Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1398 results found

1. Line numbers on Purchase orders and Bills. This is standard industry practice when ordering oversea as they all speck by a line number when referring to a Purchase order. hard to do when there isn't one. I have invented a work around but I shouldn't have to, it should be a standard option as it is a standard thing that the rest of the world uses

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I really dislike getting payment reminders for bills that were paid on time! I find it stressful and although it is usually because the sender of the automated reminder has not done a recent reconciliation it still takes time to check. I think that Xero should make it impossible to send a reminder until the reconciliation for that period has been completed. Then they would not have to include the message " If you've already paid it, please ignore this email and sorry for bothering you" Simply don't send it in the first place!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Dispose of an asset in the next financial year without running depreciation to previous FY.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. An inventory system that can also track serial numbers.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I think the invoice customisation in Xero needs a major overhaul. Many of my clients have spent considerable amounts on graphic design, but the customisation process (downloading a Word doc, editing, and uploading) is a nightmare. The standard Xero invoices are really dated (such as the Mastercard or Visa logos, the payment slip footer, font choices etc), which means the better option is to upload a customised invoice. The problem I have is that most of the fonts I've tried seem to be unavailable once uploaded to Xero, with most reverting to Times New Roman, and that's an issue that…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great to make the tax rate (and account code) mandatory when creating quotes. This is a fail safe way of ensuring the gst is correct on quotes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate different businesses operate differently when setting up and approving deals. Some businesses specifically leave off detail from quotes for their own circumstance too. 

Imagine this'd need to be an optional org setting, and not something we have plans for right now but we'll get a sense of the interest here. 

7. Ability to edit a note that you have entered

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The current version of Shopify Integration App, does not support bringing across the Shopify Order ID, this means the only method you have to check the system is to match the date and the amount.

You can imagine if you get 3 orders in 1 day that are the same amount its impossible to match them correctly.

Can we make the system use the Shopify Order ID as the Invoice number?
    To prevent duplication previous apps i have used in xero have applied a prefix to the invoice id, for example NWB- so it would look like this NWB-4615

https://apps.xero.com/au/app/shopify

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hi Community, we need to have the option to add a new line between the invoice instead to go to the bottom part of the invoice to create it, and then moving it where we need it, many times I need to add a line in a large invoice but to make it, I need to go down to the bottom part, add a blank new line and move it where I need. If we can just make right-click and add a new blank line where we need it, it will be easy to create or amend an invoice.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing, Jose. While not a complete solve for what you're asking here - atm, once you add a line you can then move this to wherever you'd like it to sit in the invoice. 

Just drag & drop from the 6 dots in far left column ij the new invoice experience. 🙂

10. Now that Stripe offers Afterpay, it would be helpful to add Afterpay to Xero's native Stripe integration.

https://stripe.com/en-nz/payments/afterpay-clearpay

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When posting a bill, you must use the drop down menu to "approve and add another" because the button defaults to just "approve". If there was a way to change this it would save time when entering multiple bills at once.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Combo packages as in the required ladies, lawn mower lady weed eater lady trimmer lady and the rakers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently Xero Expenses creates a single expense claim for each individual item.
    Normal practice for an expense claim is it contains multiple lines (different expenses), such as parking, a restaurant bill and a hotel.

I would like to have the ability to group individual expense lines into one expense claim.

I would then have a single bill to pay (an expense claim with multiple lines) appear in my Bills to pay, rather than one for each line.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to show opening stock & closing stock closing amounts in the P&L on a monthly, quarterly etc basis.

A function to allow to pick a Balance Sheet code or P&L code for stock and specify what balance to report in the P&L or trading account. ie. when running May 2023 monthly reports, the ability to specify that the opening stock is the stock on hand balance at 30 April 2023 and the closing stock is the stock on hand balance at 31 May 2023.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi,
    Currently Xero restricts the export of Invoice / Bills to 500 rrecords at a time.

We, I am sure like so may other Xero users are a small value per transaction - High Transaction number enviromment and therefore even if one filters on date range for one day, the number of invoices are in excess of 500. This also means that we are unable to append files for one day at a time.

My I request Xero to remove the restriction on the number of records while exporting Invoice / Bills transactions please.

Please keep me posted on the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. While it's nice to be able to enter a fixed value discount in our business we use % discounts only. We find the new quote discount field feature that requires a % for the discount or it defaults to $ amounts is causing us to make errors. This is especially confusing as it use to default to % and the invoice still does. I have a couple of suggested updates:
    - Create a site wide setting to choose whether your default is $ or %.
    - Include a dollar symbol when it is a fixed amount discount to highlight it's…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Just like we can email a bill to Xero for editing and posting. I would like the ability to email a quote to convert it to a purchase order please

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. eFiling connection for VAT with Dutch government (belastingdienst). Similar to https://central.xero.com/s/article/Set-up-eFiling-for-VAT-in-Xero which is available for South Africa.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would love for the Watched Accounts box from the website dashboard to show up on my phone app dashboard. Sometimes I just need to see a bank balance or expense balance while traveling. Currently have to go to online website to see those watched accounts on my dashboard. Would be super cool to have them on phone app dashboard as well.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When editing a bill, say the item column it removes the data that is on that line. Can this be avoided?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?