amount of GST paid on a transaction. This is required because certain transactions (particularly grocery and pharmacy transactions) have a mixture of items, some of which have GST applied, and some that do not. Unfortunately, the receipts for these types of transactions do not indicate which specific items have incurred GST - they just have a total amount of GST paid on that receipt. As such, it would be great if users could just override the total amount of GST paid for those receipts. See attached for an example…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There should be a support chat feature, especially for new users. Drilling through support topics and forums is cumbersome for simple questions.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. PDF attached to all invoices being sent out from Xero - we utilise Salesforce who triggers the email to send from Xero directly - however there is currently no options for PDF to be attached.
    We have numerous clients refusing to pay because they wont click the link to download an invoice and in the last few weeks the link now takes them to a screen to enter card details not a copy of the invoice causing more clients not willing to click the link (screenshot of new screen attached). Regional Australia business where all of our customers aren't tech…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New Invoicing problem - we are copying new invoices from the existing purchase orders and prices on the new invoices are showing as a cost price instead of the sales prices! :(((. A massive issue! Also, the new invoicing look is not user friendly with a lot of space on the screen. We were very happy with the current invoicing when everything was working perfectly, and the new invoicing does not work for us at all. Dear Xero developers, please do not fix what is not broken and leave the current invoicing as it is.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New Invoicing - Show selected From Email

The old invoicing would show which Email address would be used as the from email when emailing an invoice to a client. This is an important double check to be sure I'm using the correct email address for the particular client. Since this has been removed I now have to remember to check the Email settings in a different tab before sending every invoice, which is very time consuming and is the primary reason I switch back to Classic every time I try the frustrating "New Invoicing" system after suffering through its hard…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Repeating Invoice - Bulk update next invoice date

I am an accountant with clients who make use of repeating invoices. The current problem is that in certain months they want to run their invoices on different dates due to public holidays or festive season. In these situations they have to manually go and update the "next invoice date" in each invoice.

I want to suggest a bulk action for this as it would end up saving hours for the businesses.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?