Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

244 results found

1. We would like our auditors / account reviewers to have Read Only access to our accounts in Xero however this does not enable them to view Xero Files, which is where we save our bank statements, etc.

Currently we need to give them Standard Access so that they can have access to the documents in Files, however this also gives them the ability to change the accounts as well.

We would like to suggest the Xero files be added to users with Read Only access.

Thanks,
    Maria

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There is no reason to have a limit of 15 Custom DOCX Branding Themes (when those are needed to be used as RCTI). Organisations that issue RCTI do so for many clients so why limit it.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Would it be possible to create a bill from within the files tab, into a new tab. When you click create bill from within the file tab, it allows you to create the bill but once you click save, it just shows you the created bill. You then have to go back to the files tab and re-find the next file you want to create as a bill. Would be much easier if you could right click and create the bill within a new tab, so that the file tab stays open at all times.

Thank you!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would love to be able to adjust background colors and font colors. I find working for several hours in Xero leaves me with eye fatigue and headaches.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Receipt template options

The receipt template does not allow for the invoice number, reference or description to be listed on the receipt. I have to manually type this in each time otherwise my clients don't know which invoice I am receipting.

Please allow for these placeholders and auto send a receipt when the invoice is reconciled.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We have assigned users to specific projects but in order for them to see the invoices and bills against this project the settings must be changed so that they can access all bills, invoices and contacts to amend.

I would like a feature so that someone assigned to the project can have read only access to the invoices and bills ONLY associated with this project. Allowing them to still run reports and view profitability on their project but they cannot amend invoices and bills or cannot access others that are not their projects.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Exchange Rate - Allow more than 6 decimal places.

For conversions from smaller currencies (e.g. 1 KRW = 0.00071 USD), users need the ability to place more than 6 decimal places in order to get the exact currency conversion for the transaction. QuickBooks allows this so I don't see why Xero can't implement it as well.

Xero Central suggested that I make adjustment entries in my Realised Currency Gains account and I find it ridiculous to have to do it than just being allowed to input exact numbers in my original transactions.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to see tracking watchlist on the Xero dashboard.

Purpose: To save users’ time from clicking and going through multiple pages.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, unfortunately while we started work that would impact this feature, this has had to be put on the back burner for now with a few other pieces of work taking priority. We'll shift back to submitted for now and be sure to update you of any movement surrounding the idea, here. 

9. ability to group accounts under the Accounts Watchlist in the dashboard just like how it works in PnL report with automatic updating based on a certain criteria

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For internal control reasons the 'invoice settings' section should be only accessible for certain access types. Anyone with Xero access (excl read only) can go and adjust the bank account manually entered on the invoices sent to customers.

It would be great to have this locked the same way bank account admin is for supplier payments.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to record staff hours spent with the client.

Purpose: Because it’s important to track how much time an employee spends on a job

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Xero provides for only one ATO Branch code to be recorded for an organisation in Settings / Organisation details. Also, Xero does not require a branch code to be recorded for Single Touch Payroll (STP) which would be resulting in a number of cases where the ATO is contacting clients and practitioners regarding incorrect branch codes for STP and requiring correction of STP filings which is time consuming and complex.

Some businesses have different branch codes for different ATO reporting obligations. For example, a business may have a branch number of 001 for Single Touch Payroll but 003 for Taxable…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I believe being able to update all fields to show the word Estimate rather than Quote would be extremely beneficial. I have been able to update all except for the wording of Online Quote Link

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Get rid of this stupid MFA on EVERY sign in.
    It used to be monthly which was bad enough, now it is a constant pain having to use an authentication device just to get access to Xero. MFA is a complete waste of user time. My bank doesn't use it and I trust them not to lose my money, so why does accounting software need it?
    If the ATO insists on it with their stupid STP, then link it to STP and nothing else.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to push files that’s uploaded in Xero Files to cloud storage (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox, and Sharepoint).

Purpose: Users can easily store/keep their files that they’ve uploaded in Xero into their own cloud storage. Especially when they have many documents that exceed the limit of Xero Files.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We want to give access to reporting to one of our managers however we don't want them to be able to view all payroll information. Therefore I am looking for a function that can give access to all of Xero except anything to do with payroll so all nominal codes to do with wages would need to be invisible etc. Journals would another thing that needs to be hidden.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is really useful to know, thanks Josh - Though we don't have immediate plans for change around this, we really appreciate you sharing the detail of how you'd see this permissions working best for you. We'll keep an eye across this one here, and let you know if there are any updates.

17. i need tracking categories for bank accounts - my client has three different branches within the organisation and all have their own bank account. i have managed to create tracking categories for income and expenses but Xero hasnt provided the function for bank accounts. So when drawing the Financials the bank accounts dont reflect with each relevant branch. Is there a way that this function could be created/considered or has anyone have any recommendations on how to bypass this problem?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate seeking options from your community here too.

Trying to think into this one - when you draw funds these statement lines would be reconciled to an equity account in the business? In theory the Tracking would be recorded when the item is reconciled to this account ? 

Please do let me know more detail if there's something I'm missing in here? 

18. Every month I publish, export and share reports with certain individuals. I would like to do this within Xero. I set up users who can have "View published reports" access. When I publish a report I can then select that report and choose which of these users I wish to share it with. The user is notified, can login to Xero and is then presented with a list of published reports that have been shared with them. It keeps all the functionality native to Xero.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The History and Notes in Advanced Settings does not include the action of Emailing (or Sending) an Invoice (or any other document), yet this action appears on the individual Invoice History.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I cannot attach a credit note file to a new credit note directly from Xero Files which is frustrating, it would be really helpful to have this as an option.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?