Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4401 results found

1. Edited Leave request date sends a notification to the employee for the wrong date. We recently had an employee request an RDO for 19/07/2024. After discussion with the employee this date was not suitable because the employee was due to provide training to a customer this date so we agreed to change the date to the following week (26/07/2024).

I then edited the leave request to be for the 26/07/2024 and approved the request.

The employee received an email notification that their request for leave on the 19/07/2024 was approved!

The employee then contacted me because they were confused and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. BAS due dates should appear on the Dashboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sales Tax exempt form management in the U.S.A. Currently every year we have to manually ask and upload customers sales tax exempt certificates and update their tax status so we charge or don't charge sales tax. Would be nice to have a some sort of system where the customer is notified once a year and self uploads their tax exempt certificate which is linked to thier contact information. This would save alot of hours.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We have global sized clients who issue us with contracts that need to be set up as separate entities under the same business name. you would think that the unique reference number box would work in tandem with the primary business contact name. This is especially important when setting up repeating invoices. I currently put the business name eg: Boxspan National and add a sub heading eg: Boxspan National [Diamond Project] . Now we have been advised that we can no longer do that as their accounting software will not pull the invoice through to the correct business entity. If…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently, Xero facilitates bank feeds with Investec (South Africa) although does not allow bank feeds to be setup for the UK & Channel island branch - This connection needs to be setup.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Drop PDF directly into the sales invoice (without having to click "files") in the same way for purchase invoices. It is odd to have two different / inconsistent methods for adding supporting documents

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. KEEP CLASSIC INVOICING!!
    the new system date entry simply adds to work load!

The second part to enter on the invoice screen is the date, and the old system works well with a simple date picker.
    the new system required more clicks to get to the date picker???
    It is literally adding to an already busy work load!!! ???

I won't switch until this is corrected as it adds more work to operate!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Our business requires monthly monitoring of cashflow - budget monitoring is not appropriate for a seasonal business and includes valuation/depreciation which is not relevant out of tax year reporting. It also doesn't include movement of capital in and out of the business. Please could you consider a cashflow report, to coding level, which allows upload, for comparison, of a cashflow budget. Essentially, a Cashflow Variance report would be ideal!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unless I'm missing something, I can't seem to see the Item Code or Tracking Code fields on a saved invoice? They are there in Edit mode, but not when viewing a saved invoice? We don't need to include these columns on the invoice sent to clients, but do need to be able to see them for internal use without having to go into edit mode. Until we can do this, we won't be able to switch to the new invoicing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Changing an employee's surname due to marriage, for example, changes their details for historical payslips and all other payroll historical reports. Could a field be added perhaps that allows for 'maiden name' or 'previously known as' without disrupting historical info?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can we please get a upgraded bulk upload new employee feature that the template is not only for the basic personal info but also optional to include TFN, bank account detail, super account, emergency contact, leave type, pay template etc. basically uploading one file and the employee is read for payroll

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In the upcoming new Fixed Assets layout/section, if you sort a heading (Asset name, asset number etc.) it only remains for that particular session, if you close out, it'll default back to sorting via the Purchase Date when you re-open.

Proposing this remembers what the user selected.

Also if you select "Items per page" it only displays that amount of items for that session, then defaults back to 10 after re-opening.

Please make it remember the user's chosen setting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. During payroll you need to fill in each payslip save each one then after paying through my bank. you need to click post the pay run, then click pay run options click email payslips and select the addresses then click email payslips, then file it with STP.

It would be great if there was an option to click Post and Email payslips, then go straight to STP this would require less clicks that would reduce time each week.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Retain the This Make manual tax adjustments from the invoice subtotal in New Invoicing. This is a feature that I use as I have to import sales figures from an external program and the VAT figure is different by a small amount But I don't want to have to alter each line on the invoice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can see what you're meaning here, John. I've made a slight adjustment to the title of your idea that I think might help others identify with. We'll start to feel the interest out here and let you know if there's any change planned.

15. Invoicing - Only display the Item Code and Name when searching
    In the old invoice version, when adding an item it would search just by the item code which was great.

Now it searches and displays even in the item description, so now end up with a big list to scroll through with description also showing, and especially as the font is bigger.

Any chance this can be looked into and item search just looks at item code/name, without searching and displaying description,?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We use our own numbering system as well as the xero auto numbering system. For customer invoices that pay cash, bacs or on account we use our own numbering system that originated from before we used Xero. I just amend the invoice number section on xero when a customer invoice is produced. I have always done this so no issues with that. We use the xero auto numbering for customers that pay by debit credit card. So everyone that pays by card during the day all get added to that one invoice. But the auto numbering system on the new…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When paying a supplier bill, there should be a back button to get back to the same supplier to continue paying more of that suppliers outstanding bills due for payment once a payment has been made. Currently once you have paid a single bill for a supplier, you have to go back to the bills page and search for another bill or search for the supplier again, it takes twice as long as it should and makes more room for error (our company like many others i would guess need to check each bill against the products we ordered with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently there is no discount field on the credit note form which creates a fundamental flaw in the xero system. If you look at the attached invoice report you will notice that all credit note entries have no amounts in the discount column even though they all have discount. This overstates the discount amount when you calculate the total discounts because there are no discount credit amounts to correct the discount. We recommend adding a discount section to the credit notes form to correct this as the report is incorrect without this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a prompt to save a draft of an invoice when leaving the invoice screen to add or change a contact or address or check something.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I've noticed that Xero is retiring classic invoicing, and that the Xero to Xero link option is not available in New Invoicing. Xero to Xero is an important feature for many of our clients especially in groups where there is intra-group invoicing with many items on an invoice this saves a lot of time! Please add Xero to Xero to new invoicing. I also want to ask if Xero to Xero can please automatically attach the pdf version of the invoice to the bill created in the opposite entity as this does not happen automatically.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Michael, we have an idea for Xero to Xero in new invoicing and want to be open that this isn't something we'll be building into new invoicing however there is still a way to use this feature. You can have a read of my full post on the idea.

In relation to your second idea around auto attaching the PDF of an invoice when it's created as a bill in the recipients organisation. I'll slightly amend your idea for this here and we can get a sense of the appetite for this.

• Don't see your idea?