Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

105 results found

1. We would like the ability to reconcile transactions against a statement in addition to just reconciling from the bank feeds.

There have been so many issues with bank feeds, that often we find the statement balance does not match Xero. The issue with running the reconciliation report is that some banks will have some transactions from the closing date in the current statement and some of them on the next statement. The only way for us to break it out and match the balance is to export transactions to a spreadsheet and then change the date of those transactions in…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, thanks for all your input into this idea. Right now, our product team are looking into this space and we'd like to invite any US based users in this idea to participate in some early concept testing.
    ✍️If you'd like to be a part of this please fill in this short questionnaire.
    Spots are limited, and please note that we may not be able to contact or schedule everyone who registers their interest.
    We'll round back to share any progress with you all on the idea here.

2. We would like to request that the General Ledger able to generate with currency amount, currency rate and currency balance.

Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. New General Ledger - It would be good if you can have the option to have the code number first before the account name

This will make looking for items easier

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback for the General Ledger Summary report, Kala. 

I wanted to confirm it is possible to reorder columns within the General Ledger Details report (like my image below). Is there a specific reason you'd like this in the summary too, or does this possibly meet the needs you're after? 

4. To be able to bulk download invoices for a client or multiple clients.

With also the ability to filter to all invoices, paid invoices and not paid invoices.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Amy, could you give a bit more detail on what this would help you do, or is there a specific format you'd be looking to download invoices in? 

Currently, you can export invoices from Xero and would be able to filter these in exported CSV file, or can do a search to do this before exporting - More on this here

5. When I reconcile a transaction in my bank account I can enter a "Why". I.e. Gas for Youth Hostel. So when I have multiple transactions to the same customer, under the same Chart of Account I can differentiate them.

However, this data entry can not be pulled into a report. This is really hampering my ability to differentiate my transactions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stephen, is there a specific report you've been running to try include this data? 

When creating a transaction during bank rec, the 'why' is saved as the description of the transaction. You should be able to  run the Account Transactions report to view this detail in the Account you've coded payment too. Let me know how you get on. 🙂

6. Can we combine two xero report ?
    Payable invoice detail report & Detailed time report.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When a selecting the new invoicing platform, you lose certain functions.
    The first function that has been lost is the ability to copy invoice data to a purchase order - this feature needs to added to the new platform as some business use this to purchase items that have been sold from a supplier and makes sure there are no errors.
    The second function is when invoicing from Project the time entered for that project is no longer being allocated to an invoice and showing in the project as not invoiced, this will cause doubling up on billing.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, I'm pleased to share with you that the Product team are investigating the first part of this idea - to copy invoice data to a purchase order in new invoicing. There's a few other bits of work lined up before they get to this but we'll be sure to return with an update on progress once there's more news 📰 

As for the second function raised here, when you raise an invoice from Projects that includes tasks, time entries or expenses, if you change the project field on new invoicing the connection with Projects will be removed. To correct this, you can either void/delete the invoice and recreate it from the project or manually mark the time entry/task/cost as invoiced.

8. Currently you can only see new notifications when they pop up in the menu. As soon as you click x, they disappear and cannot be accessed any more. It is useful to be able to look at old notifications - particularly for tax codes so that changes to tax codes can be double checked

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate you raising the idea here, Sally. 

It'd be great to understand when you say "dismissing" notifications, would this be by clicking the "x" icon in the top right hand corner of the notifications pop-up, or within the notification feed? Thanks 

9. Browse all transactions on the "Inventory item list" report, it will also be helpful to reveiw in & out movement and can double check with other source.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be helpful and efficient to be able to make or add an account code straight from the "account code" dropdown in the bill/invoice/journal without needing to go to chart of accounts to make a new one. Currently, users still need to go to the chart and then go back to the bill/invoice/journal but since this refreshes the page, it erases all the data already filled up in the invoice.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, appreciate how this suggestion would make life easier 😊 This is a feature that our team are looking to improve, and they have plans to enable a quick link to go to the COA (similar to quotes today). They do hope to enable the ability to add a new account directly within the Invoices screen however there are a few other pieces of work lined up before they can tackle that.

We'll shift to Under review and I'll keep you updated of any progress!

11. Only option is to export documents from Xero. Can the Print option, like in XPM (see attached pic) be added

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When viewing a Contact's record, the activity can appear cluttered with every single change made, including adding planned payment dates, removing planned payment dates, adding invoice notes, editing the contact's record etc.
    It would be good to be able to filter this page to look at say Bills Paid and Invoices Paid only; or Invoice Sent only.
    As it works now, for a very active contact, this can quickly become difficult to navigate.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback and sharing your idea in the forums here, Jo - As part of our work for 'building on beautiful' a contact record is the next page in this space that'll be getting a new look. 

Though a little too soon to confirm what it will look like, I can say that the page will be cleaner, with filters to help with viewing what is shown on the page. 

I'll keep you updated, here 😁

13. email with 1-click link to list of unpaid/open invoices...

When invoices are sent from MYOB, the email includes a link to a webpage which individually lists all unpaid/open invoices. This a great feature especially for accountants when they get a statement and find they are missing an invoice (this link would also be a great option to add this link to statements!!).

Essential to not require signin or Xero to access

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is there a particular reason you'd specifically not want the user to login to Xero to view this information, Ben? 

Currently as you may be aware, there's an option to include a link so that your customer can view outstanding invoices they have with you - See more here 

14. Exchange rate on bank reconciliation report
    For foreign currency bank accounts, the old bank reconciliation report used to include a note stating that the exchange rate per xe.com that was used to translate the bank balance to the home currency at the report date. This was very useful information to include, as it confirmed the rate and the source of where that rate was obtained. This is not included on the new format bank reconciliation report pack. Please could this note be brought back on the new format reports?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for showing your interest and feeding back on the difference between old and new Bank Reconciliation reports. We understand wanting to see a change here and we have plans to focus on foreign currency disclosures after the work to retire old reports in July is complete.

Right now, you’ll need to obtain the revaluation rate from your organisation's Currencies settings screen and add it into a text block at the bottom of the report.

We'll keep you updated of when the team begin actively working on this, here.

15. The ability to flag a customer as "purchase order required". We have a growing number of customers who won't pay us unless we put a purchase order reference on the invoice. It would be good if we can have a flag in the customer that says they require a PO and therefore when we raise an invoice to them it pops up a reminder message.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Quick turn around, as we were able to roll this out rather fast 😁!
    You should all have access to the new Notes feature I mentioned - Found at the bottom of the Contact details section when adding or editing a contact.
    As I mentioned, this’ll enable you to enter text such as a requirement for a Purchase order that you’ll be able to see when viewing the Contact record.
    It’d be great to get feedback - if this helps with your needs here.

16. Hi, Is it at all possible on the Product and Service where we create codes for the invoices, that under Purchase and Sell there is an option to add another line. By this I mean there are time when I create an invoice to a client under the same heading i want to have a line that show the price, the sales account and vat at 20%. Then another line to state a filing fee is zero rated. etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI Karen, trying to better understand your idea here - would you expect this additional line to be visible to the customer on the invoice? If so you could simply enter this in the description field of the new line. If it's a process you see yourself often using you could save this as a new 'untracked' item where the price would be $0. 

17. Give sales invoices the ability to create self-billing contractor bills - the same as billable expenses but for the the sales side, rather than the purchase side. I produce high vol royalties where the suppliers(producers) do not physically bill, but we need to raise the charges directly in line with the sales received. Massively labour intensive and could be fixed with this function.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to select different mailing lists for 1 customer. This will be useful when you have different projects for the same supplier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Amna, could you explain your idea a little more? Would this be to send bulk comms to multiple contacts from Xero, or something like being able to set different persons on a contacts record to receive different types of transactions or communications? 

19. A report to run to identify suppliers and customers that have not used in the last 12 months, so we can archive some contacts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not a capture all but maybe a step in the right direction for now that could help, Maureen - Smart Lists could help you get a view of the customers that you've not sold items to recently. 

You could run a New Smart List to view Any customers who have Not Purchased Any items In the last year - Find out more on Smart lists here

20. I want to be able to flag COD clients, so the sales team know to collect payment at the point of sale.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sharon, recently we released a new feature in Contacts that will enable you to add a note for a contact that can be visible from a contacts record - Right hand panel meaning you could add any detail about contacts that you receive payment from at the time goods & services are supplied in this field. 

Is this enough to solve your needs here? 🙂

• Don't see your idea?