Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

42 results found

1. Option to generate a Notice of Electronic Funds document to send to suppliers requiring immediate proof of payment. Said Notice to include:

remittance date
    name/contact details of remitting party
    amount
    reference / description for payment being made
    the bank details of both the remitting and beneficiary banks

Not an original idea but I received a notice from a customer. Today I was asked to submit one to a supplier as proof of payment so they could ship out an urgent delivery but I could not provide one. See sample document attached for reference.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nina, this is something I'd recommend engaging your financial institution or bank about. While you can set up and create a payment in Xero, the confirmation of funds transfer would come at the point the money is paid from your actual bank account to the suppliers bank account. 

If your suggestion however is from the Sales side where you'd like to request your own customers provide proof of payment for invoices you send to them perhaps this could be worked into your organisations branding as part of the payment terms

2. See Inventory Item Cost when doing a Quote. I would find it helpful, when doing a quote to a customer, to see the cost of the inventory item I am quoting on. Of course, it should not appear in the final quote going to the client, but seeing it, would give me more confidence in doing my quote and make it a lot quicker. Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It is currently not possible to change the exchange rate used in the new invoicing screen, when invoicing in a foreign currency. You have to switch back to classic invoicing to correct it to the monthly rate we have entered in settings.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. email with 1-click link to list of unpaid/open invoices...

When invoices are sent from MYOB, the email includes a link to a webpage which individually lists all unpaid/open invoices. This a great feature especially for accountants when they get a statement and find they are missing an invoice (this link would also be a great option to add this link to statements!!).

Essential to not require signin or Xero to access

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is there a particular reason you'd specifically not want the user to login to Xero to view this information, Ben? 

Currently as you may be aware, there's an option to include a link so that your customer can view outstanding invoices they have with you - See more here 

5. Being able to add a default account for invoices raised through projects

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would be good to be able to carry out data analysis of each nominal code and therefore group the account transactions by month with totals rather than by week which will ultimately tie back to the P&L. This would make it useful when carrying out data analysis from the P&L.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kate, not sure I understand your ask here - is this within the Profit & Loss report, or is there another report you're running that you want to link back to the Profit & Loss report that is currently grouped on a weekly basis? 

7. Invoice in Projects - ability to combine time entries of employees to show total hours per employee

At the moment when you create an invoice in Projects, all the individual time entries are shown which can be 2-3 pages long. It would be great to have an option to combine all time entries per employee over a selected period so that the invoice doesn't have to be 2-3 pages long showing time entries done by each employee when all we need is one line item per each employee.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Does this need to be on an employee basis, Jay? 

At present, you can either create an invoice based on the Task or based on Time entries. 

To confirm at present you can summarise the time entries by selecting to invoice as a Task - but appreciate this doesn't allow the individual lines for a employee breakdown 

8. When I reconcile a transaction in my bank account I can enter a "Why". I.e. Gas for Youth Hostel. So when I have multiple transactions to the same customer, under the same Chart of Account I can differentiate them.

However, this data entry can not be pulled into a report. This is really hampering my ability to differentiate my transactions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stephen, is there a specific report you've been running to try include this data? 

When creating a transaction during bank rec, the 'why' is saved as the description of the transaction. You should be able to  run the Account Transactions report to view this detail in the Account you've coded payment too. Let me know how you get on. 🙂

9. Would be useful to be able to have a button at the bottom of a page that you can click to jump to the top of the page instead of having to scroll up, especially when working a page that has many lines.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Susan, thanks for suggesting this one!

Whilst not quite the same as having a button that's built in to the page, you can quickly jump to the top, or the bottom of a page using keyboard shortcuts:

• On a mac, hit Command-up arrow. You can then return to the bottom of the page with Command-down arrow

• On Windows, hit the Home and End keys to go to the top and bottom of a page, respectively.
      Let me know how you get on with these, and if it's a suitable workaround.
  10. It would be extremely useful to be able to either
    1. export the main data from all purchase orders / or
    2. be able to make up a custom report

Ie: Supplier, date / reference / ETA / Salesperson / dollar / Revenue identity etc.
    Used For: Sales team, Customer order ETA's etc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Browse all transactions on the "Inventory item list" report, it will also be helpful to reveiw in & out movement and can double check with other source.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi, Is it at all possible on the Product and Service where we create codes for the invoices, that under Purchase and Sell there is an option to add another line. By this I mean there are time when I create an invoice to a client under the same heading i want to have a line that show the price, the sales account and vat at 20%. Then another line to state a filing fee is zero rated. etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI Karen, trying to better understand your idea here - would you expect this additional line to be visible to the customer on the invoice? If so you could simply enter this in the description field of the new line. If it's a process you see yourself often using you could save this as a new 'untracked' item where the price would be $0. 

13. Add the tick box in Sales Overview > Invoices > ALL tab

We want to bulk upload all invoices for the week in 1 file regardless of the status (paid/unpaid). We couldn't at the moment because of the absence of the tick boxes in the ALL tab.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Rounding back on your idea here, Abigail - It'd be good to get more understanding of your business flow and why you'd be wanting to create invoices of another status. For example is here a specific reason you'd like to import invoices that have already been paid for? Could these potentially be entered as Receive monies or is there a reason they need to be raised in Xero once they've already been paid? TIA 

14. When you create a new transaction you have 2 fields which identify the nature of the transaction - "Description" and "Details".

I find myself constantly copying one to the other. It would be really useful if Xero could auto-copy description across to details, and if you don't want it the same you can overtype the details.

Having content in both fields helps identify the item, and usually the same content will do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We need to be able to send reminder letters through Xero but as and when, and to all customers, not just those that have fallen overdue since turning on the function. We have just migrated and have to go through each account and send an email outside of Xero to chase these so therefore no audit trail. This seems a key feature which is missing and easy to implement.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate you raising the idea, Emma. To round back and confirm current functionality - If needing to send emails for invoices to multiple customers at once you could use the email feature from the contacts list view - See our Xero central article for detail on this. 

If it's something you'd commonly do you may like this article in helping you set up email templates where you could create and save a custom template that you'd use when sending an overdue invoice. 

It'd be good to hear if there is detail that this method doesn't help you resolve, that we can share back with our product team. 

16. Bills to Pay export report that contains Overpayments does not currently agree to Aged Payables report. The Overpayments are displayed as a positive value instead of a negative value. This means that the Bills to Pay export report is overstated. Please correct this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Trying to better understand your idea here, Niamh - When you say Bills to pay export, would this be when exporting a list of Bills from the Bills to pay screen? 

Overpayments for bills would be treated as credit available to be applied to a bill - Unlike Prepayments which would be treated as a debit that would be applied at a future date to a bill that has yet to be created. 

17. Quote Folders Expanding
    Option to expand the folders and keep them open. (Even when clicking in and out of costs etc)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you say 'Quotes folders' - could you provide a little more detail on where and what you mean by this in Xero, Kim? 

Would this be when viewing folders in the Files library that may have been set u for your Quotes? or something a bit different? Thanks 

18. Ability to alert a user when there’s duplicate invoices references when they’re about to approve it.

Purpose: To prevent when user approved invoices in bulk through either the Draft or Awaiting Approval sections. So they can double check

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, thanks for sharing feedback on this and voting for the idea here. Our product team are thinking about how they might help alleviate the pain of identifying duplicate bills in Xero. We're at the point where we'd like to get some feedback on their designs and would like to offer the ability to share back with us. 

✍️If you'd be interested in participating in concept testing of this feature please fill in this short form

We may not be able to contact or schedule everyone who registers their interest, however we'll return to share outcomes, and any updates with you here. 😊

19. Ability to send invoices through PEPPOL network.

Purpose: To comply with the European standard of e-invoicing and e-ordering. Especially for those who deal with the public sector.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest in seeing expansion in our eInvoice support, everyone. Our team are now looking into furthering our support of sending eInvoice's in the UK. 

I'll round back to share as this work progresses. 

20. Ability to make Physical address as default delivery address when creating Purchase orders.

Purpose: It’s saving users time rather than change the address manually.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all 👋 thanks for sharing this idea and contributing your feedback on how it would help save time and reduce delivery errors. This has all been sent to and considered by our product teams.

I wanted to jump in here to share that this is a feature that our team are looking to develop in Purchase Orders in the long term - there are a few other pieces of work lined up before. We'll shift to Under review and keep you updated of any progress, here.

In the meantime, one way to make the physical address the default delivery address when creating purchases orders is by using a Custom DOCX branding theme, and either use the relevant merge fields, or even enter the default address in plain text on the template. You might then have a separate ‘normal’ theme if you want some orders to go to the Postal…

• Don't see your idea?