Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

71 results found

1. Most Small business owners like myself are not accountants. Getting Xero working and using the integrations with hubdoc has been lots of trial and error and frustration. It would be so much easier if as part of starting an account I had someone for the first month to get online with me who can see my screen and walk me through how to do all of the basics such as: 1. How do I correctly bring a receipt into xero through hubdoc so it matches to transactions I can reconcile? 2. How do I setup the quote system to work…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Go back to sending the monthly invoice with the notification. When you changed this so we had to log on and download the invoice it makes more work takes more time and we are less efficient. I had already emailed you about this but received no reply. Regards Arthur

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Pretty simple.

I would have thought it is easier to hold onto existing customers, rather then lose them in favour of new customers.

Xero, please look after your current customers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Current subscription payment method only allows debit/credit cards, it creates an additional step for the cardholder to claim back the fund from company every month. Therefore, I need the option to pay for the Xero subscription via auto GIRO deduction directly from company's bank account. It is more logical to have auto GIRO option since the subscription is for company use and the payment is recurring.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Leave add-ons as an option in new subscription plans

Feeling like being forced into an almost 80% increase in price for the equivalent subscription as what i have now, just to add one employee is a bit excessive. Please bring back add-ons!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I recently encountered and failed a question about user invitation, which I have used many times without problem. Quite why the learning organisation has increasingly focused on sequence recall rather than book-keeping, is something of a mystery. Good software should be intuitive where there is no need to remember the exact order of clicking presented options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. After the hundreds of complaints about brute forcing people into plans they don't really need and reducing the options for users. I think it makes sense to introduce a new plan and pricing structure, which offers people the core basic functionality that it seems lots of subscribers use.

This plan could reward subscribers of more than say - two, three, four (or whatever) years with maybe a product called 'Xero Staple' (think of a fun, pun around a digital accounting platform that doesn't use staples), you could do wonders to retain your existing frustrated users who feel like a punching…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Businesses based in Jersey (Channel Islands) are treated as Global Customers and so charged in USD.

As part of the British Isles I'd suggest we should be treated better within the UK bracket and be charged in GBP. Or be able to chose the currency of billing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A really simple idea. Xero customers Have received multiple pricing increases over the last 12 months, but Xero is now offering significant price savings to new customers. If you feel forced to increase prices for loyal customers then maybe you shouldn’t be discounting new customers as much.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I currently pay for the Standard Plan (15/month) plus Payroll (5/month) and use it for 2 payroll users.

Under the newly unveiled pricing plans my business has been completely shafted.

In order to use Payroll at all, I need to upgrade to the new Grow plan (33/month), already an increase of 13/month. But on top of that, that isn't even enough because you're restricted this plan to only 1 payroll user. So actually I have to jump all the way to the second from top plan which is the Comprehensive at 47/month.

This is a complete joke.

This shift in…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am trying to find an app to help with cash flow forecasting. Xero could not have made it harder to compare. Why does the app overview page not say anything about the cost of the app? It only says free trial is available, however, I want to see what the ongoing cost is, before I even consider giving it a go. With Xero increasing costs so often and by an outrageous percentage, I find the lack of transparency of connected apps cost rather disingenuous. Xero needs to make it easier to not just search but also to compare features…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We appreciate for many small businesses having more information about connected apps pricing is important when making and choosing solutions for your business.

While this isn't currently available, it's something our team are looking into surfacing through the Xero App store.

There's a bit of work to go into it, but we'll keep you updated of any progress for this here. 😊

12. We signed up several years ago, and were really happy with the software as it was. Now we keep update after update, and price rise after price rise. Our cost has now doubled in 5 years. I know there's fancy "features" added to it now, but I don't need them. All I want is the version from a couple of years ago. Accounting, payroll for 5, Classic invoicing, old style reports, old style bills page, old style contacts, no cashflow analytics.

Why not just make the older version available as a basic package for say £25 a month. No fancy…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. With the new pricing tiers coming in September 2024, Projects is only included in the most expensive tier. I currently pay for it as an add-on on a per user basis. With just two of us, this is cost effective. From September, if I want Projects I will have to pay for the top tier, a 30% increase to retain the features I use! Please make Projects available in lower pricing tiers.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow subscribers to pay their Xero subscription annually, not just monthly

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sales question:
    we want to buy xero. We only do 100 transactions per year, but we have one month which has more than 20 invoices and 5 bills, (an event we organise). does the basic subscription do monthly transaction counts only or can it do an annual transaction count.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Finding out how to raise a case - link from the 'Not actioned' email to video - If you want someone to watch a video on how to do something, don't force them to login to Vimeo. Not all of us want to have every app under the sun.
    2. Finding out how to raise a case - link from the 'Not actioned' email to the blog - taking us straight to the right blog entry would be helpful rather than just directing to the general blog page and the user has to search to find it. If someone needs support…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Having developed and managed both hardware and software development products for many years, Xero has the best product support I have seen.

They are all very knowledgeable of the Xero product and the customers that continually moan at the short comings of a very poorly designed product.

My advice, is to utilise the product support team to write the customer requirement specifications of the Xero product, using the Product Idea portal and the "competition" as the starting point of Xero 2.0. Then the development team can write the software and then let the product support team alongside Xero customers "test"…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Xero Central - please add the year that a case is lodged and each response. At the moment it just has day and month but no year. I have found one of mine from Nov 2022 that the last response is that I would be updated when it is resolved but the case is closed and the only reason I knew it was Nov 2022 is that the attachment I uploaded had the date of the screenshot.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This idea has been raised again and again but XERO isn't listening!!!

The demo company is a great idea, but it makes no sense to automatically reload all the "duff" data every 30 days.

It's VERY simple to achieve a very useful and flexible feature, by....
    1) Be able to clear all the data in the Demo Company
    2) Make the 30 day reload of useless data optional
    3) Enable cloning of an existing organisation

We need to be able to test imports, features etc. and be able to return the "demo company" to EMPTY and if required to restore…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have the a tablet and use a cover with a keyboard, it would be so much easier to use the app if the screen didn't default to portrait mode and activating the screen keyboard. Please allow the Xero app to rotate to landscape so that I can use the cover keyboard.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?