For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

215 results found

1. Ability to post to individual projects from journals.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Instead of asking a practice manager administrative to give you access, you can search clients already with your practice, and request access through Xero.

This would save time of the person requesting, and also save time for the administrative person having to key in details as they will hopefully just be able to accept or decline the request.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We would like to upload our own Engagement/Disengagement Letters/Privacy Notice, etc into HQ, is this something that would be useful for other Accountants/Bookkeepers? Are there plans to be able to do this in the future?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There is no option to export a group of clients appearing on the screen. We have different managers managing different groups of xero clients and they need to see this rather than export the whole client list and having to sort on excel

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When uploading a set of annual accounts to Xero Sign, the only option available is to add a signature field.

For company and trust annual accounts, we typically also include a minute and sometimes other resolutions (created from a Xero report pack). It would be great to able to insert a date field in the minute, like you can with other e-signing platforms.

The current workaround is to use another e-signing service to send the annual accounts, and use Xero Sign for the tax returns - which adds confusion for our clients and we're often having to chase them up…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Is there an easy way to create/run reports tailored specifically for charities or is it just me that I am finding it difficult to find ? I've got the charity set up as a non-for-profit organisation which doesn't seem to make much difference at all.
    It's disappointed to see Xero doesn't have any reports templates for charities.
    Executive report cannot be overtype as needed - It's not possible to change "Profit (Loss)" line within profitability to Surplus/Deficit.

Regarding Current Year Earnings, it isn't currently possible to rename this to current year funds, or to code manual journals from this to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  4 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. No option to select 'File MTD VAT Return' in bulk for clients when setting up a new staff member in Xero HQ. After assigning the clients in bulk for a new staff member you have to then go into each client individually to give this permission.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  4 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi can you please add in a function to the adviser reports that allows the users to enter in dynamic ranges, such as current date but can also be extended to other fields. As I do not want to be pulling in a new template each time this error occurs, I would like to just amend the pages by inserting the new date reference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The option to set the practice name as the sender for a query and not the Xero user. E.g. "Xero Accounting Group via Xero" and not "John Smith via Xero".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently all Xero advisor certifications expire in December which is a really busy time for accountants in the UK and it's nearly impossible to get everyone to recertify at this time.

I think it would be welcomed by all accountants if this could be moved to our quieter season in February/March and I think as a result a lot more people would recertify.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I want to restore an archived client in Xero HQ and can change the list from Practice Clients to Archived but when I enter the client name in the search box it returns only practice clients.

It appears the only way to find the client to restore it is to go the bottom of the archived clients list and click on "Show more clients" repeatedly until the client shows - quite a laborious process if the client is towards the end of the alphabet!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When using the conversion toolbox import template to upload invoices and bills into Xero, it does not give me the option to map the Reference to the correct field. Instead, I have to go into each one afterwards and edit it to include the reference.

There is a column in the import sheet for a Reference so I'm not sure why it won't map it to the correct field. It would be great if this could be fixed to cut down all the manual work we would have to do after uploading the invoices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. allow quantities to be added direclty to the ledger and then to feed into reporting templates. manualy entered reporting data is fraught with danger and history is lost from year to year, which means we are replugging data every year...current "semi-automated" practice doesnt seem to fit with xero ethos

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  7 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently once the document pack is sent you can't see the message that you have sent the client. It would be good to be able to see what you have told them- especially if you are providing them with additional information but you don't want to have to do a separate email.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If a staff member leaves, you would usually delete them as a user. That causes issues, however, if they have set up recurring invoices. These will be left as draft and will not be sent. It would be useful if you could keepa staff member but remove the access so that they can't log in themselves anymore, almost making them inactive?
    It is not as simple as resetting their password because of the 2 step authentication.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My Xero - Managing staff access to clients

I suppose we have a large-ish accountancy - in My Xero I get a full list of all clients I get access to; that's 25 pages of clients at 50 clients per page. I see all clients irrespective of whether the subscriber is internal (within our accountancy) or external (the client).

We need to add a new admin staff member and give them “Manage users” + “Payroll admin” to all entities. In My Xero, I drill down into the Staff list, click on the new user and it says I have access…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have the ability to bulk remove users. We have just taken over 6 Xero accounts and the previous advisor has 100+ staff members that need to be removed from each account, it's going to take me forever to do this individually.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Xero Sign - It would be great if there was an indicator to let us know that one or more clients within the one document pack have signed the documents. (if it is sent to multiple people) We only get notified once everyone signed.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate feedback on our recent update - We've slightly updated the title of this idea to reflect a desire for email notification.  

Just to note for anyone coming across the idea - within the document pack details you can view how many people have signed the document, including who signed. See our example of what this looks like  🙂

19. Currently when a staff member leaves we can remove their access on the clients we subscribe to Xero but can't remove access where the client subscribes directly and has invited them in.

For security purposes, it would be good if the practice admin could easily run a report on the leaver showing all the clients they have access to. You can do this on screen however we want the client managers to get in touch with their relevant clients as they have the relationship.

I recently had a staff leaver with c100 clients I couldn't remove access to myself and…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, coming back across the idea here we wanted to clarify existing behaviour.

When you remove a staff member from HQ this automatically removes all org access, as long as those orgs are linked to client records, and as long as the client records are active (not archived) - Meaning you don't need to manually remove access to each org one by one.

The few cases where you would need to manually remove one by one would be if a client is archived or an org is not linked to a client record at the time of staff removal.

We intend to improve this experience and provide better visibility of staff access in the longer term, so when there is more progress on this I'll return to update you here.

20. It would be great if we had the ability to create our own groups within the staff screen in Xero HQ. At the moment we have filters for standard, administrator, master administrator and then also staff that have been invited but not yet accepted.

It would be useful if we could create our own custom staff groups. For example by office location: London, Glasgow, Manchester etc. or by function within the business: Accounts, Audit, Tax etc.

Staff could belong to different groups as well, Glasgow and Audit or London and Tax.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?