Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4068 results found

1. Reporting - Account Transactions - Group by Contact Group - Aged Receivable Transactions

When I run the Account Transactions new report with Grouping as Contact Group, the option to add opening and closing balances is blocked. Is it possible to enable this so that we can use the report in lieu of a monthly activity statement for the Group.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. a payroll report that can be run by the states that employees are in. It will be great for payroll tax if company employs people across Australia

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  4 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We charge our consultants at a different cost rate per customer project and pay them a different cost rate per engagement. This is negotiated with them at the start of the gig and applies only to that Project.

I want to set a different staff rate per project per staff member.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Send a link to on board new employees info ie TFN, bank accounts, super account and all personal particulars to get them ready for a pay run.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Quickbooks allows this: and 501c6 and 501c3 find this EXTREMELY useful. We don't budget by the month per se; we budget yearly.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A CSV/Excel file with headers Employee, Gross, Net, NI, giving essentially the same data as the Payroll Activity Details report, for a payrun, but in column format with one line per employee for ease of reference.

We have more than 30 employees and the Payroll Activity Details report is very long and cumbersome to reference.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In some instances we have matchable bank feed lines which need handling on one or two different way.

For example, A refund might be vatable or non vatable depending on the customer
    A staff payment might be payroll or it might be expenses

It would be nice here to have 2 rules with identical match perams, but alternative line handling and xero could suggest both of them in the bank feed. OR when you click "Don't apply role" it would suggest the next one.

As far as I can tell the first rule that matches in the list is the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have real issues with the accessibility of Xero's credit note procedures.
    The roundabout way of even accessing a credit note is very backward, when I receive an invoice by email I just send it to Xero which goes into a list of draft bills, but credit notes need to go to files ( which I forget about, because it's not an area I usually need to go) this process really needs some work Xero team!
    But the main reason I am contacting you is, when I process a credit note and the original invoice is assigned to a customer,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a relationship option for "Unit Holder" along with the "number of Units". This would be very helpful when setting up Unit Trusts in XPM.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. After grouping accounts using the 'edit layout' function it would be great to be able to either expand or collapse each group while viewing the report, rather than having to go back into the 'edit layout' section to change the way the group appears.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. in Recurring invoices, placeholders are essential to accurate and meaningful descriptions. Placeholders seem to currently only offer Week, Month & Year but not ‘Day’ or [DATE] or [TODAY]. (with the usual +/- feature). This would be hugely helpful for recurring daily or weekly invoices or for communicating a relevant billing period on a Monthly invoice (that differs from calendar months or calendar weeks) without having to manually update the date in description of every Repeated invoice. Currently more work is required and ALL repeating invoices need manual intervention before approval whereas if this could be automated Bills could be automatically…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When using the old reports, when you opened them up they would show the current month. Now they show 12/31/22 which is useless now that we are into March. They should either default to prior month (which is what QBO does) or current month (which is what Xero used to do).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Our contact cards are set up automatically through an API directly from our billing systems (we have multiple systems that are all coded differently). Fields like currency and branding are not updated with this link; therefore, the fields default to our Xero account settings. We want to export the contact card list with these fields to identify the clients with information that needs updating, to then fix and import in one step instead of updating each card.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Xero provides for only one ATO Branch code to be recorded for an organisation in Settings / Organisation details. Also, Xero does not require a branch code to be recorded for Single Touch Payroll (STP) which would be resulting in a number of cases where the ATO is contacting clients and practitioners regarding incorrect branch codes for STP and requiring correction of STP filings which is time consuming and complex.

Some businesses have different branch codes for different ATO reporting obligations. For example, a business may have a branch number of 001 for Single Touch Payroll but 003 for Taxable…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When sending an email from an email client, you have the ability to ask for a delivery receipt - for notification when the email arrives at the destination server. I'd like the same ability when I send an invoice by email from Xero.

Currently, in order to get an email delivery receipt, I have to send the invoice to myself via Xero (so that I have the links in the email correct) and then forward using an email client to the customer. Obviously, from an audit trail point of view, this is suboptimal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Our clients are on monthly direct debit and expect to see one payment on their selected payment date. Currently there are multiple payments being collected on the same day and customers are telling us this isn't ideal. We connected Xero in this way to promote automation but this seems to be at the sacrifice of good customer facing benefits.

What we would like to see is an option in the customer financial information section to tell the system that the client is on monthly DD and that one single payment is taken on their preferred DD date for all invoices…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The upgrade allowing start and end times and breaks to be entered into timesheets looks fantastic. Please can you let NZ users have access to it too.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  32 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi, Can i check is there any mobile space for moving long space to show the full no. of " NUMBER" row due to i unable to see the document no.in full in "Purchase Order" page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I understand the new journal report can add a column of "Posted by". it would be great if we can also add the "created by" and "edited by" in the report. We want to see a list of creator, editor and poster for each journal (with Journal details).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If we are running multiple companies, can we not get option to have global chart of accounts, that all entities have to use / can select which entities the global chart of accounts apply to?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?