Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4124 results found

1. In the new invoicing it is possible to add a customers credit onto their invoice from the bottom of the screen however the old version would have a pop up asking if you would like to apply the credit.

Can we change new invoicing so that it pops up asking for confirmation as this is easily missed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Amy, when you start entering an invoice for a customer that has credit you'll receive a notification in the bottom right. Then, when you approve the invoice you'll receive a prompt to let you know that you have credit for the contact and would you like to apply it. Or is there a different place in this flow you'd expect to see the prompt? 

2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A separate section within Xero that allows you to handle and process client money. This does not appear in the main balance sheet but operates independently. Client money is linked to the contacts but is kept separate from the business accounting. Cashbook operates in the a similar way with a bank link, but the client balance shows as a separate box. Allow payment of invoices from the client account to cover invoices. This would help small legal firms and other businesses that handle client money.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can Xero please bring back the function enabling the details to be printed with the Chart of Accounts. It was a feature when we converted to Xero, but is no longer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sorting bills or invoices under contacts by bill/invoice number or date or due date or reference, etc., Previously I believe that this was possible, now the only column is date and that's pretty annoying when looking for a particular bill number, etc.,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In Projects, when you are assigning an expense to an estimated expense, you have to press tab twice to begin entering the name of the estimated expense you want to assign it to. When the pop-up appears, you should be immediately able to start entering the information that is the only thing you can do in that pop-up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be great to have a 'pop up' of the debtor balances when creating an invoice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. All Actions relating to attached files should be recorded in History and notes, eg Attachment added from Files:Inbox, Attachment Downloaded, Attachment Deleted, Attachment returned to Files:Inbox

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Great that New Invoicing can now add attachments from the Inbox - Yay

BUT, the key functionality of being able to return the file to the inbox when it is removed from the invoice is still missing. Removing an attachment from an invoice DELETES it, Gone. Cannot be recovered.
    Tip: ALWAYS Download your attachments before removing them from invoices, regardless of Needing them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We have a 2 year old issue where we changed an employee end date then reverted a payrun. HMRC has not recognised the revertion or that the resubmission is the same data so we have a duplicate that we haven't been able to sort out.
    To avoid this pain for others, could there be a pop-up warning if someone tries to revert (or otherwise change) a payrun where an included employee has an end date set? Or if the end date has been changed? The details of how it works can be as is easiest to implement.
    See case CX0012556638…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make the Xero Me App receipt analysis feature (to autofill expense data) available to expense submitter users.

I was pretty surprised to lean today it is currently only available for admin users, despite it being a feature to benefit the expense submission process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great if you can display taxable pay for period and taxable pay YTD on payslips. This will help employees and employers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently there is no way to sort or search for unpaid invoices in Hubdoc. This renders the paid flag only useful if you manually scroll down the invoice list. Getting a quick list of all unpaid invoices would be really useful functionality addition and add a point to the paid tick box. I would use it every time I logged into hubdoc.

Given the flag already exists it would hopefully be a relatively small change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. What happend -
    I imported invoices with an invalid account number. When I went to review the imported invoices in draft, the new invoicing AI technology selected suggested account codes for me, almost to fast for me to notice the account code was blank

Why this is important -
    The "review draft invoices after import" step is critical in getting it right - I should be able to review exactly what I imported to see where the mistakes are. I can see this being an issue with integrations where invoices are imported via the API

What Xero can do - …

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The new and improved Payroll Employee Summary report no longer has the function to filter by Employee Group. I use this feature to calculation the payroll tax payable each month so I can separate out the different states which we employee staff. Is there anyway this filter be included in the new report or can the old report be reinstated until this is resolved?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want to disable Xero from autofilling my tracking categories on invoices. I regularly invoice a client but the invoice tracking category differs regularly. I'm sick of having to correct the autofilled tracking category to the correct selection.

There also appears to be a bug in this area. When I delete/amend the invoice tracking category that has been autofilled and then alter any part of the line item it reverts the tracking category to whatever it was originally, which is really annoying me.

this has caused my organisation major headaches now at the end of the financial year and is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Product - Streamline creating new variants of one product. It's common to have one product with lots of variants (size, colour, etc). They have different SKUs and description but the same cost price, sale price, accounting codes, tax treatment, inventory tracking. I should be able to create many products on one screen. I know I can do this by importing an excel file that I've created but should be able to do it within Xero.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Import the sales invoices to Xero with the PDFs being attached to the invoice automatically. I understand we can import sales invoices through CSV files but to provide relative documents to customers, we need to attach pdf manually. Would be great if this could be possible. This action can save time and possible error of attaching a wrong pdf.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please include the Sales Tax Exemption field as a column in the Contact csv template/import.

The new auto tax feature appears to utilize this field, and having to go to each contact through Xero, one at a time, to edit and update this field is very time consuming. Too many clicks to update a field for every customer contact a client has.

Tax affects all customers. It would be beneficial when rolling out new features such as this to consider what needs to be done to make such a feature truly work and be efficient. The ability to do mass…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?