Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1395 results found

1. Most our clients require Delivery Order. The current packing slip does not cover the clients company requirement.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We would like to know which invoices or contacts are not set up to collect payments via Direct Debit from GoCardless, so we can proactively target them to move to Direct Debit. Whilst Xero knows this information, they've confirmed there's no way to report on it and it will be very helpful to have

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Xero Projects - Group estimated expenses
    It would be helpful to be able to set up categories to group together estimated expenses. For projects with lots of different expenses but of a similiar type it would be useful to be able to group these to more quickly see the various costs of a project. For example, to separate out administrative costs from material costs at a glance, so there would be a 'category' into which we could put tasks, estimated expenses and expenses to distinguish from other major costs while still tracking individual costs against the specific estimate.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can you please add a missing tax invoice declaration form option in the expense app that aligns with ATO requirements so that I can complete within the expense app rather than completing a form outside of Xero and attaching it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When editing a paid bill, for example, changing the VAT rate, where you have to Remove the Payment first before editing line items, could there be a function to Remove all Payments rather than one by one clicking remove and re-do.

We often have bills paid in installments, or electricity bills paid by Direct Debit, so we have to remove 10 payments one by one in order to make any changes to the original bill.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Using Inventory Items and invoicing between companies in a group which have identical Item numbers, can the item numbers be brought in / read at the receiving end?

Currently the bill is entered without the items and does not have any affect on the inventory. All the lines on the bills need to be re entered when the item is populated in the bill.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently you can add a bill / invoice without adding a invoice number or just typing a word or anything - example our debtors lady invoiced (Receivable invoice) a client and overwrited the invoice number (reference) to "Diesel R/Bay" so the invoice had no invoice number

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For retail Shops Sales.
    To put in Daily Sales. Of each stores. As there no function for that in Xero. Only can key in As Invoice

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Similar to the ability to email bills into Xero, can we get the ability to email in invoices into Xero please?

Bill email notes
    https://central.xero.com/s/article/Email-PDF-bills-into-your-Xero-organisation

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Very very occasionally, sending an e-invoice will fail. When this happens, currently the only way to find out is to follow up with the client about their unpaid invoice, find out they never received it, go into the individual invoice and look at the history. An alert would be very useful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In projects it would be most useful we there were more user permission options. A check box of permissions you could give all staff
    1- only have staff see the projects they are assigned to - To give staff privacy on work hours and expenses.
    2- give all staff regardless of their permission access to expenses
    3- give or withhold what financial information they can and can not see
    4- give or limit the options for invoices/quotes

Blanket permissions don't work.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I reconcile a transaction in my bank account I can enter a "Why". I.e. Gas for Youth Hostel. So when I have multiple transactions to the same customer, under the same Chart of Account I can differentiate them.

However, this data entry can not be pulled into a report. This is really hampering my ability to differentiate my transactions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stephen, is there a specific report you've been running to try include this data? 

When creating a transaction during bank rec, the 'why' is saved as the description of the transaction. You should be able to  run the Account Transactions report to view this detail in the Account you've coded payment too. Let me know how you get on. 🙂

13. On the new bills screen you're now unable to open other areas (awaiting payment/draft etc) in a second tab without first opening the purchases overview window in a new tab.

On the old bills screen you could either middle click or ctrl+click the options at the top of the list to do this and it was rather useful.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. What I want to show in the batch payment summary is the transaction date.
    For example, I used my personal money to buy sth on 1st June & 10th June. Then I submit "expense claims" on these two days. And when accountant batch the payment for my claims, I want to show the transaction date (1st June & 10th June) on the batch PDF, just as shown in my attached image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Xero should not allow employees to submit Expenses for locked periods. It must have a Posting Date & Document Date to facilitate this. The document date should always be what's on the invoice/receipt

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The ability for the expenses claimant to process a negative claim where they have purchased something using their company card and subsequently received a credit for part or all of the original payment amount e.g. over charge or returned goods.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In the Files area, there are some that you do not know of until you opened them, and upon seeing them, it's not needed for the business. You have to close the file, either select the checkbox then delete, or the option button on the right to delete. Can you add a Delete function upon opening the file so we don't have to click close just to delete unwanted files? Thank you!.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Xero app should have the option to slide up or down line items in quote & invoice

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The inability to attach credit notes from a batch is becoming increasingly problematic. To clarify: multiple credit notes sent from suppliers under 1 PDF - there isn't the capability to transfer these into a separate folder and then attach each PDF multiple times when creating a credit note from a supplier. As soon as it is attached once it disappears! I have had multiple occasions where there are numerous credits in one PDF and am having to write all but one down in longhand so I can then create the Credits. There is not the function to attach these to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please consider adding repeating bills to the Bills dashboard widget (under e.g. draft, awaiting payment, overdue) and add a summary of upcoming repeating bills to the chart summary within the widget. Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Lauren, in the way Xero works a bill is only generated/created from a repeat template based on the date that aligns with the frequency of the template. 

Once a bill has been generated from the template it will then be visible in the relevant tab of the bills list (depending on the status set in the template) 

You may have heard of Xero analytics, which includes  Short term cashflows and we have an idea to include repeat transactions in this represented across here that I can merge your idea with if you feel also represents what you're in need of? 

• Don't see your idea?