Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1395 results found

1. I'm an accountant and having advised our clients to adopt using Xero they often come to me with questions. It would be really useful if advisers could view the expenses and projects tabs even if we are are not subscribed to use them so we can help the client with issues.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When I'm posting a payment to a vendor, and I choose a bank account to fund the payment, the accounts look like they're displayed in the order in which I created them. But the checking account I use most often is also my newest account and, therefore, is always displayed at the bottom of the list.

Two potential solutions:

• Allow us to choose the order in which the accounts are displayed. (This is my preferred solution)

• Sort the list alphanumerically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. i would like the option of more than 50 photos as i run a repair and maintenance business and regularly require to send 150 or so photos (before and after) for either bond or insurance jobs this is required for the claims and they prefer them attached to the invoice and quotes at this stage its very hard as have to do multiple separate emails that can get split and can affect payment of invoices. it very messy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the understanding behind your business needs here, Kevin. Would say this is quite a niche idea and something we'd want to see a fair amount of support for. 

Perhaps for now, would it be possible to put all photos associated to a quote or invoice into one document and upload as one? 

4. When creating a customer record, we complete the sales defaults, as different customers have different requirements. However, when raising a quote within Projects, the sales defaults for the associated customer do not populate the relevant fields within the quote.

We are in the UK and have some customers who are CIS and VAT registered, and require a specific sales account, VAT treatment, and we use a particular sales invoice layout. All of these things can be specified in the default settings for the customer. However, when creating a quote for those customers, through Projects, the customer defaults do not get…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We deal with a lot of cash invoicing. (Ebay/web etc)
    We create an invoice and then mark it as paid straight away.
    Then print it , then email it to the customer.

Once the invoice is paid, please can you leave it on the invoice screen instead of closing it down and taking it back to Business Invoices section.

We have to click on it again to open it up to print it and email it. Should be an easy fix in Classic invoicing.

I do not use the "new invoicing" screen as it is not set up for manually…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When creating an invoice using mobile app being able to change a customers payment preference on an invoice through the mobile app not waiting for main computer or laptop instead of automatically being set to direct debit which for one off customers or short term contracts which differ in each payment is not applicable using a mobile. Normally everyone carries their mobile not always a laptop! It would be nice if the mobile app was in sync

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi, Is it at all possible on the Product and Service where we create codes for the invoices, that under Purchase and Sell there is an option to add another line. By this I mean there are time when I create an invoice to a client under the same heading i want to have a line that show the price, the sales account and vat at 20%. Then another line to state a filing fee is zero rated. etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI Karen, trying to better understand your idea here - would you expect this additional line to be visible to the customer on the invoice? If so you could simply enter this in the description field of the new line. If it's a process you see yourself often using you could save this as a new 'untracked' item where the price would be $0. 

8. Support for fixed taxes such as the Colorado Retail Delivery Fee Tax of $0.27

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Rather than requesting or sharing the Xero Network key, if we receive an invoice from a supplier that is submitted through Xero .. we should have an option to add the supplier for eInvoicing with a clickable button "Add supplier for eInvoicing in future" .... this way, as a customer, I am in control and opt-in myself rather than administrative burden of requesting / sharing network keys

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How about e-signing BAS'/ITR via the Phone App, at the moment we send out these docs from Practice Manager for esigning via another login but if it could be sent to the app, it would assist small business people who could approve and sign these docs more easily

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When I post an expense through to a project, for some reason it limits it to 100 characters, which pretty much makes it un-useable for me.
    This is annoying, as I was just thinking how handy the projects app is, but now all the "projects" I've set up are basically a waste of time as I need the extra detail on my invoices.
    Please can you change this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A client needs a further option on a bill. Equipment Hire / Plant Hire can be in hours/days/weeks

Another example is gloves - per pair or per pack

If this already exists, please advise, so I can inform the client. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have repeating invoices repeat for a number of cycles rather than a specific end date. So send out 10 monthly invoices not having to work out when the 10th might occur.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. the feature should be available to to email a range of invoices, for all tabs whether paid or unpaid, not just one single tab

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Wendell, it'd be good to understand the needs behind your idea here. Is there a specific reason you'd like to be able to send a invoices of different status together? 

In lieu, you could look at running and exporting the Contact transaction reports to help paint a picture of your customers activity, this could then be sent to them outside of Xero. 

15. This folders would be to keep each years invoices separate for the customers that still owe from the year before

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to be able to Import a file from a spreadsheet for a bank deposit received. We currently receive 1 bank deposit which will pay 200 invoices over 10 Sales Accounts.

We currently Import a Spreadsheet file to upload our sales invoices.

I would like to be able to Import a Spreadsheet file to upload the bank deposit received for 200 plus invoices, this would save a lot of manually typing invoice numbers in when processing the Deposit in XERO.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have a function that allows Invoice Reminders to be paused over holiday periods (to prevent clients receiving invoice reminders on Christmas Day, Easter etc). Would delay the reminders sending them out after the "holiday" dates had lapsed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show credit notes as individual transactions so that they can be matched to customer remittance advices. Also allow cross referencing to original invoice if applicable. Not faff about offsetting credits to invoices before payment received

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I wonder if this is possible: After sending a sales invoice to a client there is nothing on Xero stopping me from editing it. I would like to see Xero put something in place whereby once a sales invoice is marked as sent, it should not be possible at all to edit it. If the user needs to edit it, they would need to issue a credit note and new invoice. Also, if the customer requires another copy of the sent invoice it should automatically be marked “Copy”. Is that possible?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Howard, not on an individual invoice basis, however it might be worth exploring if Lock Dates could be a good way to help prevent  changes to  

invoices that have been entered to a specific date? 

Lock dates are limited to certain roles in an org, which would help prevent users with roles outside of these from being able to make changes to transactions within the lock date range. 

20. It would be great to have a status on quotes for when you have chased a quote. We can add a date of this and details of what has happened in notes, however if it could show as chased on the first screen under status, this would make more user friendly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?