Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

240 results found

1. Love the new contact view. It makes it easier to manage the clients.
    Is is possible to be able to rename the files in Xero that is linked to a contact?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When in the contact section and viewing the activity tab, it would be useful to be able to view PDF invoice from that screen rather than click on an invoice and click the attachment tab (similar to the function in bills to pay).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Request SWIFT code field to be saved under particular contact as bank account number, so that it could auto populate in the batch payment.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If Xero or a partner organisation should encounter issues which may lead to data integrity issues, we should receive an email alert or some kind of notification.
    e.g. issues with Bank Feeds whereby there are duplicate or missing transactions. This has occurred a few times and we have only discovered, retrospectively, about the issue.

We don't use Xero each day and certainly don't visit the Status page every day, such issues may well not come to light... by the time we visit the Status page a problem is quite likely to have been resolved and the status shows as OK,…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great if we could turn automated invoice reminders on and off for contact groups, rather than needing to do it for each individial contact.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. How about an ability to filter AU, NZ or UK posts only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We use multiple Statement templates, each of them containing different stages of Credit Control progress. When sending these the Contact Notes are only updated with 'Statement', and not the Statement template name that would give historical context to a Contact on how we have progressed debt.
    Can you update the Notes to include the Statement Template name, and include an option to make further notes against that activity?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We have 1,782 “Archived Contacts” from mergers with other data following adoption of Xero Practice Management. The vast majority of these archived clients have the reference field completed with a 6 digit reference that we would like to re-use for the current clients.

Unfortunately the reference field needs to be unique and so we cannot apply this reference to the current contact until it is changed or deleted in the archived client.

Please can we have a bulk delete of the reference field for all 1782 archived clients (or add an extra digit if you cannot simply delete the reference…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Restrict the ability to create a new contact,
    or at least do a verification of a new contact by e.g. pop up window "are you sure you want to create a new contact?"

And taking it one step further - running a validation check in the current contact list and make suggestions of other current contacts that is closely alligned.
    e.g. after entering " H and M stores" a pop up can ask, did you not mean "H&M Stores" that is currently a contact?

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. To be able to see a proper transaction report of either outstanding or all transactions from the contact screen. All it gives you at the moment is a list of invoices and notes etc with no structure. If you could get a transaction history from that screen and an aged breakdown it would be really helpful, which you could download, without coming out of there and having to go to reports. It's so frustrating.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to set and track deadline dates on the dashboard for each client relating to statutory and other submissions (i.e. provisional tax / monthly management reports / tax return submissions / etc.).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi, I will be looking after the credit control activity of the organisation I recently joined. After looking at the portal, I think it would be useful to be able to create alerts for specific schools, for specific dates, reminding me I need to contact them on those days and be able to switch reminders, on or off, with the opportunity to select the dates (ex if invoice not paid by ... the reminders will switch back on automatically on on the date I set up). Do you think this functions can be implemented presuming it would be useful to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Samantha. There are a lot of different types of alerts and notifications that our customers would like to see Xero develop. 

When you mention credit control I wanted to highlight Credit limits that can be set for a contact and may be of some use to you here. 

There is also the ability to set Invoice Reminders for when invoices are overdue and you may want to set up for contacts. 

We don't have other alerts or warnings planned at this stage but will begin to get a sense of the interest for your idea here. 

13. It would be productive to see if a contact is registered for CIS/verified and their status on the contact account page - where the group info is listed.
    Otherwise the only way you can see this info is by clicking edit the contact. And include a signal/sign on the contacts page next to each CIS registered contact so that they can be identified easily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Why does the screen on each contact not show an aged breakdown at a glance like it does in Sage 50 accounts? Sometimes I only want to look at that particular supplier/customer to see what we owe them by month without having to go to the reports screen. Also why does it not list payments on account in the top part of the screen. It is so confusing to work out what is due and what isn't. Awful set up

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to import credit limits along with contact information in the normal import template, particularly when converting your accounting system to Xero.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When entering multiple contacts, it would be good to have the option to "save and create new contact" as well as the "Cancel" and "Save and Close" option after entering the information. Currently you have to press Save and Close, go back to Contacts, then select New Contact.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Changes to Xero that have not improved the program

How do I upload files from Xero Files (documents scanned to Xero etc) to my client it no longer allows this - previously you could access either Xerol Files or your own files from your drive - am I missing something ? Also you can no longer just print invoices you have to download them _ why this is a total pain - the joy of Xero was always click and print or email ??? Please put it back many thanks Kate Milne long time user and Xero fan!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please consider adding a field to the contact, to show how payment is made (BACS, DD, Proforma, Credit Card etc). This would avoid paying a supplier bill via BACS when there is already a DD arrangement set up. Likewise, for customers we can turn off statements for DD payers. You could show this on the summary screen and make it a selection field when running aged debt/credit reports.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We use another software programme which exports all our customer details and invoices etc into Xero automatically. The other programme uses Google to create addresses. A lot of the addresses include te reo, so include macrons. When the text is imported into Xero the macrons cause non-recognition of the characters, so we end up with a mess.
    Surely in this modern world, Xero, an Aotearoa, New Zealand, developed programme, can be made to recognise our indigenous (Official) language, and allow correct te reo spellings.
    This is 2022 not 1922, please allow us to get this basic NZ requirement correct. Xero…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Karin, would it be possible to get a few more examples of names that you've tried to import and not have show with macrons? 

One of our team have tested creating a contact via import with the name Whakatāne (/mækrn, me-/) and this created a contact in Xero as shown in this image. 

It'd be great to better understand and see if we can look into this a bit more. 

20. PRIMARY & SECONDARY/OTHER CONTACTS

Thanks Grace - it would be great rather than editing and reentering information if there was a field titled "Primary Contact" and Secondary Contact for eg where we could just update that field using a drop-down box as opposed to re-entering customer information. It would definitely save a lot of time. Maybe something to add in the future?

PROCESS
    I wanted to confirm that if I follow your instructions where I have 2 parties for eg Primary Contact = Grace Wife and other contact = Tom = Grace's Husband. If I wanted to make Tom =…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?