For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

429 results found

1. On the timesheet entry page, allow users to type keywords in the "Job" section and show search results.
    At present you have to click the dropdown, which lists all open jobs, and then find the job you are working on.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We want staff to be able to view customer statements but not have access to our firm's bank account.

Currently this is not possible when editing the user permissions.

We have always used a QuickBooks desktop where this has been possible.

If one of the partners is no in the office, the staff cannot access a customer balance, and we do not want to provide them access to view the firm's bank account.

We hope this is rectified soon.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be great to be able to set a cost to automatically repeat within XPM. For example a subscription cost to be applied against an annual job on a monthly basis.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. XPM Billing - Ability to bill more than the WIP without WIP write-on.

If XPM allows carrying credits forward for future use against more work in the future, similar to other traditional practice management software, that would be great. For example, Once we completed the job, we sent out the work with our invoice. If we can carry credits of an hour or two for clients to review the work, discuss and send back the signed copy, lodged & sent assessment etc. This additional time can be offset against the credits that we billed more than the WIP so we…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There needs to be functionality to have multiple trusts or superfunds with the same name i.e. Smith Family Trust or Brown Family Superannuation Fund, as ATO does no require these to be unique, without causing issue with invoices in Blue Xero or having to change the name in XPM to differentiate and have to change the name again each time you lodge. Same name trusts and superfunds is not uncommon.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have just learned that XPM does not connect to Outlook and thus Client data is not synced. I thought this would be the most important information to sync with outlook, Afterall clients are who accountants communicate with most.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Build in the ask functionality in XPM and link it to a query

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Some sort of link for each partner so we can have clients sign up with us directly from our website. Alot of my clients sign up for all my services from a link on a website. This would be very beneficial in my opinion. See this one for example with zoho books.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How can I make the client and detail columns wider. It is very restrictive as I cant fully see the client code and description. I know this is a Xero development issue but it would help a lot. It is really convenient to bill from this screen. Also I arrange the clients alphabetically, and when going into a client and see what to bill, when i go back to the WIP list it defaults back to sorting by value.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Recurring job screen in XPM is too narrow. Can't see all of the job name or full dates. Would be good to fill the screen to allow more information to be visible rather than having to click in to each job.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Regarding XPM > BUSINESS > SETTINGS > IMPORT

can you make the function similar to blue xero bank feed import? Namely,
    - in blue xero, it gives you a preview of what the import file will look like on the bank account before clicking import?

• one time i mixed up the job name with the client name field. and instead of warning or coming up with the error, it just created new clients upon import. I had to delete so many incorrect clients created from that job import
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1/ we want a green xero report showing
    - relationship (director of, partner of, etc)
    - green xero tax refund/payable
    - noa refund/payable
    - noa received or not
    (CX0015092225)

2/ we want to open the tax return form itself in the green xero custom reports. So far you can only open the client profile. (CX0015076350)

3/ can you make all date columns in dd/mm/yyyy format instead of having to export to csv to achieve this? (CX0015075617)

4/ can you have a column to show client's bank account details on xpm profile, and client's bank account details disclosed in the tax…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Christopher, few ideas rolled up in the one here. We ask that each idea be separate on the product ideas forum so others in the community know exactly what they're voting for and we can share with the correct product teams, and keep you updated on any progress on the site. 

Also appreciate you referencing your case numbers with Xero Support however they don't really help others in the community. 

For your idea on adding more fields to the report - we have another here that you may like to also join and vote on. 

I'll update your idea here to reflect your second request for being able to open a clients tax return form within Practice Manager. 

I welcome you to create individual posts for your other 2 ideas here also. 

13. XPM job financial summary is available from the job screen and financial tab, under "print financial summary". As currently prepared the financial summary does not report actual invoices and total amount invoiced, in addition the report does not include the profitability measures for rate per hour and recovery percentage. This would be useful to have these calculated and presented at the top of the report.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In tracking summary we can compare revenue and cost if we are using the tracking category as a cost center for any EPC work. Right now there is no option in xero for this reporting.

In the attached file we have details of cost of sales but no revenue details for the specific job. We can add a column or give a option in the layout edit to add the ledger or group in column to compare.

It would be helpful to track the revenue and cost of a project with this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 90% of the time when I want to move a timesheet entry it is to a different job for the same client and probably 99% of the time it is to a job for a client in the same group.

However the "To" list that pops up is for all clients and when you type the first few letters of the client name it appears on the bottom line of the screen so you still usually have to scroll down to find the correct job.

Is it possible to make all the jobs in the "From" client's group appear first…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We are in the process of checking all Client details in XPM to ensure they are all complete and up to date. One of the checks that we were doing was to ensure that we had the NZBN numbers of clients recorded. However this appears to be the only client field that you are unable to select when creating a custom report!
    Xero's response to my query was "you may like to add this in as a custom field and input in the NZBN in the custom field section for the clients which will then pull into the report" -…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide an option under the client group to bill wip that's under multiple clients in the group with one invoice.

At the moment it appears this can only be done under Invoices in the Business menu. Under the client group itself, while an invoice can be created for multiple jobs for one client, you can't create a single invoice to bill wip that's under multiple clients in the group.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Under Business Menu/Timesheets - it lists all staff weekly summary. It would be great if we could have a filter in this screen to be able to choose teams etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide the ability to schedule requesting on a daily basis the EFT Reconciliation reports in XPM, currently being a manual request locked behind Business settings permissions.
    Provide also the resulting reports in either a Custom Reports area or standard reports so admin staff without the Business Settings permissions can view the ATO EFT reconciliation reports, filtered by date and Tax Agent Number. Possibly add a permission to view these reports as a separate permission.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When you view a contact, and are on the activity view page, it would be great if the each line said what account the activity has been posted against. This way you could see all accounts impacted at once, and not have to click on each individual line item to see what account it is impacting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?