Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4068 results found

1. At the moment Xero doesn't seem to have a provision wherein only active items can be downloaded from the Inventory List. I think this is an important and effective feature that needs to be implemented.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When emailing an invoice to a customer there is an option to insert a link to the invoice. However the link is always placed at the end of the message and I have to cut and paste it where I want it in the message.

Could the link not be inserted where the active cursor is instead? Saving the user the hassle of moving the link.

See mock up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The current screen and filters for Xero timesheet is not user-friendly. In particular, firstly, it would be great if the Employee Name filter allowed you to type and search. Secondly, if the Employee Name filter could include multiple names that would be useful.
    Lastly, not in the filters, but the tick boxes for each timesheet - if the tick box was bigger and next to the line, instead of in the timesheet line this would help. The way it is at the moment, it is too easy to accidentally go into a timesheet instead of ticking it to select for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We're looking to add an indicator as to subscription ownership for the Xero HQ client list. This is just to say if the organisation is billed directly to the partner or if the partner is invited in and the client is responsible for the subscription.

This will be crucial for the Spark and Helix rollout to help customers work through with their clients and get subscriptions updated. We also believe this could help with transitioning some organisations from being partner billed to direct billed which will increase revenue for Xero.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Strategy Theme: A winning GTM Playbook

For the promo code piece we would love to level up our user experience along with promotional ability and pass through promotional codes from the URL. We are now looking to use in product messaging to users via Intercom and one of the downsides of this is that once the user clicks the link to the buy flow they loose sight of the promo code and then don't upgrade as they don't see the offer they expect.

We can use this additional functionality to :
    1. drive Spark and Helix, but
    2. help with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can we have added the ability to split an expense new claim over more than one account from within Xero me, or at least be able to edit this from within Xero once claimed submitted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. To be able to clone your current organisation into a temporary organisation within Xero, so that you can import data from an old legacy system (spreadsheets, databases etc.) and then validate the results in Xero before importing/copying that data into your current organisation.

Simple to implement, you could suspend data entry and live bank feeds to the current organisation, copy it to the temporary organisation, import the new data, validate the temporary organisation is correct, then just rename the temporary organisation to your current one and enable the live data entry and feeds.

Similar to the Demo Company in Xero…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There is no warning that states that transaction can be missed when the bank feed is being renewed.

There should be a warning stating that during the time of renewal of bank feeds you will need to check in ensure all transaction/ stateliness have imported as some could be missed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Expenses - need better sorting and viewing of expenses for all employees. You can only sort by employee.

Ideally I would like to sort and search the same way you can with Purchase invoices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. With Classic Invoicing, you were able to edit the billing address straight from the invoice. With New Invoicing, we are not only unable to edit the address, we can't even see who the invoice is attention to until we print the invoice.

Please make sure the full billing address is available on the invoice screen, and also make it possible to edit who to attention the invoice to straight from the invoice (and not have to go into the contact to edit it, then edit the invoice to update the contact information) as this can change depending on who made…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please show the date of invoices in billable expenses.. It is easier for us to search the invoice..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When merging contacts, you start typing the name of a contact you'd like the currently open contact merged into, and a list of similarly named contacts appears (including the contact you're getting rid of by merging it). I'd like to be able to open each of these in another tab from this list, so I can look and see which one I actually want.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Freya, maybe slightly different to the flow you're used to here. From the Contacts list you could search and then hold down Ctrl and click on the contacts you'd like to look into closer. This'll open each in a separate tab so you can inspect them before you select the contacts you'll merge? 

13. A report that shows current annual leave hours, plus leave available to take in advance hours for each employee. It's very time consuming to have to calculate leave if you want to give an employee leave in advance. Using the "show leave available to take in advance" option in the employee set up tends to give the wrong balances on the employee payslip which leads to confusion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As a workaround for an issue caused by the obsolete Xero payroll service, Xero support suggested that I use the "edit layout" feature to group 2 accounts in the report. However, Trial Balance does not have an "edit layout" button, so I am stuck displaying 2 accounts that have canceling balances. One of the accounts is the system Accounts Payable account so I am not able to resolve the issue "correctly" with a manual journal entry. Editing the report layout is my only option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. With the new Direct Pay, you cannot send the remittances in one click as you can when using the payment file option.

You are expected to click on each payment one by one and click send remittance, this takes more time than the other way.

Please could 'send remittances' be a button that sends to everyone after making the Direct bank payment? They are grouped together when making the payment - could there be a tick box to say 'Send remittances to Suppliers' before pressing 'Pay' perhaps? Or after the successful payment, a Button to 'Send remittances'?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Square & Paypal payment texts.

Currently if I add square and paypal payment options to my invoice the Pay Now pop up at the customer end is confusing. The 3rd option which is a Paypal guest passthrough for credit/ debit cards does not have paypal branding. So customers might be confused by options 1 and 3 and I might have to pay more for paypal fees when not needed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can we please have the option to EXCLUDE fund codes from I&E reports rather than include? We add new fund codes regularly and with 17 schools this means I need to edit the layout of so many reports each month. If we could simply exclude the ones we don't want I would not need to edit the layouts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Able to add on new column for below items:
    1.Serial Number for each item
    2. Unit number for each product (eg. set, nos, sqft.etc.)
    3. Headline (can be drop box) in description

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Carmen, appreciate your needs here. It's not possible to include fields on an invoice template that don't exist in Xero. Right now we have a few separate requests for a reference at the line item level, and the ability to add unit of measure when invoicing from Xero that you could add your vote too. 

In relation to your 3rd point around a 'headline' would this be similar to being able to include a title like on Quotes - similar to this idea?

20. Ability to include serial number and warranty on Fixed Asset reports

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?