Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

243 results found

1. We have imported all our contacts (a mixture of customers and suppliers) into Xero but they have all gone into the "All" category and there is now no way of assigning them to the "Customers" or "Suppliers" categories. It seems like a crazy restriction that not even the Xero people can fix for us. My suggestion is to allow us to move them out of All into one of the other categories.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We need to export donations from Xero to our CRM system. However, matching on Name is looking very difficult but we could add either the CRM ID to the Contact record as their Account Number, or their email. However, I can't find a way of exporting a csv containing the date, amount, and either email Account number. Can this be added?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nigel, coming back over your idea here I wanted to confirm it is possible to export contacts and their data from your Xero organisation. 

This will include Account Number, email - See our article here

Can you expand a little more on what you're meaning by date and amount? Thanks 

3. Need a warning message when a CIS Return has changed from the original amount submitted, to enable the user to know that an amended return neds to be submitted.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The longer I use Xero the more supplier invoices it stores.
    When I use the recent bills report it takes so long to go back to the beginning 2015 in my case before it allows you to put in a date search.
    It would be great if we could have a function to archive old supplier and customer invoices- not losing them altogether but just in the background to be viewed if needed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When generating a sales invoice for new contact to have the ability to add the primary contact name and email so that email can be emailed to primary contact name without editing the contact first.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Financial Details Summary - BSB Number and Account Number need to display seperatly on Contacts Dashboard. They currently display as one string of numbers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to customize quotes and invoice templates to include contact's phone number(s), similar to including address.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The new notes section is a good idea one of which I suggested however its really not very freindly to use.
    its buried at the end of the contact detail which means you have to navigate here.
    The window is far too small - want a lot larger window at least 3 times the current box size which would make it easy to see and edit.
    Would like it to appear on the invoice page so that one can see and edit as necessary when creating invoices.
    There is a lot of white space on the invoices and I feel…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Peter, good to get your feedback on this feature and though we appreciate hearing the changes you'd like to see it's good to keep each idea on a separate thread so we can get an understanding of the interest for each alone that the team can consider. 

We have an idea surrounding the ability to view contact notes when invoicing over here that I'd recommend joining, and have adjusted the title of your idea here to reflect your first ask of moving this notes section somewhere it could be more readily edited on their record. You're welcome to start new ideas for each of the additional points you've made here. 

9. It would be great if in Blue Xero in the Contacts list the "Mobile number" can be displayed when there is no actual phone number, currently you need to open the contact to see the Mobile Number. a bit frustrating.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We've just released a recent improvement to searching contacts where you can now search a contact by any phone, direct dial, mobile or fax number saved in their contact record.

While you won't be able to see a contacts mobile number from the screen, you'll be able to search for a contact by a mobile number that's been saved for them.

We don't have further change planned to add more detail to this screen atm but we'll continue to track the support of the idea here.

10. When viewing a contact, the options to "add group" and "remove group" are two separate functions, making moving a contact from one group to another very clunky. This request is to combine the add/remove feature, so you can simply select/unselect which groups a contact is in. This would mean that to move a contact from one group to another, you would simply deselect the old group checkbox and check the new group checkbox.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I create new contacts all the time, often while creating an invoice. I usually only have a few details on hand to start creating the contact (name, email, phone number). So I flick between windows, copying from one and pasting into Xero's "create new customer" dialogue right there on the invoice edit screen.

It's the phone number I have the most trouble with. If there are any space characters in the (usually mobile) phone number I have copied - and there pretty much always are spaces when copying from an email or whatever - then nothing will paste into the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to add client logos in contacts. Use for thumbnails there and in Projects. Would demonstrate partnership with them when used in communications and emails.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great if we could search from within a customer or supplier record for a specific invoice or bill number.

It is difficult at the moment to search as
    1) there are always notes in the way that can't be hidden
    2) you have to exit the customer/supplier to find the screen where a search is available.

Having used other accounting packages, I was shocked to see this wasn't available within Xero.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, trying to understand more of the intention behind searching this detail on the contact record - Could you share any reasons or scenarios in which you;'d want to view other contact info along side the invoice details you're locating? 

Alternatively, as some might be using - you can use the view recent invoice or bills links to navigate to a full list of invoice for a specific contact. On the other hand you could run the Payable / Receivable Invoice Details reports to search and view invoice details. To zone in you'll be able to filter by Contact. 

14. Since the new contact layout was introduced, you cannot save an attention name without there being an address in the address field. Sometimes we do have a company name, contact name and no address.

Please review and correct.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Auto-check of an invoice amount and compare it to the customer's maximum ever invoice amount. To avoid a typo eg entered £7000 instead of £700.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the interest in the idea here. As noted in my last update Contact Credit Limits might help some situations but we appreciate may not suit all needs. We don't have any direct change planned for this feature atm, but we'll continue to monitor the interest around this and share if there's any progress with you all, here. 

16. Create a full document management suit that links into invoicing including agreed increases reminders and renewals. Look at a integrated solution with online signing ability like Videosign: https://www.videosign.co.uk/

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to have clients phone numbers included when saving a CSV Export of Invoices. This feature is unavailable, though all other client data such as name, address and email gets exported.

I need to be able to track my clients 6 monthly and 12 monthly and send them SMS and this is the easiest way to access invoice dates and client data in a CSV file.

I find it very strange the phone data column was not included and hasn't been requested until now.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Xero has the facility to look up UK addresses by postcode when entering new contacts etc.

Unfortunately it usually makes a such a mess of the address, I end up editing it all again anyway!

• UK Postcode lookups can return a Company Name (e.g. if there are multiple companies registered at the same address.) Xero adds this company name again to the address. In our case, that is a duplicate of the Contact name, so we take that out to avoid it appearing twice.

• UK Postal counties are obsolete and should no longer be used in postal addresses. Royal Mail…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have the ability to set default settings for every new Contact you add to Xero.

Our default tax will always be Tax Exclusive for example. We should be able to set this as the default to all new contacts added, as well as:

Default account
    Currency
    Invoice Theme
    Invoices Due Date

Cheers

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be good to be able pick from a pre-defined list of countries. This would enable clean data entry. Also we are syncing data with Hubspot and it is causing issues with matching to pre-defined lists with the CRM

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?