Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4653 results found

1. Ability to assign appointments from outlook into projects as time entries. Narrative of work completed could be put in the appointment and then assigned to the project. The colour of the appointment in outlook would change colour to show its been assigned.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Font size of Depreciation Schedule

The more assets the smaller the font gets, Some columns can be taken out,but we do not want that. There should be the flexibily to choose portrait & landscape and over how many pages the schedule will be generated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Single double quote marks in an exported .csv file cause the file to lose data integrity - a facility to remove single double quote marks " prior to export of the file

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Stephen, thanks for raising this one!

It'd be great to get a bit more information on this one.

Could you let us know where you're experiencing issues with .aba files and what those issues were?

4. When creating a schedule in the Notes to the Financial Statement, at present you can't include an opening balance at the schedule level, only once you have created a group within the schedule. It would be useful, if this could be done. Other reports like the Statement of Changes in Equity do have this option, so it should not be difficult to include this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When I select a supplier or customer, the list of invoices start off with the date I started using xero 2013.
    Could we change this to make the most current at the top of view instead of scrolling to the bottom.
    The way I currently view is:
    Contacts, supplier, Name, view recent bills report.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow casual, one off, expense claims WITHOUT needing to purchase the "Expenses" subscription.

I am the treasurer of a Men's Shed and, occasionally, members use personal funds (either card or cash) for Shed expenses, generating an expense claim. These are rare, usually one off, and might not occur again.

Could an exception be allowed for this, within the software, that would allow a one off expense to be recorded? This could then then trigger the need to purchase the "Expense" module if that person had any future expense claims within, say, 12 or 18 months.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I work a lot with quotes and 99% of the time I am interested only in Draft quotes. So I select "Draft" but everytime I select a quote to change it, after I close a change quote screen and I return to the list of quotes, the list is shown again with "All" quotes. Why doesn't Xero keep the selection criteria to re-show the list? I literally have to re-select "draft" hundreds of time per day. It doesn't make sense to me... The same applies to the search criteria in the top part of the screen. If I want to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop Xero from automatically changing the Tax Rate of an Account when the Account Type is changed. It's so annoying. Offer/suggest, sure. But don't do it by default. No, I do not want to change Wages & Salaries from BAS Excluded to GST on Expenses just because I change it from Direct Costs to Expense/Overhead or vice versa. Such a dumb default setting.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be helpful if there was a section on Xero dedicated to personalised editable stationery. Letterhead, envelopes with logo etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow a customer to apply credit notes against invoices when paying via credit card online

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I want to generate a report that shows what we have been paid in the past month (as opposed to what we have invoiced). The information is in Xero already, all paid invoices are marked as such when we do the bank reconciliation, but it doesn't seem possible to run a simple report showing all payments in across a specified time period. This was a simple report in Sage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For when creating an re-occuring invoice, there is occasions, where invoices must be sent at specific times of the month, for example...

• Last Day of the month
    • Every 2nd Tuesday
    • Last Thursday of the month

The reason behind this, is because some companies who you are invoicing operate specific payment cycles, and in order for a small business to get paid within the terms of their invoice ( Late Payment Act 1998 & your own article on [ https://www.xero.com/uk/guides/invoice-payment-terms/ ] - Payments terms are getting shorter )

More tools we Small businesses have, there better equipped we are in order…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Requirement to have flexibility in how Long Service Leave is recorded for Victoria for casual employees who have taken multiple periods of parental leave and unpaid leave so small business is able to record number of weeks and entitlement due date and be able to accrue the entitlement of .80 weeks per year of service (and have that show on their pay). At the moment we are unable to show the employee the entitlement in weeks - only hours. The hours paid per week will be variable depending on when they take the leave so having this flexibility in Xero…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be very useful to be able to generate a Bill when Reconciling, instead of just being able to "Spend Money". This would allow much better tracking of transactions, since money leaving an account via Spent Money is far less visible than when a Bill is paid.

Specifically:

When PayPal is enabled as a Payment Method, and a customer pays their Invoice this way, the associated PayPal account shows two entries in the Bank Feed ready for Reconciliation:
    1) A transaction fee is deducted from the PayPal account.
    2) The full amount of the payment into the PayPal account.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Faris, generally as a bill is received prior to payment so currently it's expected that the bill would already exist in Xero when reconciling. 

Appreciate your example of where this could create efficiency and we'll get an idea of the support in this here. 🙂

In the meantime, depending on your type of sales you may find an integration in our App Store that could serve by automatically creating the transactions in Xero. 

15. The ISO 3166 country name for "United Kingdom" is "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (the)", which is 58 characters. We are currently unable to use this name for our contacts as Xero throws an error (both in the UI and API).

Please consider increasing the country name maximum length to at least 60 characters.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Order book:

Ability to confirm to a customer that their quote has been accepted & processed as an order. It is either in the process of being made, or waiting in a queue of work to be done.

As the business manager I can look at my order book on a daily basis to see which orders are outstanding and in what priority they should be completed.

Deposits can be assigned to an order, the customer can receive a confirmation that their deposit has been received. This only needs to become an Invoice once the work is ready to be…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When a Xero customer is creating an invoice for another Xero customer - why not allow this to automatically show up in the Bills section, if the receiver agrees to this. Would save a heap of time and coding.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Label printing. It would be so much easier if having entered the name and address on an invoice we could then print the name and address directly onto a label writer (something easily done using Sage software). We are a publisher, selling books via a website to people who usually only ever make one purchase, so we don't want to create an unnecessarily massive contact list. At the moment we have to type their name and address onto the invoice, then type it all over again on the label writer software, thus doing the same thing twice with the chance…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Uncoded statement lines report available under 'Manage Account' and preset to that bank account.

If this report was available under the Manage Account arrow it would be much easier to find and print/process.

Otherwise you need to click click to bank accounts etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can Xero Me send alerts to users who have unreconciled credit cards amount but haven't added their expenses yet?

Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?