Invoice Editor - Registered Business Name in Footer
"Doing Business As" is an important aspect of doing business because it allows separation of business and organizational administration as well as important banking, tax and branding functions. Something as mundane as cashing a check at the bank can be done in the name of your registered brand or dba but not if the check is written out to an LLC or Inc. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to make this distinction officially in the Xero software. As an example, my company is X-Ray and Digital Services, LLC but I do business and all my branding is under Fix My X-Ray. So, when I send an invoice and it's contact info is my LLC, it's confusing to my customers. Furthermore, since there is no official way to make this designation in the software it makes connecting to merchant and banking services with Xero clunky or impossible unless I break the cardinal rule of NOT having payments written out to the LLC. Let's compare this with a very well known company, Alphabet. When you use one of Alphabet's products and receive an invoice, bill or line item on a statement, it doesn't say "Alphabet Inc" it says Google or YouTube or Pixel or FitBit etc... It would be wonderful to see this fixed in Xero.
Thanks for sharing this idea with us Joseph, we understand that having the registered business name and address in the footer of the invoice is something you would like see returned to the invoice settings options. This Ides is now open for others to vote and comment on so we can gauge interest from the wider community. I can see that you have raised this wiht our Support team and they have suggested using the DOCX invoice option, however you can also add the registered business name and address to the bottom left of the standard invoice by utilising the Payment Notes section as seen in the screenshot Below. Any updates to this idea will be posted here.
-
Alan Steele
commented
The new standard invoice layouts do not include registered company address or what country the company is registered in as required by UK law.
I know I could add them in additional business details but it would really confuse my customers having 2 full size addresses at the top of the invoice.
I did log case CX0018679522 and was told I would have to create personalised Docx layouts!
Why have you introduced the new formats when every UK user will have to create Docx formats for all document formats?
This is especially hard for me as I have to do it 5 times as I have 5 companies
-
Alan Steele
commented
The new branded invoice layouts do not include registered company address or what country the company is registered in as required by UK law.
I know I could add them in additional business details but it would really confuse my customers having 2 full size addresses at the top of the invoice.
I did log case CX0018679522 and was told I would have to create personalised Docx layouts!
Why have you introduced the new formats when every UK user will have to create Docx formats for all document formats?
This is especially hard for me as I have to do it 5 times as I have 5 companies