Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

771 results found

1. Change decimal places for hours to 4 decimal places instead of 2. When hours are imported from Tanda it shows errors, as Tanda exports to 4 decimal places for more accuracy

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have multiple 2018 bills to pay generated from the US Xero Payroll feature that I can not delete nor apply credit memos to. Those were always "locked" bills. I've been trying to void or zero out these bills for years and apparently, there is no way to actually do this. I've spent hours with customer support to no avail. Please put something in place to allow users/me to accomplish this task. My AP bills are messy and my cash basis balance sheet is messy. Journal entries are not a solution as the bills will never go away using this…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. So at present - as mentioned below it doesn't really make any sense to be logging hours for the day in the morning when staff arrives as every day could be different.

I'd really like a central point that staff can log in through - as opposed to using personal phone. it needs to be a clock in and clock out system with automatic break deduction. At the moment we use the Timestation app that the guys clock in and out with a QR code card then i have to run a report each week to manually input into timesheets...…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To simplify payroll it would be great to be able to load more than one account for the payroll batch to be processed from. We currently pay our staff from the salaries bank Account and the Manager from the Owners Bank Account. If there was the option to nominate a different debit account this would enable my payroll to be processed as a batch. Also I would like to be able to batch a transfer for PAYG Tax and Super to go from the Salaries Account to a that bank account.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. SUPER NON Regulated Super Fund Set Up - There are many Non Regulated Super funds out there and Xero only provides a list of Regulated Super Fund name to choose/ set up under payroll settings so when an employee has a NON Regulated Super Fund you can not set up or choose in the Employee card. The current work around is to Choose another Super Fund name (fraught with danger) in the Employee card then make manual payments. Making manual payments is not an issue however, choosing another Super fund name that is not correct is not an appropriate work…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Suggestions:

The Payroll /Or Payrun system can also be currency optional

Companies are becoming more international. The online office model is not limited to the workplace, and salaries will be paid in different currencies. This is probably going to be a trend.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We pay our employees under the Electrical award which includes several compulsory 'All Purpose' allowances that are now reported separately as per STP2. When our staff are paid a shift loading, these allowances need to be included in the loading. I have to manually add the allowances into each all purpose loading (which is time consuming)
    Can you please have an option to fix this in the pay items? There are certain allowances that have to be included in overtime, annual leave (which you have an option to include) but you dont have one for shift loading

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please create a deduction for payroll that can be linked to a bank account. Currently deductions can only be managed via balance sheet and/or by adding reimbursement to enable it to be transferred via EFT. Quickbooks and some other payroll software have this ability and it makes life so much easier and clearer for the emlployee too.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Export in CSV format to upload Payroll Payments to RBS Bankline to save manually entering payment details.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have a paid parental leave pay item so that a balance can be input and 'drawn down' on. The employee and the employer have clear visibility on how much time has been taken and how much is left.

Since STP PH2 compliance has come in, paid parental leave has just become an earnings pay item and not a leave pay item.

The workaround of running the Payroll Activity Summary or Transaction Listing Summary report to keep track of the earnings processed for the employee, is onerous and not available to the employee.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I want to track certain yearly expenses. I wish to put a limit to the expenses. When they reach the limit,I wish Xero can alert me. Eg Setting a limit on staff benefit per employee as $1,000. Once $1,000 is reached, a message can be sent to me.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Suggestion? Please fix the Salary Sacrifice % of Earnings to include all gross earnings, not just payroll items selected for SGC.

Currently Xero will only apply a Salary Sacrifice % amount to any payroll item that is selected for SGC. If an employee chooses to Salary Sacrifice a % of their gross earrings that may include overtime worked, a manual calculation work around is required.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Separating out pre & posttax deductions on PDF payslip. At the minute these are all displayed together.
    Would be better if Pre tax deductions where displayed under gross salary and then taxable pay calculated, before displaying post tax deductions.
    Would be easier for employees to follow.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In Australia we are required to check an employee's visa status and keep a record of such.

Additionally we have to report on this every quarter.

It would be great to add visit status to the employment record

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be able to add a message for each individual employee to tell them what their premium is for their medical insurance benefit.

The premium for each employee is different, so can't use the payslip message on a payroll run. Adding individual data to a person's payslip each month is too labour intensive.

Maybe some type of pay item without affecting their pay/tax/NI etc. It could then be added to their pay template so it appears every month.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to switch between payroll calendars for an employee with multiple roles eg Jane is on the weekly payroll for her role as studio manager. She is also paid monthly super only for her roles as a sub-contractor yoga teacher.

So far we have managed this by posting Jane's weekly pay, and then switching the payroll calender to process the super and then switching it back again. The problem is that if Jane is already in a draft weekly payrun the calendar can't be switched until the draft payrun is processed. This makes the process fiddly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Employee - Merge Function

I cannot believe that there is no merge function for duplicated employees. Most payroll systems have this function. The error occurred between integration with time and attendance software and Xero.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can we please have flexible decimal points on allowances. So overnight stays - 3 - are appearing as 3.0000 and 200 kilometres is appearing as 200.0000 kilometres. I would like to remove those decimal points?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show pay items (hours) per day on pay slip. So the employee can check hours paid on given day in the pay period and are able to easily check their pay/hours against there records. In my case employees don't have access to timesheets in Xero but even if they did would make it easier to check in one place

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Accrued Earnings Payroll item in Payroll

We need to record a Project Incentive Payment as an accrual on payslips. These accruals vary per project with some accrued hourly, daily or weekly and are paid at the end of the project.

The Accrued Earnings payment would be setup in Payroll Settings, with a running total displayed on payslips.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?