Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4124 results found

1. Sort 'customer or supplier' list by account number from the drop down menu, (not the same as the search function).
    The account number field is a unique identifier to any customer or supplier record. Having this function should be a necessity as it is with most other software.
    In many cases the account number field is overlooked in Xero from the users point of view, yet it underpins the whole database for many people and connecting software/apps.
    In the same vein, the 'date added' drop down, which could be argued as being able to achieve a similar result, in my…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Customer Statements - the current statements show payments allocated to invoices. This is confusing for customers who make part payments. Can Xero please bring in an option to not include payment allocations as our customers only want to view their statements by looking at the amounts they actually paid, not the break ups

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate wanting to see a direct option within customer statements that exist in Xero. 

An option here would be to run the Customer Invoice Activity report where you can filter by Source to remove payment type sources such as 'Receivable Payment'. Once set up this could be saved as a custom report to be run with your filters at any time. 🙂

3. Why can there not be a "% markup" option in the Sell section?

It's standard for us to put the same % markup on all our products, but each time I add a new one, I have to work it out manually.
    FYI - I usually about up to 10 a week!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Xero to give a warning if a user posts a draft invoice or submits an invoice for approval with a date in a period that has been locked.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently, the Account Transaction report showing the detailed descriptions as same as the contact field, as Employee Name.

It would be very useful to be able to show a details in descriptions field for individual or bank accounts type in the Account Transaction reports as same as the detailed descriptions in Xero Expense.

Please find attached for your reference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automatically provide the audit certificate for e-signatures applied in Document Packs. At the moment, you need to contact Xero Support to obtain the audit certificates, which often takes days, when you generally need these things urgently

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'd like to be able to filter payroll-related reports (eg. Superannuation Accruals) by the pay calendar being used for the employee.

Several of my clients have a separate pay calendar for permanent employees and employees (and contractors) whose pay changes from payrun to payrun. This enables them to quickly do pays for permanent employees whose timesheets don't need to be checked and spend more time over those who do. It also enables late timesheets to be processed with less fuss as there's fewer employees to scroll through to add the ones whose timesheets you just received.

When it comes to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add the invoice reference field when sending an invoice from Xero to Xero via a network key.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. QR Code on Invoice that goes to same web location as the 'View your Bill Online' link on Invoices.

Currently, a Xero Invoice can have a link displayed for easy/direct payment by customer.

I would like to see the option to include a QR Code, embeded within the EMAIL sent to customers, and on the PDF attached to the Email, that translates to the same link, allowing for easy payment of printed invoices at time of delivery.

Great for 1st time customers, Pay on Delivery or COD customers.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Any appetite/plans to offer Analytics Plus as a per month add-on like projects and expenses?

For my starter clients, it would be nice to offer the 90 days, instead of just the 7/30 days.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When changing the year end for a client, it would be nice if previous year's could be locked in dates, fixed assets, etc.
    Once the year end is changed, it seems to amend the dates for the previous year in all reports too, if (for example) the new year end means the current "year" runs to 13+ months (such as when the year end is extended): it's hard to get the comparative period in any popular reports to show the previous year as it was filed.
    And especially in the TB, I can't get it to show a period for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. At the moment, if dates are locked, you can't see transactions in Find and Recode prior to that date. I often use Find and Recode to check the previous coding of contacts/accounts and in order to see them I need to unlock dates and then relock them again. It would useful if they could still be viewed despite dates being locked but perhaps those prior to the lock date are greyed out to show they can't be changed?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In the Employee section, under Employment Tab:
    Have a section/box for Award - maybe a drop down menu to choose from? There are only 122 Awards and that doesn't change.
    (as well as classification box - don't remove that)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. So we have set up and had a lot of success with email templates in Xero. it would be useful to have the ability to have a default option for each contact (or group of contacts) a specific template for a specific reason eg new invoice or AR. so that everytime we go to email an invoice for example it preloads on a certain template.

Eg we have a number of clients that only speak read German and/or french so it would be nice to be able to set these contacts to default to use our German and/or French templates…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When using pre-printed check stock, information on the voucher overlaps information on the pre-printed check. If you could change the layout of the voucher, this problem could be eliminated.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The new ability to email a bill to Xero is excellent, however, it is more often the case for me that I have the bill file as a PDF directly on hand, rather than as an email. Consequently, I can't actually use the feature!

Please allow the feature to be used by dropping the file into the Xero bills interface.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to remove the nominal accounts from a budget or show only selection of nominal accounts on a budget report. This would be useful so we can send budget owners a reports which shows only the budget lines that they are interested in and keeps actuals and forecasts in other nominal codes confidential.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Not a major one but I feel the whole online site needs a facelift.
    Information is not given in an easy to process way and this can make navigating the program more complicated than it seems to be.

I recently transferred over from MYOB and where I feel the general program of Xero is better for ease of reconciling etc. some tasks can feel super overcomplicated and difficult to carry out due to poor layout and outdated visuals. This is something MYOB seem to have done well, Xero seems clunky and outdated in comparison, whilst having all the programming and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When looking at the Pay Run / Pay Run History page, please add number of employees in each pay run to the overview. We report on this each pay period and would make more sense to be shown here then having to click into the pay run or

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When using the Leave Paid out on Termination feature in xero, the paid out leave is recorded in the Holiday Leave Accrual category. This means we are unable to run a report showing the value of unused entitlements paid out on Termination. This is important information for Workcover Reconciliations etc. Please set up a report for Unused Leave Paid out on Termination.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  4 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?