Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4117 results found

1. We need sick leave to be recorded in days to line up with current NZ payroll legislation. 10 days sick leave. The current settings in hours only work for people who work the same hours on the same days. Anyone with variable hours or different hours on different days this does not work and manual accrual needs to be kept outside of payroll. Then leave balances need to be manually adjusted which is a lot of work. This has been an issue for many many years and would be good to get fixed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When I am in the 'Account transactions' tab there is a search/filter function that enables me to search for transactions that have been reconciled. I would like something similar in the 'Reconcile' tab, for transactions that have not yet been reconciled.

The reason for this is that I reconcile my transactions quarterly along the timelines of my VAT return. So I have many suppliers that bill me by Direct Debit monthly such as energy, bank, subscriptions, raw materials etc - in fact most of my transactions are repeating monthly.

So my process at the moment is to log into a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In the Classic invoice system I am able to go to FILES, ADD TO NEW INVOICE and see the file I have attached. I can then add all the information to the invoice (it being an invoice generated on a different software, so I am actually importing an invoice to add to Xero). On the NEW INVOICE system I am unable to do this unless I add the customer name first! I don't know the customer name until I import the invoice from FILES then open it up and extract all the information I need. I don't want these going…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be incredibly helpful to be able to update multiple notes at once. For example, if I have a list of 300 invoices and a statement has been sent, I want to see that note on each invoice, so that anyone going into that account can see the last action. So for example, I want to add the note 'Statement sent today requesting payment by 19th April' to all 300 invoices, but I want to be able to select them all and add that note once, not 300 separate times.

It would be so helpful and would save a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be helpful to have the option of extracting the short-term cash flow projections into a pdf or excel spreadsheet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It is crazy to not be able to filter History and Notes by notes. What good does a note do me if I either have to:
    1. Go to the customer to see if there is one OR
    2. Have to read through all of the "Edited", "Credited" etc just to find the notes.

Also make it so the notes can be filtered by customer/supplier. Notes do absolutely no good if they cannot be accessed or looked at easily.

The attached has been filtered so the type is ONLY customer. I highlighted the items that are desired. All the rest…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show the variance between the bank and the Xero statement balance on the dashboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We would like to see customers contact person's name appearing on the invoice we send. One customer can have different people/contacts for different projects/invoices. Currently we can only pull out the PRIMARY contact's name to the invoice, which means if we would like to add a different name, we have to REMERMBER to edit customer's primary contact to a different person. It is very time consuming and easy to forget too.
    Is there any ways we could simply add a contact person against each invoice instead of against each customer? It could be any extra fields we can use, even…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. previous invoice pricing to a customer, I want to see who i sold it too so i can do the same pricing, Instead of the history of products and invoice just say Invoice and Bill

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The feature request is to allow the defining of current liability accounts for pay items with pay types set to Deductions, Payroll Taxes, and Post-tax Deductions. This will enable the tracking of payroll source deductions and taxes necessary for remittance reports to the tax authority (such as EI, CPP and income taxes for T4 and T4 summary completion in Canada).

There are two ways I believe Xero developers could achieve this goal.

Below is an explanation of what currently happens during pay runs:

For pay items with a pay type set to Wages, Allowances, or Non-taxable Allowances, the journal entry…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We print packing slips for every invoice we print, since the changes xero has made it has added another step in out process, we are all about streamlining our processes. We would like to revert back to the old way as this is adding time and is also adding more unnecessary files to our computer system. please help us to streamline this process again as the current system doesn`t work for us

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We need a Revaluation feature for Fixed assets. This can be used in lots of fields like: real estate, logistics/transportation, farming, marketing, trading etc.

Actually lots of business around the globe needs this feature and it has been requested multiple times already.

Number of similar apps have already implemented it significantly impoving user experience.

Otherwise, we would appreciate if XERO team at least revert with instructions (workaround) of how Revaluation should be done using their current app functionality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We would like to have some additional fields so we can work easier
    For example we can add the info of user (eg full name and email) who create the transaction (eg quotation) into the quotation template

so the end user can contact the right person and easier for tracing

also suggest to provide few custom fields for us

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When generating a quote or invoice, we've noticed that the [Customer First Name] placeholder doesn't work if we haven't added the customer as a contact beforehand. This process is time-consuming, especially when creating a new quote. Is there a way to customize the quote/invoice creation process so we can include the customer's details, like their first name, without having to create a separate contact?

Please, this will really increase productivity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Bovi, trying to understand your idea here. When you say you'd like to include the customer name without adding the contact. Is this for a 1 time customer? 

When using new invoicing you can add a new contact while you add the invoice?

15. UK Payroll: Allow each payrolls to book to different accounts.

Most consulting firms have a set of employees on fees, the costs of which are considered as costs of sale in the P&L, and a set of employees in the back office, the costs of which are considered as operating costs in the P&L.

Xero already support multiple payrolls (and we use this feature) but Xero doesn't not support each payroll booking to separate accounts in the chart of accounts. We have to do an error prone manual journal for each payroll each payroll cycle.

I would be great if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have found you are able to customise currency rates in Purchase Orders, Invoicing and Bills to pay, however you are unable to amend this in quotes.

Please allow to amend in all modules

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We have 2 employees that will be taking 1 day LSL every week in the new financial year and it would be very helpful if there was a way to add in this type of leave request as a recurring request for the same day each week. Rather than having to add in 1 day leave for each occasion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am a new user of Xero. It is by far the most useful accounting software I've seen. However, my business is a UK Limited Liability Partnership which needs to submit annual Partnership tax returns, SA800. But Xero can't do it at the moment. Are there any plans to enable this process in Xero?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We have to regularly edit invoices from specifics suppliers to correct pennies in the VAT boxes to ensure these match. Using up valuable and unnecessary time.

We use another software with another company that gets this spot on every time, but considering we pay for Xero we felt it would be helpful to get the VAT extraction down to 100% accuracy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would it be possible to create a contact who is a "sub contact" of an existing contact. For example we perform work for a strata management company. Every invoice is made out to [name of strata company] but the contact details, email address and physical address are all the same - that of the management company. I would love to create [strata management company] as the main contact with all the strata "divisions" they manage below them without having to create a new contact for every single new building. What are my chances?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate where you're coming from with this idea, Kirsty. 

Right now you could create a Contact Group, and have each related contact assigned to that contact group. Get what you're saying with the efficiency when having most of the same details - for now perhaps importing via csv would help create these in less time. 

We also have an idea for the ability to copy a contact, and another for contact group statements that you might like to join and follow. 

We'll start to get a feel of the interest for this type of feature here, and I'll let you know if there's any change planned. 

• Don't see your idea?