Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

105 results found

1. I would be good to be able to carry out data analysis of each nominal code and therefore group the account transactions by month with totals rather than by week which will ultimately tie back to the P&L. This would make it useful when carrying out data analysis from the P&L.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kate, not sure I understand your ask here - is this within the Profit & Loss report, or is there another report you're running that you want to link back to the Profit & Loss report that is currently grouped on a weekly basis? 

2. We have a UK based client who have a presentational and functional currency in USD. There is no possibility of setting up this company correctly on Xero, as Xero only lets UK organisations use the base currency on GBP to link easily to taxonomy.

It would be very helpful if this could be set up.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jonathan, when you say presentational and functional currency is USD - does the organisation pay taxes in the US? If so it would be recommended that you pick US when setting up the org. 

Alternatively, if US is one of the currencies that the org regularly deals and transacts in but pays taxes in the UK it would be recommended that you select UK and the client is on an org that includes multi-currency in it's plan. 

We appreciate customers would like to see more capability with currency in Xero - most recently we have added the ability to run the newer Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Budget Variance reports in other currencies an org uses.  

3. SAP Field- ability to add a field for SAP# that is searchable and exportable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andrea, if you'd like to have a field to enter your SAP # into you could look to save this as the Item Code for inventory you set up in your org. You can search items from products and services in Xero , and export your inventory items so you'd be able to export all item codes if this is where you save your SAP #. 

If you're looking for the step further of being able to scan inventory into the system - this isn't something we're looking to develop for and you can see more on this from the idea here 

4. Aged Payables Overheads Report. Allow filtering by cost code.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you say filtering by 'cost code' - would this be an account or tracking category you've set up n the organisation, Kaytie? 

If you can also share some detail of what you'll use the report for specifically this'll help when sharing back with our product teams. It's good for them to understand how a particular type of report or setup could help a business. 

5. As an event company, we often receive bills months after the original project is "complete". I wish I could assign costs to "complete" projects the same way that I can assign invoices to "complete" projects.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Leah, when you've closed/completed a project it is still possible to add Bills and new Expense tasks to it. 

From the bill you'll be able to look up and assign lines of your Bill, or within the project you can simply add an expense. The only transactions you can no longer add once closed are Billable expenses, Spend monies and time entries. 

Is there a specific reason you need to enter the expense as one of these type of items? 

6. While performing a task of Bulk Income Reconciliation , I have to add Invoice one by one likewise 70123 , 70124, 70125 and so on. This is very time consuming task.
    Could we have range over there so that we can directly select all and reconcile the same.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there 👋, for the example you've provided here you could enter "701" into the search field which would search all unreconciled invoices that include this detail in the Invoice Number field. 

While not a definitive range this'd enable you to focus on a group of invoices in a sequence - Would this suit for what you're after here?

7. A report showing a summary of transactions not yet included in a VAT return, particularily for late claims

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. See Inventory Item Cost when doing a Quote. I would find it helpful, when doing a quote to a customer, to see the cost of the inventory item I am quoting on. Of course, it should not appear in the final quote going to the client, but seeing it, would give me more confidence in doing my quote and make it a lot quicker. Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be extremely useful to be able to either
    1. export the main data from all purchase orders / or
    2. be able to make up a custom report

Ie: Supplier, date / reference / ETA / Salesperson / dollar / Revenue identity etc.
    Used For: Sales team, Customer order ETA's etc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Take a photo of a receipt in the Xero app and upload directly to draft bills. Xero automatically prefills readable data.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When you create a new transaction you have 2 fields which identify the nature of the transaction - "Description" and "Details".

I find myself constantly copying one to the other. It would be really useful if Xero could auto-copy description across to details, and if you don't want it the same you can overtype the details.

Having content in both fields helps identify the item, and usually the same content will do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to flag individual bills as in dispute

Purpose | To enable review and ensure the business does not make payment for a bill when it's currently 'under query'

921 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, appreciate the want for more of an update from us on this highly voted idea. Since Kelly’s last message I am pleased to let you know that our product team has done some discovery work in this space. More specifically, exploring the different ways in which the problem could be solved in Xero, alongside understanding the technical challenges. The feedback you’ve shared has been really useful for our product team’s research 🙏

We recognise the importance of needing to know which bills are flagged, so people making payment can review whether a bill should be paid or not, to avoid inadvertent payment. Being able to improve this workflow is important to us and once we have solution concepts, we will be sure to reach out to this community for feedback.

Right now there are no specific time frames available as to when this might be worked on, but…

13. To have a report for NET Sales for a month. Currently there is a report that only shows what's payable with VAT (not all sales are vatable) so, when trying to reconcile with the in-house ordering program it becomes a whole big xcel spreadsheet exercise...... takes to much time. the report also includes Prepayments which are not goods sold, but money transactions in advance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi there, would be awesome to be able to have a column in the detailed general ledger which has the quantities from what you entered in the quantity column when you reconcile the transactions. This is especially important when figured is used with Xero. As it takes a lot of time to go into each transaction and see what the stock quantities are to get the group total.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bills: unapprove option

Have the option to unapprove a bill so it can revert back to draft/awaiting approval rather than having to void a bill and re-enter it.

424 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, we can see there’s lots of interest in this idea and appreciate all your feedback and comments. We absolutely understand the value that unapproving a bill would bring to your businesses. Unfortunately, while the concept is quite simple, the technical implementation within Xero is highly complex.

The good news is that our Product team is still keen to solve this problem for you. They have a possible solution and would love to hear your response to validate their thinking.

Put simply, instead of "unapproving", the solution would bundle the following tasks into a single action so that you can effectively "unapprove" a bill much faster.

• Void the bill
    • Copy the bill
    • Reattach any files (IF any) from the voided bill to the copy of the bill

A primary caveat to this is you could only action one bill at a time. So, if you had multiple bills that…

16. Would be useful to be able to have a button at the bottom of a page that you can click to jump to the top of the page instead of having to scroll up, especially when working a page that has many lines.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Susan, thanks for suggesting this one!

Whilst not quite the same as having a button that's built in to the page, you can quickly jump to the top, or the bottom of a page using keyboard shortcuts:

• On a mac, hit Command-up arrow. You can then return to the bottom of the page with Command-down arrow

• On Windows, hit the Home and End keys to go to the top and bottom of a page, respectively.
      Let me know how you get on with these, and if it's a suitable workaround.
  17. WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO GET MONTHLY SALES TOTALS OF THE INDIVIDUEL PRODUCT ID CODES

IS THERE CURRENTLY ANY WAY TO DO THIS
    WE HAVE THREE WAREHOUSE LOCATIONS PREFIXED WITH WAREHOUSES CODE AND 20 VARIATIONS OF PRODUCT IN SIZES AND TYPES AND WE NEED TO SEE EASILY WHAT IS SELLING MOST ETC IN EACH OF THOSE PRODUCT CODES
    IS THIS POSSIBLE

PETER J FCA

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Peter, perhaps the Inventory Item Summary report can be of help to you here. 

You'll be able to filter to only select the items you're wanting to view and can add columns to view Opening & Closing Balance or Quantities, as well as those sold in the period the reports being run - Does this help with what you';re in need of here?

18. When I run a supplier bill activity report it would be HELPFUL if the description column actually contained the description of the invoices, or at least the start of it. For example, say a supplier is for office rent then I put in the description what period or month the rent is for. Then, if I run a supplier activity report I would expect the ******** description column to show me the helpful description I entered. Instead I get INV Ref: xxxxxx which repeats the xxxxxx from the reference column next to it. Noe useful at all, and the info…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We use another software programme which exports all our customer details and invoices etc into Xero automatically. The other programme uses Google to create addresses. A lot of the addresses include te reo, so include macrons. When the text is imported into Xero the macrons cause non-recognition of the characters, so we end up with a mess.
    Surely in this modern world, Xero, an Aotearoa, New Zealand, developed programme, can be made to recognise our indigenous (Official) language, and allow correct te reo spellings.
    This is 2022 not 1922, please allow us to get this basic NZ requirement correct. Xero…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Karin, would it be possible to get a few more examples of names that you've tried to import and not have show with macrons? 

One of our team have tested creating a contact via import with the name Whakatāne (/mækrn, me-/) and this created a contact in Xero as shown in this image. 

It'd be great to better understand and see if we can look into this a bit more. 

20. An option within the employee page, once selected, to send app notification reminders that timesheets are due by specific date/time.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey folks, thanks for the idea and support here. We appreciate all the valuable feedback and ideas shared regarding timesheet reminders ⏰
    We understand that the ability to easily remind employees to fill out timesheets would make things easier and save you time.
    Our product team is currently investigating potential solutions for this but at this early stage there are no specific time frames available. We’ll be sure to let you know if there’s any change, though!

• Don't see your idea?