Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

713 results found

1. I have one employee that is paid the same amount every week, it would be great if I could set the pay run to post and file itself every week until further notice. I have an automatic bank payment set up so this would make it so easy - and more importantly it doesn't rely on me remembering.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When posting a pay run, Xero should automatically create spend money transactions with all relevant details and links to the pay run.

Currently, this is done manually by creating spend money transactions for each transaction and there is no link to the payslip.

This will save a lot of time in reconciling a pay run and improve the connectivity within Xero.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be a great addition to be able to allocate employees to a particular employee group and from this run historical employee summary reports by employee.

At present when setting up tracking categories the tracking in employee reports will only track payruns once the employee groups are setup. Any historical payruns are not included. This makes it difficult to compare periods or look at employee group reports for the year to date.

There should be an ability to apply the employee grouping tracking to all or some of the historical payruns.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A CSV/Excel file with headers Employee, Gross, Net, NI, giving essentially the same data as the Payroll Activity Details report, for a payrun, but in column format with one line per employee for ease of reference.

We have more than 30 employees and the Payroll Activity Details report is very long and cumbersome to reference.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I love the Payroll Audit History on each employee, though I noticed it doesn't include history on the Employee Xero Me invited. It would be great to have a similar thread to when invoices are sent : date & time of sending and which email it was sent to.
    Employees frequently state they "didn't receive the invite", it makes the conversation easier if we can say, "we did, please check ___ email's inbox and junk for an email received at ____ time on ___day"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We are wanting to create a report for timesheet information for hours worked submitted by employees, that have been reviewed by their managers, i.e. rejected and unapproved overtime worked. The timesheet report only lists the paid hours. We would like to know the hours submitted by employees on their timesheets, versus the hours that were eventually approved and paid for. Are we able to create a custom report for this, to work out unapproved (as revised by the approver) overtime hours per employee, for a specific time period. This information is needed to do the BOOT test each year for…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would prefer that the dates displayed on the Payroll Activity Details & the Payroll Employee Summary reports are the beginning and of the pay period.
    I have found that some of my clients get confused with the way those reports are currently issued, using the payment date.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Change the Alternate Holiday accrual to days not hours. Legally when someone works on a statutory holiday they get to accrue 1 days alternate holiday, which is the hours that they would normally work when they take the day off, not the hours they worked on the stat day. It's misleading putting in hours instead of days, especially if every day if not an 8 hour day. Reports need to be run every time an Alternate Holiday is taken to ensure they still have that day available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When an employee works for multiple tracking categories within the business... Now, there is only one category that we can apply to in an employee card...however, sometimes, they work for more "tracking categories" ..it would be handy if we could select more category options while processing pay runs..

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can Xero Auto populate the timesheets section from the standard hours, that you can then review and update there.

Can the standard hours set on the employees account auto populate the times sheet so when reviewing you are only working through and making the alterations and not adding them all in when this is very repetitive. It is currently faster to run a draft pay run and go into every payslip and make alterations which is frustrating.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. UK Bank upload: Please can you sort out the Bacs/faster payment facility in Payroll? It needs to be compatible with UK Banks to avoid having to manually enter 80 payments into the bank.....please please!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Gross to Net Report (and payroll reporting more generally) to have the Tracking Category defined in the payroll setup.

We use Department. Could the tracking category be added in the same way this functionality exists in wider Xero reporting.

It is quite painful not to be able to summarise the payroll by the selected tracking category (department for us) and also to group together this way. The bigger the company gets, the less helpful the current functionality is

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Xero Me - it would be good to be able to disable the 'leave' functions on Xero Me for businesses that use other platforms for this purpose but would still like their employees to access their payslips online

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove Employer tax payable of the employee's payslip. I would like this line to have the option to show, I understand the need to show employee taxes, however not the Employer tax part

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently we can search employee's data by using the dropdown arrow and selecting a specific employee. Can we also have the option for an arrow which allows us to simply scroll through each employee's record rather than having to use the dropdown option each time

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to send and generate online commencement forms from Xero Payroll.

Purpose: Employees can complete and submit their own online commencement forms, rather than having to ask the employers to submit it.

214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your input here, everyone. This is a feature that our team have looked into and would like to develop for AU Payroll, however there are a few other key pieces of work lined up before they get a chance to explore this further.
    Rest assured that our eyes are on the ground monitoring your feedback and votes here, so please keep adding them in this thread. If there’s any movement, we’ll make sure to come back and let you all know.

17. I have different managers responsible for different employee timesheets so therefore I would really like the ability to authorise specific managers to employees. Am still using mostly paper timesheets because of the massive deficiencies in the XeroMe ones (think is one of the many reasons).
    I don't think its appropriate that anyone authorised can access all timesheets as it does nothing but create confusion and the potential to authorise the wrong ones. Also unnecessarily time consuming.

Is it possible to please add some tickboxes/controls to remove this hurdle?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. To allow payrun to be listed in a different currency besides organization base currency.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please can we have the option in Regular earnings to have pay items that can be setup with day units and not hours so taht it shows on payslip as number of days x rate.

Thank you.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. UK Payroll: Allow each payrolls to book to different accounts.

Most consulting firms have a set of employees on fees, the costs of which are considered as costs of sale in the P&L, and a set of employees in the back office, the costs of which are considered as operating costs in the P&L.

Xero already support multiple payrolls (and we use this feature) but Xero doesn't not support each payroll booking to separate accounts in the chart of accounts. We have to do an error prone manual journal for each payroll each payroll cycle.

I would be great if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?