Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4655 results found

1. It would be good to see the number of notes in the Notes Tab (perhaps in brackets, for example: 'Notes (2)'), so you can see at a glance, if there are any notes for the Employee and if yes, how many.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In the list view of "bills awaiting approval" it would be really helpful to have an option to display a column with the account the bill has been assigned to, and the VAT; this is the two items I need to check before approving bills and being able to just tick and approve most would save so much time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like to suggest adding the capability to generate Sankey diagrams within Xero. Sankey diagrams are highly effective in visualizing the flow of resources, such as money, energy, or data, through different stages or categories. They could be used to illustrate cash flow, revenue distribution, and expense breakdowns in a more intuitive and engaging way.

By adding Sankey diagrams, Xero could offer users a more dynamic and insightful view of their financial data, helping them better understand how money moves through their business, leading to improved decision-making and reporting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Dashboard - Account Watchlist to include current balance of account (not just MTD / YTD balances)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It is possible to look at a list of transactions for each item in the Sales by Item report. However, it is not possible to edit the layout to add custiomer location and therefore not possible to create a report showing both customer location and item(s) purchased.

That would be helpful, as it would show geographic market *********** by item type.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We have issues with staff not completing time sheets either at all, on time or with great detail. We are a small organisation and do not want to make this a big issue, so having a reminder when people log out of xero to complete their timesheet would be beneficial. e.g. Have you completed your time sheet? Is this something else other people struggle with?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please introduce annualised working patterns,which will enable unpaid hours to be worked out correctly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hello Xero
    Please fix the table content in your invoicing to auto calculate the balance of a split entry like a lot of other accounting softwares offer. Its very frustrating to have to use an external device to split an entries value. I am talking about GST free and GST active entries on the 1 invoice. such as insurance - stamp duty is GST free the rest of the invoice has GST in it - one has to use a calculator to split the payments up

thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please add an employee folder to save data to - I am sick to death of having folders everywhere
    on my desktop for such information when It could be all saved to the individual employee in a folder in there file. Much better time & information management

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi,

Our employees work standard hours each day, but in addition to this there are often additional items on their timesheets, such as overtime, trip and overnight stay bonuses.

The use of timesheet templates simplifies this process by automating the inputting of their standard hours, though due to the remote nature of their work timesheets are being submitted through the mobile application which does not allow the uploading of templates.

Can the ability to upload templates be added to the mobile app or a default template be added when creating a new timesheet?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please allow the ability to copy text from an invoice when uploading to Hubdoc. I have to have a PDF open as well, so I can copy/paste information from the invoice into Hubdoc.

Not being able to copy/paste means there is more room for error, as you have to type out each detail.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ALL report filters should EXCLUDE archived and inactive items with the option to Include them as per the attached.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When a customer pays, could the find and match box show outstanding invoices for that customer instead of all customer outstanding invoices? It would speed up matching the payment

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi Kelly,

Thank you for all your help with the new invoicing layout.

Would you please ask the product team to enable a tick box, or the ability to edit the header of an email, to remove the value of the invoice?

Please see attached image to see exactly what I'm referring to.

Kind regards,

Andrew Chadwick

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Expenses, the Categories field should be wide enough to display the text on the website. Note that the mobile app works fine.
    Or there should be the ability to nest categories.
    As a web developer, widening the Categories field should be trivial. Apparently not according to Xero support....

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would also be a lot more practical to assign the expenses to projects in just the same way as it's done in invoices, instead of assigning them via the project tab. I notoced that not all expenses are taken into account and I had to go back to each bill to redo the project assignment to make sure that everything is accounted for, and even then, i find that there are still gaps.

The invoice project assignment method has the merit of showing what was assigned or not.
    Having said this, it would also be very useful to have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, Prepayment invoices use the regular Sales Invoice numbering. It would be neat to have a separate Prefix for prepayment invoices (e.g. PPI-0001).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When importing bank statements, it would be very useful if we could select (already in the csv perhaps) whether the payment is to be a Direct Payment, or rather a Prepayment.

We receive almost exclusively prepayments, and I find that when I import the statement, that I cannot select that the income lines should be treated as Prepayment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like Xero to consider their loyalty to existing customers ... I have been with Xero only for the last three years and my subscription has gone from £28- to £30- & now is going to increase to £33- +VAT per month ... The increase has been imposed on customers under the "Guise" of Xero changing the Plans names & restructuring of the Plans ... Xero have made a decision to move you on to a new Plan by "Default" , however have been crafty enough to at the same time INCREASE THE PLANS PRICES ... I could move…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think it would be fantastic if expenses were able to be linked to payroll/ pay run. Expenses are great and the app is really easy to use but from a processing point, most firms pay with their the payroll. You currently you have to create a expense suspense and clear the expenses to that and then manually add the expenses to payroll which also get posted to the expense suspense- it all a bit of a hassle and would be fantastic if the expenses could just be added to payroll, in the same way the leave does.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?