For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1204 results found

1. Many of the to-do items under tasks aren't useful or applicable to us. We would love the ability to add meaningful to-do items to our tasks as a default, not on a job by job basis.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Using notifications are a great way to communicate on a job and keeping the history of the same. One frustration I have is when a new note is created I get a notification to tell me a new note has been added but I do not know what the subject of the new notification is from my on screen notification. This can be a problem as some notifications take only a few moments of my time whilst others require me to set aside a substantial amount of time, but I cant tell which it is from the on screen notification.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The ability to filter whether a client has coded their file to a certain date. Filter through XPM list of jobs (eg BAS) by clients who’s file is ready to prepare.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We, as a tax agent, would find it extremely useful if we could set a default payment letter template for each client - maybe have a selection option on the client page. Then when we send out bulk payment letters we know they are going to receive the correct details each time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to re-order 'Document Type' list - to make it easier to select the type I use most often. (and not have to scroll down to get to 'credit memo'.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Hubdoc  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great if the equity workpaper allowed for current year P&L reserve. This allows you to double check once the dividends are posted that the Equity section is not negative.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Workpapers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Regarding the newly added "Other Name" for individuals and sole traders the following:
    Please add this field as a column on the screen that lists all the clients.
    The reason why we are urgently asking for this is that we only use Initials + Last Names in the display name (as this works better on reports and invoices) and we have multiple individuals with the same last name (even with the same initials). If the "other name" is shown on this screen, it would make it so much easier to select the correct client to work with.
    Please see the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hubdoc's integration with Xero can be great when it enables automatic reconciliation of an invoice with accounts in Xero. However, if any portion of an invoice is allocated to an account in Xero that has a 0% tax rate, Publishing to Xero fails with the error message "Validation Err. Line item tax amounts do not total to document tax amount".

An example of where this occurs is where 50% of a transaction is deemed a business expense, while 50% of the transaction has a private use component, where the private use component is treated as personal drawings, e.g., the business…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hubdoc  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When running a report from My Reports it opens first on the Report Designer page allowing you to check/change the parameters, rather than having to revert to the Report Builder and Custom Reports to do so.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Timesheet. Be great if you could see a visual (graph) of your daily timesheet rather than just the time 24 hr posted list. Then you could get a visual of how long and for what hours you spent on each job, eg 8am to 9am job A, 9am to 11am job B, how long you didnt work eg lunch and it would be heaps easier to see if you had made any errors in submission of time. Even though there is the time summary graph which shows hours worked, it doesn't help troubleshoot if you think your time not correct…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. To make it easier to create jobs in XPM it would be useful to have a link to create a new job once you have unsuccessfully searched to see if there is a job already set up for the client. At present you have to log out of job search then create a new job, which involves finding the client name again.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Xero sign/Adobe sign

Esigning and the portal is excellent and very useful.

I get worried unlike when you use Adobe DC directly, Xero Sign does not give trails of who signed back to you.

Whilst probably not too likely things were not signedd correctly, I think we need more robust authentication with the IP address and the email address that was used to login being recorded into a report.

The drill down to confirm the transaction is not very helpful and I cannot work out in the secured pdf where to easily see thse things.

Most other providers have better…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The ability to copy and paste TFN's the same way you can with email addresses, so that you can paste into the TAP.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Xero should be having a feature Statistical GL where one can enter statistical information or numbers which are vital for analyzing business trends.
    For example, If I am maintaining books of a restaurant and I want to record daily covers (footfall or number of customers) which can help me analyze revenue per cover, spend etc.
    There should an option to create some designated ledgers to input and maintain these statistical information which does not affect any financial statements but can be used for business performance analysis.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently all ITR Notices of Assessment that come to Xero Tax with a variance are marked with an orange dollar sign ($).

It would help with variance investigation and client contact if the variances were colour coded so that positive variances (those that increase a refund or decrease a payable) are in a blue $, while negative variances (those that decrease a refund or increase a payable) are in the orange $. I would suggest green, but green is often used for 'this has been assessed and confirmed' so blue is a good compromise.

This will give a visual indication…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Suggestion to have the ability to enter 'Ad Hoc' time in the same place you enter time for jobs - i.e. in the Timesheets screen, rather than going through the 'Global Search' screen.

You would select a client first, then select Ad Hoc Time or a job (if an active one exists).

Also, when selecting a client, it would also be handy to be able to start typing a few letters from anywhere within the client name, rather than having to type the first letter or scroll down using the picklist.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Xero should be able to offer billing in other currencies as currently they are unable to bill Xero Practice Manager in SGD.

I was advised by Xero support, that this is because they are part of their Global billing in Practice Manager, so it will automatically be billed in USD.

However, their Xero Accounting invoices are billed in Singapore Dollars, so not too sure why similar principles don't apply?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. To allow users to type the date in XPM.

Purpose: Because it is easier to type the date instead of the date picker.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In "Tax" tab, at the moment if youlook up a return in "draft" then go back you are automatically taken back to "All Returns" - if you were able to stay in the same heading that would save time rather having All Returns as default

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. NZ Tax
    Currently, in XPM it's only possible to customise a cover page of a tax return. However, it's not possible to customise the actual return including the last page.
    We'd like to be able to customise the last page to enable an anchor phrase to be entered to assist preparing templates for DocuSign automated signing platform.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?