For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

203 results found

1. allow quantities to be added direclty to the ledger and then to feed into reporting templates. manualy entered reporting data is fraught with danger and history is lost from year to year, which means we are replugging data every year...current "semi-automated" practice doesnt seem to fit with xero ethos

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

·  7 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently once the document pack is sent you can't see the message that you have sent the client. It would be good to be able to see what you have told them- especially if you are providing them with additional information but you don't want to have to do a separate email.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If a staff member leaves, you would usually delete them as a user. That causes issues, however, if they have set up recurring invoices. These will be left as draft and will not be sent. It would be useful if you could keepa staff member but remove the access so that they can't log in themselves anymore, almost making them inactive?
    It is not as simple as resetting their password because of the 2 step authentication.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. My Xero - Managing staff access to clients

I suppose we have a large-ish accountancy - in My Xero I get a full list of all clients I get access to; that's 25 pages of clients at 50 clients per page. I see all clients irrespective of whether the subscriber is internal (within our accountancy) or external (the client).

We need to add a new admin staff member and give them “Manage users” + “Payroll admin” to all entities. In My Xero, I drill down into the Staff list, click on the new user and it says I have access…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have the ability to bulk remove users. We have just taken over 6 Xero accounts and the previous advisor has 100+ staff members that need to be removed from each account, it's going to take me forever to do this individually.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Xero Sign - It would be great if there was an indicator to let us know that one or more clients within the one document pack have signed the documents. (if it is sent to multiple people) We only get notified once everyone signed.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate feedback on our recent update - We've slightly updated the title of this idea to reflect a desire for email notification.  

Just to note for anyone coming across the idea - within the document pack details you can view how many people have signed the document, including who signed. See our example of what this looks like  🙂

7. Currently when a staff member leaves we can remove their access on the clients we subscribe to Xero but can't remove access where the client subscribes directly and has invited them in.

For security purposes, it would be good if the practice admin could easily run a report on the leaver showing all the clients they have access to. You can do this on screen however we want the client managers to get in touch with their relevant clients as they have the relationship.

I recently had a staff leaver with c100 clients I couldn't remove access to myself and…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  7 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be great if we had the ability to create our own groups within the staff screen in Xero HQ. At the moment we have filters for standard, administrator, master administrator and then also staff that have been invited but not yet accepted.

It would be useful if we could create our own custom staff groups. For example by office location: London, Glasgow, Manchester etc. or by function within the business: Accounts, Audit, Tax etc.

Staff could belong to different groups as well, Glasgow and Audit or London and Tax.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be really helpful if I was able to produce a report showing our clients Xero Subscription and a change history showing a clients subscription has been changed from what to what and when the change took place.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Client access to Report Templates
    In Xero HQ as a partner we have the ability to create report packages however it is only for use within our practice, it would be really helpful if we had the option to share these with our clients.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Update New Zealand trust financial reporting templates to comply with the Tax Administration (Financial Statement - Domestic Trusts) Order 2022 as set out in Inland Revenue's Operational Statement OS 22/02, including removing reference to repealed Trustees Act 1956 and replacing with Trusts Act 2019.
    Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for raising, Andrea. 

Our Partner Consultants and Account Managers work closely with our Reporting team on compliance requirements. 

While it is good to get a sense of the interest on the thread here - If not already we'd also recommend raising this with your Partner Consultant or Account Manager so they're aware of your needs in this, too. 🙂

12. We use client codes for all our clients. There is an option to input this into the client record, but it would be good to be able to see that on the screen and sort by it, rather than just alphabetical list of clients.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  5 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have a master overview of Xero accounts from different offices.
    The offices administrators staff level can only see their own Xero clients unless added to the master overall practice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. With the updates happening around Xero HQ, it would be a great time to be able to provide additional search functions on the Practice Client list. At a minimum, being able to sort by "Unreconciled Items" would be very helpful.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In the bank account tab it would be good to have a tick box where you can select the accounts you want in your report. I have some client with 6 or more different bank accounts. If I only have two with un-coded transactions, being able to tick those two and then run the report would be practical and easier for my clients to follow.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Current: Signatory name and email address for Document Packs are manually typed in (once per pack).

Issue: Manual input is repetitive, error prone, and requires switching tabs.

Request: These details usually exist in Xero HQ already, so I'd like to be able to select my signatory from this list.

Potential future features enabled by this:
    When a signatory is selected this way, other signatories could be pre-populated in the one-click right-bar based on whether they've been in the same group of signatories in a previous Document Pack.
    History of Document Packs attributed to each Xero HQ record.
    Document pack creation…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Document Packs - User permissions

The ability to lock down who can prepare doc packs vs who can send them. ie. We want admin to prepare but Director to send. Suggest view / prepare / send.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Documents Pack - When you have multiple people signing a document, it can be specified the order of the people signing the documents.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Xero should be having a feature Statistical GL where one can enter statistical information or numbers which are vital for analyzing business trends.
    For example, If I am maintaining books of a restaurant and I want to record daily covers (footfall or number of customers) which can help me analyze revenue per cover, spend etc.
    There should an option to create some designated ledgers to input and maintain these statistical information which does not affect any financial statements but can be used for business performance analysis.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Xero Sign: Add Template for sending packs and Add a text box option for documents within a document pack:

Is there any way to set up an 'Email Template' message for when we send out our packs? I can't find anywhere to do this is xero or Xero HQ or Ask. We would like to set up a standardised message for your annual accounts...

Is there a way to enter a 'text' field into a document as well as a signature?
    We send out some authority forms to clients that needs them to add their bank a/c details & a/c…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for your support in the idea here. Reading over there are 2 separate requests in the one thread

• Ability to create a default email template for sending document packs 
    • A text box on single documents in a pack 

We have another idea that's been started around the default email template across here and I invite all those interested to add their votes. 

For the thread here I've updated the title slightly for the Text box on individual documents so we can track the interest in each of these separately. 

• Don't see your idea?