Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1396 results found

1. Hi, Just thought I would let you know that adding a payment before sending the invoice to the customer showing $0 balance in the NEW invoice template settings is terrible and you have to flick from one section to another. It was so much easier in the OLD invoice setup. For ecommerce businesses who are creating an invoice for an item already paid for it needs to be more user friendly. If it is annoying for me it will be for others as well. Any chance your team can take a look at sorting the issue? I have moved back…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your feedback, Earl - To make sure I'm sharing back correctly here. When you say adding a payment is frustrating do you mind confirming what you expect to occur. For example is it that there are too many steps involved? Or you're seeing something different when sending a $0 invoice that you'd like to be different? 

2. Permanent inventory item on a specific invoice template

For example, we are an automotive repair shop
    If I was to have a specific invoice template for 'vehicle servicing' and would like every service invoice to come up with Sundries and Freight automatically

This would be a great way to save time as well as making sure everything is being charged out correctly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Paul, while not a perfect solution, currently you could create and repurpose a  Draft invoice for a dummy contact. When you want to create an invoice with this item you'd use the 'Copy to draft invoice' option. 

We don't have plans for developing anything that'd accomplish what you're currently asking here. We'll monitor the interest and share if there's any change. 

3. It's simple, we are business owners and we have to make quick decisions and actions.
    Therefore we need to have at a glance how much we have in sales to date.
    A quick view of how much we have sold, that information is not at hand.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automatically captures each line items as indicated in the bill when sending bills directly to draft using Xero Bills email link provided

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Project reports are very difficult to follow and understand. The ability to click a transaction and open the source is not possible unlike all standard Xero reports. A Profit and Loss by project is crucial. Project transactions need to be combined into the audit trail so that standard reports can be ran to include project information.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Having the ability to invoice a percentage of each task in a project.
    Our company invoices as a job progresses e.g 20% of one task is completed the first month, and then 50% has been completed the following month.
    At this stage, I am only able to apply a 'discount' to alter the amount invoiced (while still maintaining the full contract amount on the invoice as a reference to clients). When doing this, it also marks that task as invoiced and I am unable to further invoice. The only alternative to this, is invoicing for a project amount and still…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When editing an Invoice or a Bill Containing Products, The form have the Very bad feature of automatically resetting the Qty to 1... causing all kind of error.

Sometimes we have to update an Invoice, a purchase order or a bill to reflect business changes. When you do that, the form automatically resets the QTY to 1 and the Reset the discount to Customer default and does not show you it was done. So mistakes are being made...
    If you feel the need to do so, at minima, the page should highlights the modified numbers to give us a chance…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I sometimes(Often) do not understand Xero's Developers Logic...

Purchase Order - Instructions Field. Can someone explain me why, If I change the "Delivery Address", the form automatically clears the Instruction field we just typed?

I first assumed that it was because I can attach specific instructions for a Delivery address... But I search high and low and I could not find such feature.

Xero, Please BE CONSISTENT.

• If there is nothing to fill that Field, Do not erase it just to irritate us.

• Better: Add an Instruction field to Contact delivery address. And fill the Purchase order Instruction Field automatically.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bills to Pay UI - Visual Hierarchy

the new update of the 'bills to pay' screen is great and has some very useful new QOL features but i think the current layout is quite difficult to read and should contain a similar visual hierarchy that the old style had.

i have found myself focusing intently and trying to figure out where i am up to which could easily be fixed by a graphic designer adjusting fonts, weighting and alignment.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When copying an invoice to a bill the bill should also pick up the category used in the invoice

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please could you allow us to restart the timer for a time entry that has been saved. Sometimes I have to come back to the same "sub task" (sorted by description) after a few hours and I don't want to type out the same description again. Nor do I want to create a brand new task for something that would be part of the same task, but have a slightly different note to it.

I, for instance, work doing IT helpdesk tasks, and I use the description field to differentiate between helpdesk tickets for a client. I do not always…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be useful to have a cc and bcc field when sending invoices so that either the business owner or another individual could receive a copy of the invoice when it is sent. This functionality is available in QuickBooks.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Moving along with the project, our team are now in the process of developing a new send modal that'll enable you to cc and Bcc when using the new invoicing experience. 😊

We're not too far off with this work and I'll continue to keep you updated on news for this, here! 

13. Ability to report on projects that have nil activity. Currently they do not show in the Project Summary Report until activity has been entered.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How do I adda column showing the "Description" to the columns of Bills...??

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. On the invoice template there is a lot of 'white space', particularly to the right of the Product Description, which frequently wraps to a second line. The Product Item code also wraps to a second line on occasions. The Quantity, Unit Price, Discount and VAT columns could be reduced in width to allow for the increase in Item and Description fields.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adding a payment to an invoice currently defaults the date to today. It would be useful to have an option to change it to both the issue date and the due date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great to see an option of being able to highlight in red or yellow a particular line on your sales invoice for the client to specifically take note of, because at the moment when I add a note for clients to see I write it in capitals but it still gets ignored. Whereas if it was highlighted they may take more notice of it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As an event company, we often receive bills months after the original project is "complete". I wish I could assign costs to "complete" projects the same way that I can assign invoices to "complete" projects.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Leah, when you've closed/completed a project it is still possible to add Bills and new Expense tasks to it. 

From the bill you'll be able to look up and assign lines of your Bill, or within the project you can simply add an expense. The only transactions you can no longer add once closed are Billable expenses, Spend monies and time entries. 

Is there a specific reason you need to enter the expense as one of these type of items? 

19. The ability to rearrange the order of data entry would be a big improvement in New invoicing.
    Currently, the expense code and the Profit Centre are separated by the tax code.
    This is not logical or intuitive when entering data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would be a huge benefit to be able to see invoices using some type of 'Quick Look' function from the invoice list rather than having to open each one fully to view details. This would allow us to quickly look at a customers history without the time consuming task of opening each one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?