Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4401 results found

1. We would like to offer our customers monthly auto payments for our subscription services. When a new customer subscribes for a monthly subscription, we would like to set up a repeating invoice in Xero and make the autopay mandatory for the customer to activate the ongoing subscription. Currently it is offered as an option to chose an autopay for the customer which is not practical for us.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Business features  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Can Xero create a "Delayed Send" function for the Remittance advices?
    As a school we often set up a batch payment and load this to the bank prior to the payment date - this is due to holidays, or the boss being away during actual payment time. This can sometimes be a week prior. To send the remittance that early creates confusion for the customer, and its often forgotten at the other end due to work load.
    I'm sure this would be helpful for other buisnesses as well.
    Many thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Xero offers users the ability to select between cash-based accounting and accrual-based accounting for financial reports. However, a major problem is that the inventory sales reports are based only on accrual-based accounting. This means the financial reports and inventory sales reports are never consistent. Please add the ability to run cash-based accounting reports for inventory sales (sales by item, etc.).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Cancel a Draft Invoice from Invoice Screen (rather than delete which loses the invoice number). Another user made this same suggestion and the Xero response was to hit the delete button and they then closed down the comments/voting option. However, her point was that if you cancel out of the invoice then the invoice number you cancelled out of is still usable, whereas hitting delete means the invoice number is no longer usable. Why has the cancel button been completely removed and only the delete function is now there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The payslip currently shows leave balances including leave booked but not yet taken, if you show the leave balance on the payslip. This could be confusing for employees leading them to think they have more leave than they do.
    Change this so that it shows:
    Leave hours left to book:
    Leave hours booked not yet taken:

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. So simple but not available. To record an absence i.e. sickness (unpaid) IN DAYS and to have a simple report showing dates and number of days sick.

The payroll reporting is so seriously lacking in all areas

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The leave process is not flexible enough. Once a request is approved, it can't be changed - only declined which is incorrect. Need to be able to amend/delete after approved. There should be the option to book as days not hours as our employees have day entitlement, this should also be able to be shown on payslip as days remaining. Why also is the leave balance report not being opened to UK

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reconciling funds - I need to be able to save Reconciling items while I'm half way through reconciling.
    eg - I receive large amounts via bank statement - eg $16,000. That $16,000 will be made up of 10 holiday home bookings. Then I break down each booking into cleaning, credit card fees, our company commission, Airbnb commission, etc etc. Sometimes there may be up to 80-100 lines of items. Currently I can not save and it is really frustrating as it can take an hour to do and then if I have to leave or can't reconcile I need to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. NZ GST - Why does the Late claims tab now show all adjustments made - even those with no GST on them. I only want to see the ones affecting the GST.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Option to customise sales invoice emails from XERO to clients - need to have the ability to decide how much invoice information is included in these emails. Specifically the option to remove the invoice line items from the email body.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to request the Xero add the feature to be able to approve and send customer invoices even when they have reached there credit limit in the new invoicing. Currently this feature is available in the classic invoicing of Xero. Xero are forcing everyone to move to the new invoicing from September 2024.
    We use an external software for our customer invoicing and then import these into xero the following day after the sale has occurred and email the invoices to the customer. Moving to new invoicing currently means that for any customer that is over the credit…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I normally add a copy(email download or photo) of any bill when loading it to Xero. It is easy to do with emailed bills but lets say a coffee bill, can take a lot of time. (Taking a photo, email it, download it and add it)

It would have been nice taking a photo of the bill through the Xero app to load it as a bill, from your phone.
    If a owner operator buy something it would make it easier just going into the app, go into bills, take photo and load it there and then... done. (I am…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As Payroll administrator, once I have opened a timesheet for a period, it would be great to have an employee selection box (similar to what is already in the Employees section of Payroll) so I can approve each timesheet on the open timesheet screen rather than having to go back to Timesheets and select the period and the next employee.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I want to hide the VAT line from below the subtotal on the 'Invoice email' template. I can hide it on the 'Invoice PDF' but not on the 'Invoice Email'. I'm not VAT registered so it currently says VAT 0%. But thus may look confusing to my customers. I would rather it was either hidden or removed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Most Small business owners like myself are not accountants. Getting Xero working and using the integrations with hubdoc has been lots of trial and error and frustration. It would be so much easier if as part of starting an account I had someone for the first month to get online with me who can see my screen and walk me through how to do all of the basics such as: 1. How do I correctly bring a receipt into xero through hubdoc so it matches to transactions I can reconcile? 2. How do I setup the quote system to work…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. CIS Deductions need to show at the bottom of the invoice on advanced invoice templates as seen on the standard invoice template.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. CIS Deductions need to show at the bottom of the invoice on advanced invoice templates as seen on the standard invoice template.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When reconciling the bank, I always like to start with 'quick wins' and attempt to reconcile the suggested matches first. After the recent improvements, surely it now makes sense to add a filter on the bank feed reconciliation screen to 'show lines with suggested matches'?

(This software coding must already exist because there is an option on the cash coding tab to 'Show lines with suggested matches' like in the screenshot)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For some reason "standard users" cannot see Manual Journals in the accounting menu.

Please allow standard users to access Manual Journals from the Accounting menu rather than having to go to reports. Its just a time waster.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Projects - Credit notes and journal entries - assign either to a Project

2 votes

We're glad you're here