For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1447 results found

1. Adding tracking categories to VAT return/reports:

I would like to run a VAT return/report per quarter to be shown by tracking category rather than as a whole. There is not an option on the current VAT report to add the tracking categories, therefore I think this would add benefits to any client that uses tracking categories for departments.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your response, Jordan. Can see why the Account Transactions report won't fit in this scenario. 

To be upfront we don't have current plans around this with much of our reporting teams focus on change in the new reporting framework in lead up to removing older reports in July this year - More on this here 

I've slightly amended the title of your idea and we'll feel out the interest for this here and update if any change is planned. 

For now if not already, I'd highly encourage sharing link to the idea here with your clients and colleagues that'd like to see this to support, too. 

2. Allow users the ability to import and export bank rules.

This would save time having to manually create similar bank rules in Xero, and ease with new client organisation setup

407 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for all the attention and support this idea has collected, everyone. While we've made improvements to some of the screens in Bank Rules, we're still considering where others changes could be made, and it's helpful to see the traction on this idea.

With the new Bank Rules list view you'll find that you can now Search making it a little easier to group and manage your rules from within Xero. We're also enhancing the suggestions and auto matching when you reconcile which overtime will help to decrease the amount of rules a business may need.

We understand how being able to export rules would add another level to managing rules outside of Xero, and importing of rules would ease setups and we'll keep this idea front of mind and re-evaluate the interest when resource frees up to consider additional features.

3. In the new invoicing it is possible to add a customers credit onto their invoice from the bottom of the screen however the old version would have a pop up asking if you would like to apply the credit.

Can we change new invoicing so that it pops up asking for confirmation as this is easily missed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Amy, when you start entering an invoice for a customer that has credit you'll receive a notification in the bottom right. Then, when you approve the invoice you'll receive a prompt to let you know that you have credit for the contact and would you like to apply it. Or is there a different place in this flow you'd expect to see the prompt? 

4. Be able to run depreciation as MACRS in Fixed Assets.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Account Transactions Report

It doesn't make sense that you can separately select the 'Contact' column and the 'Description' column, but that the 'Contact' details show in the 'Description' column.

It feels like the 'Description' column in the Account Transactions report is wrongly pointing to the 'Contact' data!

If the 'Description' detail is not available in the Account Transactions report, this column should be withdrawn from the options available for selection.

It would be great to get this issue fixed.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your engagement on this idea. To help explain a little on how this works in the Account Transactions(AT) report - what shows in the Description field when running the report is dependent on the type of account you're running the report for.

For example, when running the AT report for a bank account, transactions will show the Contact name in the Description field. This is because the detail that is entered on each description line in the body of a transaction relates to the account the line item is coded to. 

To see the detail, you'll need to run the report for the account code, not the bank account. This is also how the report works for some other accounts such as the system sales tax account, Account Receivable, and Accounts Payable.

If you're trying to find the account a bank transaction or system account line has…

7. Batch print packing slip

We are able to batch print invoices through the awaiting payment page, but having the ability to batch print packing slips would be great. Having to click in and out of invoices to print the packing slip for multiple entries daily takes quite a bit of time. Can this feature be added?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When a report filter is selected, the filter should be displayed on the report that is displayed/printed. Eg if you use employee groups and you filter a payroll report by said group, the printed report should display the filter chosen

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can we please have a Parent and Child relationship on the accounts to ease cash allocations. At the moment we are getting 1 payment that covers multiple accounts.

We work with Schools and get payments from Councils and Academy's. These payments go across multiple schools and payments are currently allocated 1 invoice at a time.

It would be helpful to have a Parent account / Hierarchy account or to put the Council/Academy name within the individual school account on Xero and put the Parent/Hierarcy name within the "Find & select matching transactions" - "Search by name or reference"

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add Recap Transaction found in MYOB.
    The feature allows you to see which accounts will be affected (debited or credited) by a transaction you're about to enter. Seeing what effect a particular transaction will have on the accounts allows one to know the outcome of transactions with accuracy. This is a powerful feature that can prevent incorrect entry of all kinds of transactions. See attached screenshot from MYOB

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate not the exact feature you're looking for here and will be good to get a sense of the interest of this here. In the meantime, I wanted to make sure you can find this information once reconciled. Those with the Standard or Adviser roles can run the Journal report to view recent impacts to accounts and the user that made each change. 

11. I think the time has come to invest in AI, as a accounting software leader (Xero). Many people invest their money in AI software, like accountants, to do better / more accurate and faster budgets, forecasting (cash/accrual) mixed with different scenario's, transaction reconciliations and presentations of data/information and graphs. This usually in excel; outside the accounting software, where mistakes are likely to happen. I am not in IT, or software development/integrations, so I do not have an idea what this type of investment would cost, but my gut feeling is it would be worth it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Like your forward thinking, Johan. 

As Freya mentioned there is some AI going on in Xero already with the way Xero makes suggestions to help you reconcile your bank account. 

We recently shared some insights with our customers on our approach to generative AI with Xero and you can read more about this on our blog

Later this year you'll see Just ask Xero (JAX) be introduced and I'll round back to share once this is available. 

12. Would it be possible to add Project Codes as a selectable column in the Account Transactions report? We would find this most useful as it would save time.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to visualise how draft bills and invoices affect my cashflow, something which I know is not possible at the moment. This would allow me to predict how multiple open quotes & projects could affect my financing requirements. Could this be added in future?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Invoices - Prefix in Date Format

It would be great we could choose an invoice prefix in a date format that automatically updates each day. For example 20231123-01, 20231124-01 02 03 etc.

I track my invoices by the date in which I send them so this feature would save me alot of time instead of having to manually update the date in the invoice prefix each day.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Reinstate the bank activity graph for contacts (clients) which used to enable us to see all bank activity for all bank accounts on the client contact page. Give us back our credit control eyes!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When resizing my browser window, many of the Xero screens (including Bills, Timesheets, Invoices) do not resize. Instead they chop off on the right hand side. There is not even the option of a slider to get over to the right.

I have tested this across two browsers IE and Chrome. Frequently I am working on a laptop with a small screen and this is really annoying. I would rather they scale up or down when I make my browser larger or smaller.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Need option to display supplier bank details when running the supplier payments bank report. Key for bank approvers to easily verify bank details for supplier payments.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

See where you're coming from and thanks for the confirmation, Malcolm (I've just slightly adjusted the title here 🙂)

This isn't something we have planned at present but will get a sense of the appetite here and let you know if there's any change. 

19. The ability to transfer any one year budget or overall budget to another year
    This will facilitate annual budgeting as you don't need to start from scratch

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Send a single Receipt for multiple invoices which will help the customers who are expecting an annual Tax receipt for the payments made for the reporting financial year.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?