Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

177 results found

1. The ability to have a live feed between Xero to Excel/Google Sheets so that we can create our own custom reports outside of Xero.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Adam, do want to be open that we don't have intentions of creating a live feed of data into Excel/Google Sheet. 

Many of the reports in Xero can be exported to Excel or Sheets. 

Keen to better understand the data you're looking to be able to incorporate in your reports - Can you give a bit more detail about what is currently missing that you'd like to see in reports? 

2. American Express has dropped the function of being able to download statements in OFX format which could easily be loaded into Xero, and now only offer PDFs. Can Xero put any pressure on Amex to re-introdcue the function? Not practical to individual load transactions, and without the bulk download feature Xero because less useful/valuable to Amex users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing, Mike. While Xero Product Ideas is a place for requesting changes for features in Xero, the Xero Developer Community link that you’ve shared here is the best place to raise any API, Ecosystem, and Integration ideas.
    In saying that, I’ll close your idea here, so others who come across this post will know where they can go for more information on this.

4. Hi there,

I've tried the existing integrations with Shopify and Xero and the only partially viable option available has many problems. We're using this for our website https://discountoffice.co.nz. We've given up on automation between the two platforms and now manually invoicing at the end of the day which consumes a lot of our time. Do you have any plans to develop an official app to integrate the two platforms?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, with newer versions of many of the older reports now in place, we don't have plans for making further change to Xero's older reports. 

In Xero's newer reports you'll find the option to include decimals under the 'More' option. 

5. Hi Everyone,
    I have a client who has shifted from using MYOB to XERO, she has today requested that in the event that she forgets to place another delivery address on the suppliers purchase order then it defaults to her address. SO the proverbial hit the fan this morning when her supplier has done what was requested on the PO and delivered it to the address noted on the PO this was meant to be in Sydney today for an opening tomorrow 1/11... so now this means a trip from Newcastle to Sydney.... Lucky it wasn't Perth.
    MY QUESTION IS;…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi Support,

Could you add a small feature to reminder users to select tracking when they enter invoices/bills/transactions/manual journals?

I know we can always use 'Find & recode' to adjust, but it would be much better to have this reminder.

Thanks,
    Felix

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, appreciate the idea here.

However, it's not getting much traction overtime so I do want to be honest that there are no plans for a specific reminder for adding Tracking.

However, as mentioned, if you would like to bulk check or add tracking you may like to check out the find and recode feature😊

7. Is it possible to add a quick access to Quotes from the Dashboard or anywhere else? Now, I need to go to Accounts, Sales then "See All" above Quotes.

Can you please add the "Quotes" direct link (same as "See All") somewhere in the front page? Either directly in the Dashboard or under a menu like "Accounts"

Thanks! 😊

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Community! 

Appreciate being able to quickly create a quote from the dashboard is something you’d like to see here.

Being open with everyone, we don’t have plans for developing a button to create a quote from the Dashboard and we’ll leave this idea closed to set the right expectation.

However, it’s worth noting that there are shortcuts that’ll take you through to the ‘All Quotes’ and ‘Add new Quote’ screens.

When you see the search bar in the top right of the screen, you can click this and enter the letter Q to jump straight to quotes.

8. I would like to receive payments from clients through Venmo. Are you working on that?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hello, recently, I have added invoices to Xero, printed them out but forgotten to click the button to email them. Would iy be possible to have a simple reminder feature once you have created a customer invoice when you click away from it which says "do you want to email this invoice?"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, while not a direct reminder to email the invoice, you’ll find the flow to create and send an invoice is much more succinct in new invoicing 🙂

I do want to be open that we don’t have specific plans for an additional reminder as well, so we’ll close this request to set that expectation.

Thanks for your contributions here!

10. The 1099 functionality is not all that helpful currently with the way US laws are.

From what I understand about 1099-Misc, there are three key things that determine whether or not you must provide for a regular vendor (there are lost of odd rules for attorneys and the like so I'm just writing about your regular vendor.)

1) Usually only applies to payments >= $600
    2) Usually excludes Corporations
    3) Usually excludes payments made by credit card or 3rd party network like PayPal due to 1099-K

From the IRS Website: Form 1099-K. Payments made with a credit card or payment…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we appreciate feedback and conversation on how we could improve Xero's 1099 reporting over the years.

Some time on from when this idea was first shared on Feature Requests - We've made lots of updates to Xero's  1099 and I'd like to round back on some of the ideas raised here.

👉 Majority of account types can now be selected in the rules set up
    👉 We released Contacts Management which allows you to update a contact's W9 business classification, and a checkbox to automatically add them into a 1099 contact group, and select this group in your rules. If they're a corporation, don't tick the checkbox, and they won't appear in reports.
    👉 As per IRS guidelines, any payments made via a credit card or third party network are reported on a 1099-K form.
    👉 At this time we don't have plans for developing the ability to…

11. Hi,

I recently made the error of emailing a draft invoice to a customer by accident. Not sure how i managed to do it - maybe too many drinks whilst completing the invoicing :) haha

But it occurred to me that there should be a way or an option to block the sending of draft invoices. Or even a prompt when you try to send it reminding you it's still a draft invoice. I mean whats the point of approving invoices if you can send out the draft's anyway??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate it's been quite some time since we last updated this idea, everyone.

I wanted to share some of the change that's come through with new invoicing, specifically around the approve and send process, which may now accommodate some of the interest in the idea here.

Approve and Send have been incorporated in new invoicing, so this saves you a bit of time.

Rather than needing to complete 2 separate actions (1. Approve the invoice 2. Send the invoice) this has all become one flow, from a draft invoice if you select 'Send' this'll auto approve the invoice in Xero.

A caveat to this is where you have a Credit Limit set up and it's been exceeded - Xero'll grey out the option to Send.

At this time in, we don't have plans for adding further blocks or warnings when sending invoices. 

We'll keep our eyes on this idea though…

12. Previously, in Xero, you could star/save a report by going to the reports page and either looking for the report in the summary tab and then clicking the star next to the report you were looking for, or by using the search bar in the top right hand corner to find the specific report and then starring/saving it after you had searched for it. Now, when you try to star/save a report after typing something in the search bar, the report will not save. Additionally, when you attempt to switch tabs from Summary to Custom/Adviser/Draft after doing this, the system…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. At present when reconciling ANZ credit card bank feeds the Payee name is shown in the description column as opposed to the Payee Field. The only workaround to this issue is to setup a bank rule. As a result of this issue, all non bank rule transactions show with "unknown" in the "To" field of a spend money transaction. Come on ANZ you can do better! please fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, the transaction info imported into Xero is provided directly by the bank. 

How each bank imports data into Xero differs between them, which is why some banks import how you like, and others (ie. ANZ credit cards) don't.

Though we can appreciate how working with ANZ to change where the payee imports would be helpful, it'd require massive changes for all customers who've already set up bank rules.

With this being said, we've decided to close this request as we aren't looking to change how this info imports at this time.

Always welcome to reach out to support if you'd like some help setting up bank rules instead 🙂

14. Hi

I would like to be able to assign the project to bills in Receipt Bank like you can with tracking categories. It is very clunky assigning in Xero. I also have a number of team members submitting to Receipt Bank and it would like them to be able to assign each bill to a project rather then me have to chase around when approving in Xero. I have queried with Receipt Bank who say they can't add it as they don;t have access to the Xero Projects API.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks for the inputs to the idea here!

Appreciate there's a bit of confusion on the integration.

To be open, whilst we did release an API to Xero Projects in 2018, to sync some of the data requested here would require a bit more development to our API.

As much as we like the interest in this, there are a few other high priority items on our API team's roadmap at present, and this isn't currently planned.

API and integration requests are best shared across in the Xero Developer community, where we have informed experts that can keep you updated.

It looks like we have an existing idea for the ability to link bill line items via the API, I'll keep this request closed so we can get a better view of interest across in the Developer community.

15. Can we please be able to edit or delete notes on invoices?

Currently we can't delete notes, which is really annoying when I make a mistake or enter a note for the wrong invoice (and having the wrong information on a note attached to a customer's invoice means that I can't provide proper support).

On a related note, it would be great if we could cut and paste screen shots (or images in the clipboard) into a note and also use the iPhone app to attach a photo to a note. That would be really handy for including courier or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, although no direct change of the status here we wanted to share a recent improvement to Contacts that may be of interest.
    Contacts has recently added a new feature that allows you to add additional Notes for a Contact.
    When adding or editing a Contact you’ll see a new field for this at the bottom of the Contact Details section, where you can enter, edit and remove notes for a contact.
    Meaning that on-going you could enter any notes that you may wish to change or remove overtime in this field. Thanks

16. I'm thinking along the lines of Dropbox. When you dont have internet connection and a file or folder is added, obviously the file is not distributed to the cloud, but when the computer gets internet access it Syncs all of its data with the cloud.
    Im thinking of the same thing for Xero, if for some reason internet connection is lost, you could still use all the same functionality, then once it gets online then it Syncs all the information with the cloud.
    What does everyone think?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, when we use Pay With Wise, each bill is paid as a separate payment from Wise to the supplier. This is not the expected way, as suppliers prefer to have one payment per month which bundles all pending receivables from us. This mimics how payment batch files work.

Please improve Pay with Wise so that multiple bills for the same supplier are sent as one bank payment.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, while we removed the Pay with Wise as a follow on from our last update we wanted to confirm that we have released UK bill payments in Xero.

Customers in the UK can set up direct bank transfer as a payment method for GBP bills to quickly and securely pay bills. Funds are transferred from your bank account by Crezco using open banking. The availability of open banking in the UK has enabled us to offer this on-platform. 🙂- Read more on our Blog

1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?