For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1396 results found

1. Hi

Client is wondering whether there is a way to split bills in the cash flow prediction to show half the bill being paid on this day and the remainder on another day. Currently you can tell it that we estimate to pay the bill in full on this day but can't see an option to split the bill.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 'Pay Now' shouldn't be displayed on invoices where the customer already has a DD in place as it is confusing, could lead to duplicate payments and cause them to contact us to query whether there is a problem with their DD when they don't need to. Xero say this is because xero can't differentiate customers who already have a DD in place, but they can - there is a flag and this is visible in settings and therefore must be available to developers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I request xero development team to edit the billable expense feature or create a new feature. Currently for billable expense to be invoiced to customer, first we need to enter the billable expense and than later invoice to customer. However, in our case, we first send the customer a tax invoice to collect advance from customer and than make spending for the expenses on behalf of customer. However, in this case we can not make sure or link within xero what was invoiced to customer and how much was spent against that invoice. I mean if we the invoice for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The ability to notify (possibly by email) a user when they have been assigned to a project so they are aware they can start working on that project.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In the Aged Payable detail reports: Show a column of paid bills and Credits listed by month by month. This is the functionality form the old aged payables report that I want added to the new reports.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the new bills to pay draft screen even though I search for a particular supplier or filter alphabetically so I can find a certain supplier when I go into the first one and approve & view next instead of giving me the next one of that supplier (the filter I have on) it goes to the next date. I need to approve a lot of invoices and it is much quicker to do by supplier and be able to go straight to the next one. I could do this in the old bills to pay drafts but can't in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to update and amend or assist as a user the cash flow prediction analytics function. Currently the cashflow analysis prediction function doesn't pick up a number of our regularly occurring expense invoices and sales invoices (also sometimes it has them coded as monthly rather than fortnightly etc). Result is that for us the cashflow analytics is very inaccurate and then not usable and as user we are unable to amend or update. But think it could be a good tool if we could work with it somehow to update the AI and predictions

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When developing a quote via Projects, we can add in an estimated cost and then enter a margin to give an estimated expense. However we cannot then retrospectively see what the original supplier cost is and therefore profit expected. Neither does it offer a field to enter who the supplier is. The Project financial reports have a header to show 'estimated cost' but it does not populate this field. The only time a cost is shown is if it is entered as an actual expense.

Ideally we would want to see estimated costs, the margin added and the supplier during…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi all!

I'm a one man band IT business, and I've just started being put on retainer by a company which is great, however I'm finding accounting for the retainer to be a bit burdensome.

Currently, my plan is it add the retainer's ammount as a credit note at the beginning of the month, and then somehow nullify any remaining credit at the end. However, I was wondering if it would be possible to add a way of managing retainers separately and more efficiently from credit?

Or even just having the option to add an expiry date to a credit…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great to hear how you're currently using Xero with Credit Notes to manage this process for yourself, Joseph. I've slightly amended your idea for being able to set an expiry for a credit note as it's quite unlikely that we'll look to create a completely new feature for managing retainers. 

Having a quick look at some of the other ideas raised in community, it looks like some people maybe using SimPro as a means to manage these, alternatively you could explore apps in the ecosystem that may meet your needs. 🙂

11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add Servus Credit Union to your list of Banks to create CSV files. I have multiple companies with this bank.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This was happening for a while after a recent update, but it's gone back to the way it was :( ... having to manually unselect the items after the operation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. On a multi currency company it would be better for the total amount showing due matches the balance of all bills as per the date they were raised.
    It causes confusion for clients when they pay a supplier, they usually just check total owed against the contact, if it's fluctuating to reflect exchange rates this means they may under or over pay the actual original bills.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi - could the Timer appear on other Xero pages, not just the Projects page? So when the timer is started, it stays on the screen when we move between Dashboard, Business, Accounting etc. That would be great. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Get payment link for inclusion in external email

Makes sending invoices easy if able to create a link that can be sent via email.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Project invoicing to show time in minutes/hours for time entries
    This is a requirement of many of our customers. Eg time sent 30 mins shows as 0.5 on invoice. We need a column that shows time for the task time enry. At present we need to manually type 30 mins in the task description to meet customer invoicing requirements.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There is a weird issue when entering in text in the 'Descripton' box in a Quote.

Once the text is entered if you then leave the description box and then click back into it, all the text in that field is highlighted.

This is a little problem when you want to delete one character as it deletes the whole text.

If you Control V the text back....it hasn't copied the text to put it back in.
    So, you lose all the text entered.

I understand you can click a few times to stop it highlighting the whole text.

But, it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The ability to preview notes added against a bill/invoice from the summary screens, rather than having to open each record to view them. For example a notes icon next to the existing document one, which would display the note when clicked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Xero does not show the correct balance due in expenses if a bill has been part paid

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?