For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

387 results found

1. Xero advisors in the US are climbing an uphill battle since Xero is not well known, I would love it if I could get on the advisor directory with less points. I cant get Xero clients without the directory but I cant get the directory without Xero clients. Its a catch 22

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'm looking for a report that shows me job workflow state changes. I'm sure XPM stores this data, but doesn't seem to report on it anywhere.

Essentially, I'd like (for jobs that meet some search criteria, creation date or job name or whatever else):

State changed date
    State changed from
    State changed to
    State changed by user

This is effectively an audit trail on the progress of a job (or ideally, multiple jobs). The fact this can't currently be done (unless Xero Support has pointed me wrong, in which case please do correct me!) is mind blowing!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Automatic Activity Statements - Partner/Manager Fields.
    Is there a way for the creation of Automatic Activity Statement Jobs to have the Partner and Manager for the entity pre-filled on generation?
    It is time consuming to go through each AAS Job and assign Partner/Manager so it appears in worklists.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to be able to have a selection of criteria for the standard Job WIP Balances Report that allows me to produce that report by certain fields in the report ie Name, State. Also by adding the following criteria would also save me a lot of time exporting and trying to sort by:
    1. Client Group; or
    2. Manager.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. On the reconciliation screen in the bank account, if a transaction is being picked up by a rule, could we see both which rule it is being picked up by as well as the name, account, description, and tax details that the rule is using?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the idea, Garrett. This isn't in any plans at the moment, but we'll keep an eye on it as the team are thinking about this in the wider context of the bank reconciliation process.

In the meantime a workaround could be to include those details in the title of your bank rule. For example Supplier Name - Motor (20% VAT)

6. We have many individual clients who don't have a company or trust etc. Can there be a salutations field that can be used specifically for addressing them in invoices and tax letters that doesn't affect where they stand in the alphabetical order of things? If we update their display name, all of those clients would be under 'M' for Miss, Mrs, Ms or Mr rather that their first or last name which then throws reporting if you're looking for someone in particular in a list of people. Would be nice to have this carry over to Blue Xero so that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Is there a way to flag a client, ie Warning/Ban or make them Inactive but keep their history in Xero?

We have a system that have a number of clients with similar/identical names and we would like flag a client for particular reason, ie account terms etc or ban etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can we please be able to view and individuals FIRST NAME and LAST NAME on the Client Details Screen. Currently you can only see what the First Name and Last Name for a client is by going in to Edit the page. It seems extremely weird that you can't view the First Name and Last Name of a client on the Main Details page when arguably that is the most important detials of an Individual!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Invoices issued from XPM need to have the ability to have payment services so that clients can click on a Pay Now button and pay the invoice immediately in order to:
    - improve cashflow by collecting monies as soon as possible
    - remove the need to push invoices into blue xero to gain access to Pay Now functionality
    - remove double handling of invoices that practice staff originate in XPM and then operations staff have to issue from blue Xero. Practice staff should be able to manage practice invoices without having to involve operations staff.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Simple WIP report - 1 value per group (not broken down by job or individual client). Just a quick snap shot.

Easy!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please make the field "Automatically Retrieve from ATO" available to select in Report Builder to be able to create and run reports with this field in it.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently there is no option as was advised by your Support Team. This will help keep most Tax Returns & Activity Statements linked to the correct jobs irrespective of how & when they are created.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would love to build out a customizable reporting dashboard for each client, that I could grant specific access to. It could include specific monthly reports, live reports (like a rolling 12 month p&l for example) or widgets with live reports (for AP and AR) like on the current Xero dashboard. Perhaps include some KPI calculations. As an accountant, I could prepare the dashboard for each client's needs, and then email them a link to the dashboard each month when the accounting is updated.
    With a simple dashboard like this I wouldn't be shopping for outside reporting tools like reach…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In XPM there is currently no option for Unitholders in the Relationships section. Currently need to use either Shareholders or Beneficiaries so that information flows into Group Structure charts that receive data from XPM, neither being ideal particularly when sending that chart to banks.

Request that a Unitholder option be added to the Rekationships.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Can job custom fields please be added to recurring jobs? We have set up fields for required information, but becomes pointless if they can't be added to recurring jobs as well. Will also save staff a bunch of time if they can add the info when setting up the recurring job, rather than looking for the information at a later time.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When pulling invoices through from Xero to XPM (i.e. to report on fees v.s. costs/budget), it would be much more beneficial if XPM could locate its Job Reference Number within the line item description of an invoice, rather than just the invoice reference field.

This would mean multiple XPM jobs could be referenced on the same invoice (e.g. 001 Payroll, 002 Accounts, 003 Bookkeeping), as well as mitigating for firms like ours where we also bill other non-relevant monthly services (e.g. HR, Legal services etc.) on the same monthly invoice to a client.

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great if we could bulk update data (default fields and custom fields) and have options on how we want to update the data.

For example, if we want to update the 'Manager' field, we could choose to base this on the group or client, and:
    - Update all groups/clients to John; or
    - Update all groups/clients that are currently Sam to John, and have a check box to untick any groups/clients that are to be excluded; or
    - Update by manual selection - tick/untick the groups/clients that require the update.

We recently created a new custom field…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Would be very helpful to have repeating tasks within a job. For example, if doing work for a client over the financial year there are a list of tasks every month. There is no effective solution when there are different staff assigned to different task within the client job. Repeating tasks with staff assigned for the year would allow you to keep track of what has been done & what still needs to be done for each month. (Monthly checklist for July, Aug, Sept,...)

Currently the only solution is to have a set of tasks and un-tick these each month.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New XPM Contacts that link to multiple clients shows archived contacts when search. This is confusion to know which contact to select when the client has archived entities, if use incorrect one then not using 1 main contact. Currently having to select each one till find the main contact with current contact info.
    Need to block out archived contacts from showing or atleast show a symbol against them so know not to select it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to set the client branding theme in XPM to push across to Xero. This comes from the branding theme set at the client level not working as the firms default branding theme currently is applied to all invoices. By default it should use the branding theme against the clients contact record in Xero as we have set this up but not working as per bottom comment on this help article here: https://central.xero.com/s/article/Set-default-invoice-quote-templates

Xero Support response is currently "When invoices sync across from XPM to Xero, they use the theme that is at the top of your list in your…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?