Xero Tax (UK) | CiC
Please can we have the ability to submit accounts and CT returns for CiC companies - this is the only thing that is preventing me from switching to Xero for all my submission needs.
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this idea about supporting the submission of micro-entity accounts for Community Interest Companies. We understand how useful it would be for CICs to prepare their micro-entity accounts and required CIC34 report in Xero, with a supported submission route to Companies House. We’ll start to get a gauge of the support for this from your idea, here. Feel free to share your idea with colleagues that’d also like to see this so they can add their support too, and share how this would help with your filing workflows. ✨
-
Julie Bass
commented
This needs to be added urgently, we want to just use one software provider not multiple!
-
Anwar Adam
commented
Please can this be added urgently, its hard to understand why has it been over 3 years since this post and we still do not have this functionality.
-
Cathy Betoin
commented
Please support submission of microentity accounts for CIC
-
Linda Birch
commented
being able to submit CiC accounts to HMRC and Companies House directly though Xero so we do not need software for different clients.
-
Jeremy Hague
commented
Me too, while i only have a few CIC's the lack on this feature is stopping my firms migration to Xero Tax.
-
Joanna Mainwaring
commented
100% agree. It's also becoming mandatory from Companies House to file electronically. When does Xero intend to include this functionality?
-
Abi Aiyegbayo
commented
I concur, this is absolutely critical. I would like to be a Xero only practice but cannot as my clients' needs cannot currently be met.
TaxCalc already provide this and have recently launched their Charities accounts production module too, feels like a no-brainer for a practice like mine that only works with Charities and CICs -
John Sadler
commented
This is almost laughable. It's also becoming mandatory from Companies House to file electronically. We will need to move to TaxCalc.
-
Joanna Mainwaring
commented
100% agree. I will have to move away from Xero for one of my clients from 2026 if I cannot file CIC accounts through the Govt software or Xero. This will also mean that I will likely take all of my other clients to a different software provider too because I don't want to be operating across multiple accounting software providers.
-
Kate Darton
commented
Hi. I have a few CIC clients and from 2027 it will no longer be possible to file the CIC accounts using the Govt software, as it is being withdrawn. The filings will need to be done via commercial software. One of my CIC clients does use Xero for their bookkeeping. If it is not going to be possible to file using Xero by 2027, they will move to a different accounting provider, that can meet all their needs. It would be great if Xero could update the software to enable the CIC filings to be made
-
Joanna Mainwaring
commented
The fact that Xero does not have this funcitonality is very limiting.
-
Anne Sievewright
commented
I'm the same as Gavin - I have a company that became a CIC after the year end so I can't file 'normal' accounts...frustrating!
-
Catherine Roberts
commented
I would strongly support this - it can't be difficult to implement and with the March 2026 changes to Gov Gateway coming up, it would allow me to take on CIC clients who are anxiously approaching me for filing solutions.
-
Gavin Thomas
commented
Please add this feature. I've also been unable to submit accounts due to this issue, even though the company I am submitting for only became a CIC after the period I am attempting to file for, which is somewhat frustrating...
-
Angie Anderson
commented
Is this available yet?
-
Tape UK
commented
I strongly support this, xero should have this ability to submit CIC companies accounts and CIC34 report together.
I dont know whether we can submit CT600 through xero but I will try this as I have one CIC company to file
And this should be done very quickly, xero already have everything in place, the only CIC34 report should be included into Unaudited Financial Statements layouts.
Hope we'll receive a quick response
Thanks