For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4401 results found

1. Pretty simple.

I would have thought it is easier to hold onto existing customers, rather then lose them in favour of new customers.

Xero, please look after your current customers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. To be able to add projects within new sales invoice like you can in classic invoicing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Debbie, it is currently possible to assign items of your invoice to Projects you've set up.

There is now a column for Projects in new invoicing - If you're not seeing this by default, you should be able to click the 'Show/hide fields' button to add this to the grid view.

Does help with what you're after here?

3. Automated bank rule reconciliation.

A choice for a bank rule to be automatically reconciled - once created a option to select if you wish for the bank rule to be reconciled to remove the need for manual reconcile.

This would be ideal for monthly direct debits and standing orders e.g. bank charges, drawings

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. URGENT!!!! The new invoicing is quiet frustrating. It doesn't remember past settings when emailing the invoices. So now I need to remember EVERYTIME I send an invoice to click 'send me a copy', which I know I'm going to forget especially if I'm in a rush.

ANNOYING!!!! There's an added step now to attach a pdf. I now need to click add files then drag the pdf, instead of simply dragging it and clicking to send with invoice or not.

It would be good if the Save & Close button had and 'Email for Approval'. I email invoices (unapproved). Once…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your feedback, Brooke.

I see you have a few different ideas wrapped in the one here and we have some existing ideas for some of your points that you may like to join.

It's best for us to keep individual ideas separate so we can get a sense of the interest in each and keep users updated of any development.

I've adjusted the title of your idea here to represent the last note you've made around the size of text. Being open this isn't something we have plans for atm. We're looking into possible changes for the invoicing grid that you can stay up to date with here, otherwise you may also like to try zooming out on your…

5. When you are entering in date ranges, you used to be able to press tab once and it would jump from the first date to the second date. Now it takes like 7-8 times. This is an inefficiency that seems to have only started a few days ago.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We will be happy to see the attachment function for quote and po.

As the construction company, whenever we send out Po and quote, we need to attach drawing.

We are desperate for the attachment function of PO and quotes.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. new sales invoice freight price defaulting to end of line after cents, all other lines default to beginning of price. i.e $30.00 freight you just enter as $30.00 HOWEVER with the freight line goes to end of cents so if you are not careful you enter freight as 0.0030 in error.
    see file

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ian, are you tabbing across to this field or entering the cursor of your mouse? If you have an inventory item saved as 0.00 and you click the cursor into this field depending on where this is sitting it could click into the cents.

I'd maybe recommend trying to resave the item in your products and services with either the common rate you'd have for freight or leaving this as no price for sales to see if this helps the trouble you're having here with this item.

I see you've also come into support on this which sent you here, however if you continue to have the same trouble I'd recommend coming back into the team and asking them to take a closer look at the item you're having trouble with as this does seem a little out of the ordinary.

Let us know how you get on.

8. Given that we are now can add employees into different tracking/groups on Xero.
    It works well when we post a pay run and it puts all transactions in Wages expenses, super expenses, PAYG W and super payable, but not Wages Payable. Seems odd that it doesn't.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Payroll Overview Dashboard - Can you please make this editable so that it can be customised to what details we want to see at an easy glance? Also the Calendar populates all 'holidays/public holidays' regardless of what state/country you're in. This should be customisable so that you can opt to only have your relevant holidays shown.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A way to mark contacts as " preferred suppliers",( traffic light colours?) and a way to attach a document to this contact such as a hire agreement/ contract/ agreed rates/insurance documents etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When using quotes. When you go to a line in the description that already has information in it to change it or amend something, it highlights everything in blue and when you go to type/add/remove something, even if you think you have the cursor in the right place, everything that is in there disappears and you have to start again. This is very frustrating when there was a lot of information in there. you have to make sure you double or triple click it till the blue highlighting goes away before you type. it is very time consuming. This doesn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When invoicing, i usually do in large batches. The save and close function should be second, with save and add another first. Or have the option to edit so it comes first for me?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to evaluate cash flow by project. To be able to see when cash was received and payments made for each project. It will be a useful tool to manage a project and decide when to invoice and to know when we are funding projects from our own cash. At present there isn't a report which I can run to see cash flow by project. Could you please consider building one. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We have to travel to various different countries and if the expenses are not paid via our default EUR balance in WISE, then Xero would not allow to select a different balance than the default one.
    For example, an Uber ride in Kenya is paid in KES and seemingly always converted from a USD balance, which is not our main balance. When trying to reconcile, this has to be converted to EUR even when it was paid with USD balance. Loops and hurdles!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Colour label / code to for invoices (draft/awaiting payment/paid).
    (colour labelling in general is a great interface feature that avoids error!)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently, when you assign a leave type to a new employee, for all leave types other than annual leave and personal leave you have to go into that leave type on the employee card and manually change the leave settings to what should be the default for all employees. For example, RDOs should always be paid out on cessation of employment, but the default setting is "not paid out", and I cannot change the default setting, only each individual's settings.

I should be able to set what the default settings are, to reduce the likelihood of stuffing it up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great to be able to enter a date flag/reminder when a key anniversary arrives, so that rates can be adjusted accordingly. This could include multiple flags for rates, birthdays, leave anniversary etc etc, any key date relevant to that employee. Then payroll could run a report before each payrun, to ensure rates have been increased at the right time, saving external records, and potential missed/underpaid wages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be fantastic to have the ability to add a web link or QR code to a Googe review page or other external link (website, facebook etc).
    When an invoice or receipt of payment is sent it would be great to follow this up asking for client to give feedback on service provided or to have them follow along on social media etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. What if Xero wasn't a steaming heap of **** and you know actually just worked for $90 a month?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?