Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4348 results found

1. The ability to make pay day superannuation contributions (on a weekly basis) prior to the government mandated deadline of 2026.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently all transactions from the Payroll Journal will pull through to the Cash Summary Report.

A suggestion to add a function within Xero Payroll to exclude the Xero payroll journal from showing on the cash report.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If a customer submits a comment on an online invoice, the comment is email to the user that created the invoice INSTEAD of the default reply-to email address that's set within the Xero organisation.

The whole point of setting the default reply-to was to ensure that all invoice queries go to a desired email address, especially before comments feature was created.

However now the comments get emailed instead to the user that created it, which defeats the whole purpose of having a default reply-to email address set.

Either it should simply go to that default reply-to email, or have another…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I login to Xero, I enter my email address and password and am taken to the second page (MFA).

I'm then asked for the authenticator code, but I have to click into the field to enter the code.

Xero knows that there is an almost 100% likelihood that the first (and only) thing I am going to do on that page is enter the MFA code.

Xero should automatically have the cursor in that field so that I can type the code without clicking into the field.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. After the hundreds of complaints about brute forcing people into plans they don't really need and reducing the options for users. I think it makes sense to introduce a new plan and pricing structure, which offers people the core basic functionality that it seems lots of subscribers use.

This plan could reward subscribers of more than say - two, three, four (or whatever) years with maybe a product called 'Xero Staple' (think of a fun, pun around a digital accounting platform that doesn't use staples), you could do wonders to retain your existing frustrated users who feel like a punching…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If I could go to client invoices that are awaiting payment, filter by name and select multiple overpayments that need to be refunded to one client, and then select "Refund" that would be super. Currently it is a time consuming process to refund multiple overpayments especially when each refund takes you out of that customers transactions and you have to repeatedly search for their overpayments to refund. Background for this senario... elderley client is no longer using product/service but is unable to cancel weekly AP due to health and/or they do not use online banking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Recently did the super and needed to add the TFN of each and every individual employee manually into the file.

If it's a required field for the clearing house file then it should be included in the super accruals report - obviously.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Repeating Invoices - automatic price increase

We have several client contracts which include 5% price increases per annum. It would be great if you could create a repeating invoice and specify a percentage to increase the amount by on its next repeat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Businesses based in Jersey (Channel Islands) are treated as Global Customers and so charged in USD.

As part of the British Isles I'd suggest we should be treated better within the UK bracket and be charged in GBP. Or be able to chose the currency of billing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. To be able to fit Xero to your screen without scrolling up and down all the time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Michelle, it'd be good to better understand your idea here. Are there any particular areas of Xero or actions where you find this would be most handy? In some places trying to squeeze everything to one screen would likely make the visibility quite troublesome - for example if you were viewing invoice list pages and have lots of invoices. 

11. New Invoicing - Type in Item - please change back to only searching start of field, as per old invoicing.
    Now that typing in the Item field in the new invoicing brings up every item with that word or part word in anywhere, we either need to learn all the codes, or make sure our items all contain totally different words. It takes ages to find the item required.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Budget summary by tracking categories. I would like a budget summary for multiple tracking categories please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Would like a red prompt on main dashbord screen if VAT return is finalised but not filed . Do not want to go into VAT return screen to be prompted. Small businesses like mine may not visit "VAT" from one quarter to the next if you think you are done.
    By showing on the main dashboard screen you would instantly see something was wrong avoiding a late filing and unnecessary HMRC penalties or fines.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi Xero,
    Thank you for your continued improvement with the software. However, my client who are into cash basis accounting would like to have Spend or Receive money feature on the mobile app as it appears on the web.

I saw a similar idea which you responded to it, but that option only works for those who have direct bank feed into their system.

My clients do not want to create invoices before receiving the amount when using the Xero app. The spend or receive feature will be a game-changer for my clients here in Ghana.

I have attached an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It's quite time confusing to fix auto journal each time. We have cost centres so salaries have to be allocated to cost centres therefore I have to manually split these. Same for NI employer and same for Pension employer

Deductions also contain cycle to work which has to be offset against cycle to work assets which means have to do by manual journal

It's good for some smaller businesses but not good to have AUTO POST JOURNAL feature in Xero. It should be OPTIONAL.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be helpful to assign an account to an email sent to Xero containing a receipt (similar to how this is possible in the mobile app).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Journal Entries, have the option to post the journal as either a bulk journal (which it currently is) or as individual transactions, so you can see a breakdown between each individual employee. This is will be useful if a client has medical benefit and needs to break this down between individual staff as they all pay different amounts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When I go to reconcile a conversion between say... USD and AUD (which I'm looking at right now) on two accounts (e.g. USD and AUD Wise accounts) I have to have both accounts open on my screen to know how much to put as the converted amount in AUD when reconciling the USD line (and vice versa)

It'd be useful to have Xero display recent matching transactions, as it knows roughly what the exchange rate would have been so can display the closest matching line items that could be transfers, so that we can select one rather than having to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Australia has leave loading, which is a payment intended to compensate people for the lost opportunity to earn overtime that they would have if they weren't on leave. There are business-wide settings, but because not all employees are entitled to leave loading, you have to enable it for each employee in their individual settings.

Currently, the tickbox to mark an employee as eligible for leave loading is down the very bottom of the Taxes tab in the employee card. It is very easy to miss, because logically all leave-related settings would be in the Leave tab. I would like this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Urgent Enhancement Request: Payroll Management for Overseas Employees

Dear Xero Product Development Team,

As a tax agent advising clients who utilise Xero for their business operations, I wish to bring to your attention a critical feature gap in Xero's payroll functionalities—specifically, the management of payroll for overseas employees.

Considering that Xero's pricing is positioned above competitors like QuickBooks, it is reasonable for users to expect robust functionalities that simplify compliance, particularly with the Single Touch Payroll (STP) Phase 2 requirements.

QuickBooks Online has set a commendable standard by implementing features that enable the management of employees based internationally with compliance…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?