Permissions - Sales + manage payment services permission
Give all users that create invoices the ability to manage card payments. I believe only higher users can do this and users that only have access to sales cannot change this. We currently request payment by bank transfer to keep the cost of card payments down, but we do have card payments available, so we'd like to be able to send the invoice without and add if requested.
Hi Helen, currently the ability to manage payment services are limited to the Adviser and Standard user roles.
Appreciate the reason you've shared on opening this up. While there is a level of security needed to protect the business, this may be something we could consider at an incremental control level longer term.
It's not in the plans atm but we'll keep a close watch on the support for this. I'll let you know here if there are any updates.
-
Gustavo Cesco Miozzo
commented
+1. As the external bookkeeper, I just had this exact issue. Our AR employee has a user with Sales-only access, couldn't enable card payments on an invoice, so I had to log in and do it myself. That was avoidable rework for a routine AR task.
A separate "manage payment services" permission that can be added to Invoice-only roles would solve it without giving full Standard access.