Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

246 results found

1. For the 'approve and pay' user the remittance function is limited. They should have the functionality to send remittances on a batch payment and also be able to access the remittance button at a later date. An admin member of staff needs access to the full remittance capability in order to complete their duties fully.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Every month I publish, export and share reports with certain individuals. I would like to do this within Xero. I set up users who can have "View published reports" access. When I publish a report I can then select that report and choose which of these users I wish to share it with. The user is notified, can login to Xero and is then presented with a list of published reports that have been shared with them. It keeps all the functionality native to Xero.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The History and Notes in Advanced Settings does not include the action of Emailing (or Sending) an Invoice (or any other document), yet this action appears on the individual Invoice History.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I cannot attach a credit note file to a new credit note directly from Xero Files which is frustrating, it would be really helpful to have this as an option.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We require more than 10 email templates for our organisation, due to running multiple events and each needing a different message to go out with the Sales Invoice in the email body.

Please Xero can you review this, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to change!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Understand the restriction on the current limits and appreciate your detail in how this'd help you, Kira. Is there an ideal # that'd fit for your business? 

This isn't something we have immediate plans for atm but good to know when sharing your feedback with product. 

For the time being, you'll need to apply a base template and can adjust as needed when sending individual items from Xero. 

6. Ability to have an alert in Xero when a Quote has been accepted

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Only allow people with limited access to Projects to see their own hours/project, not the total hours billed to any project. The total hours are really none of their business.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When sending tax payment letters out via email it would be great to get an email if the address used is invalid. Like a bounce-back when you send an email from your usual email program. At the moment you have no idea if the client received the tax payment letter at all.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Being able to invite users to the demo company so that we can see how the system we are setting up works.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Most of our clients (and I imagine many small businesses in the U.S.) use a hybrid reporting basis. Basically, short term assets and liabilities are recorded using the cash basis while long term assets and liabilities are recorded using the accrual basis.
    Therefore, for example, this will result in sales being recorded when cash received but depreciation and amortization expense are recorded monthly. This method of reporting also results in the accounting basis being more similar to tax basis.

Xero actually has a webpage describing this (https://www.xero.com/us/guides/cash-vs-accrual-accounting) but states "And if you run a hybrid accounting system, smart…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. To make users that have Purchase only access to be able to have Age analysis permission as well.

Purpose: To have more flexibility for giving other staff access to other parts of Xero.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be helpful to be able to add shortcut icons on the dashboard for all of the things you use every day instead of having to go through the dropdown menus. (similar to the way the old quickbooks used).

For example, have a way to put an "invoice" icon on the dashboard. Or add "spend money" on the dashboard. Basically have a way to add whatever shortcut icons you want as every business is different.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please look into the idea for Importing and Exporting exchange rate from Xero for the ease of update if default XE Rate is not used by the organisation and the export function to generate exchange rates used for the period.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. You can upload your logo and it appears on your invoices. Great. But here is an easy win, replace the initials on the Menu drop down with the company logo too? It would just be a nice touch.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add the ability to dismiss/hide the setup guide without the need to have clicked through and used all options in the guide. Some do not apply to my organization and so there is no way to get the blue setup guide button to disappear and it gets in the way of other things on the screen.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We have a UK based client who have a presentational and functional currency in USD. There is no possibility of setting up this company correctly on Xero, as Xero only lets UK organisations use the base currency on GBP to link easily to taxonomy.

It would be very helpful if this could be set up.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jonathan, when you say presentational and functional currency is USD - does the organisation pay taxes in the US? If so it would be recommended that you pick US when setting up the org. 

Alternatively, if US is one of the currencies that the org regularly deals and transacts in but pays taxes in the UK it would be recommended that you select UK and the client is on an org that includes multi-currency in it's plan. 

We appreciate customers would like to see more capability with currency in Xero - most recently we have added the ability to run the newer Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Budget Variance reports in other currencies an org uses.  

17. It's very hard to tell multiple organizations apart, particularly if they have the same initials. Currently, Xero simply displays the organizations' initials. It also assigns a random color to each organization. It would help distinguish these greatly if the organization settings allowed me to upload an avatar for each organization. Xero's Demo Company already illustrates how this feature would look. Also, it would help edit the color Xero assigns so that the color could match each organization's branding.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can we keep a track on changes to Tracking Categories

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If the Total Tax amount per invoice was available for statements, then the Statement could be used as a periodic Tax Invoice.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please fix the Account setting for the Log in to preference so that it works as advertised.
    Currently the option to log in to "The organisation I was last in" does NOT work as advertised. It will log me in to a seeminly random organisation from the list of my organisations.
    I believe that it is logging me into the "Last organisation that ANYONE was in"

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?