Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1399 results found

1. Fix the Bill Total field to allow regular number input ability.

Specifically, allow the ability to enter .01 instead of having to enter 0.01 which is very unnatural. So, disable/remove the logic that requires the Bill Total entered to start with a number.

Use Case
    - We get numerous invoices with a $0.01 total where the product may be an allocation or new line incentive. I constantly get a Bill Total mismatch because I enter the Bill Total as .01 which results in $1.00 bill total instead of the expected $0.01 bill total.

Secondary to this primary fix - Allow…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Would be handy to have a link on the horizontal navigation bar of the purchases overview - direct to the aged payables report

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Would be useful to have the option to decline a PO request to remove it from the 'awaiting approval' tab, currently the only option you have is to delete it.

The full PO side of Xero requires an upgrade, it's useless

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I normally send invoices to the main accounts email address and the person who actually ordered the service to let them know work is completed and invoiced. This was well supported in classic invoicing with a drop down list of the previous 6 invoices enabling to easily pick the appropriate person who ordered. This feature is not available in new invoicing and it is time consuming to search email address of the ordering person and copy to new invoice email, if this feature can be reinstated will be appreciated!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Creating a summary at the bottom of a sales invoice showing the total net brokendown by vat rates to give the customer a clear view of what they are purchasing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Is it possible for the transactions created in Xero to just display "GST 8%" instead of "total 8% and GST 8%"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Quotes/Sales Overview
    Be great to search by account in addition to current fields. For those business that need to track quotes based on product or brand or account, this would allow a business to see activity and also follow up quotes from the one screen. hope that makes sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Short cut for payment date to be equal to transaction date.

For example, you have entered a bill say 20/3/2023. The client has also paid it on the day. Rather than entering 20/3/2023, would be great to just enter say "s" in the date field and uses the transaction date for the payment date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We use debit cards for our business. This means I see the transaction posted into our bank account before the individual submits their expenses. With a lot of transactions there are expenses missed and it’s painful to match up lots of transactions.
    In the account reconciliation function I would like the ability to have a draft expense created and assigned to an individual for them to complete the expense process, which is then reconciled once approves

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When exporting invoices if an invoice has multiple lines in Xero it also appears with multiple lines on the exported Excel.

Can we have some way to collate the invoice lines onto one line on the excel?

Currently when exporting a bulk amount of invoices we have to manually combine lines on the spreadsheet for the same invoice. This can take a lot of time and often lead to mistakes as manual calculation is needed to get the correct invoice amount.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you provide more detail of your reason for needing to export invoices from Xero, Balraj? 

We don't have any plans for changing the format of the export right now, however it sounds like this is a common action for you, and it'd be good to better understand the use case that we can share with the team. 

11. Xero Project Module

we are currently using Xero Project module.
    the duration of each project is around 3 years.

I need to have an interface that allows me to input the sales invoices issued, purchases & expenses related to this project in the last 2 Financial years.

I need to track the profitability of this particular project that will be a duration of over 3 years

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have clients with multiple projects and multiple contractors billing for each project. If I want to sort the cost of the contractors by contractor, to evaluate the individual profitability of each person working on the project, then I have to create an estimated expense for each contractor. Easy enough - their contracts have the maximum hours they're expected to be billing my client.

But if I forgot to assign each bill to a tracked expense before I on-bill that expense, then once the hours that the contractor has worked have been on-billed, I can't assign them to a tracked…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There used to be a feature that you could zoom into a bill that had been uploaded when putting the information into Xero ( when the bill shows at the left of the Xero page ) This has gone and now I have to keep popping bills in and out to see details. Please could it be re-instated

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Would love there to be a total qty function at the bottom of invoices

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why can't you search for project number using the magnifying option top right main screen?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When amending the email which is sent when sending an invoice, I sometimes accidentally touch the screen, causing the screen to swipe down, losing the message. If you swipe down on the email, could this not be saved as a draft with the draft invoice, so I don’t have to start again?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Xero Projects Reporting - fixed charges to be included in Charge Amount column

We use Xero Projects in our accounting practice to track time / costs for client billing. We have some clients who are on fixed monthly charges (e.g. $1,000 per month). When viewing the Xero Projects reports to track performance for the month so far, the fixed charges do not appear in the Charge Amount column. It would be beneficial if the fixed charges appears in the Charge Amount column, given they will be charged.

This allows us to forecast profit for the month more effectively. If we…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Invoice reminders do not work when generating invoices in a third party app that pushes the invoices across to Xero.

This is unhelpful when the integration is otherwise seamless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Would like to be able to have adjustable columns on an invoice that I can change what they fill with. Right now an Invoice only has Item as a field. I would like to be able to change from Item to Account. That way I can have one payer and list several clients in the invoice without typing them all in. For instance, if a field was labeled Client Account # or something then I could set up the list with my clients or pull them up from contacts, and just select the clients account number, it would prefill a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Laura, hen you say you'd have one payer - would this be a customer or someone internal in your organisation? 

It still sounds like untracked inventory could work here - for example each 'client' would be set up as an  untracked item, you could select clients using the Item column of the invoice and this would auto populate pre saved data such as the account number which could be referenced in the description column, and monthly service for the account. 

20. My role as a user is to load my credit card receipts into Purchases/Add Bill. On the template screen I would like to be able to have a "favorite's list" when selecting the "Categorise to an account". Also, all my expenses are to the same Department so it would be great if I could set a default, same with "Select tax rate". Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?