Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

177 results found

1. The new bills dashboard has weird oversized fonts and therefore appears busy and cluttered. Most of Xero has reasonable pages which are easier to read - like the invoice lists for example. This new version is not nice or professional. Not sure why there couldn't be an option for different view settings (the 'compact view' button does almost nothing). If this continues as a trend in Xero, we will likely move.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi James,

Thanks for sharing your feedback around the new bills screen.

I can confirm it’s not possible to revert to the older bills screen, and there are no plans to introduce this as an option.

The changes to the look and feel of the bills list are part of a wider technology upgrade that allows us to deliver new features more quickly in the future.

Just to confirm, I’ve attached a screenshot of the refreshed bills experience from my test org. 

I wouldn't say any of the text here appears weird or oversized, if you’re experiencing something different on your end, can you have a chat with our support team?

2. Cash summary report is OK but full cashflow forecasting and reporting (P&L plus Non Operating) is imperative for clients to forecast and track bank movement. This is available in MYOB Essentials (only thing it has over Xero really). Please please please

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, returning to the idea here. We'd encourage exploring Short term cashflows and Business Snapshot with Xero Analytics. These tools can give you deeper insight into how your business is performing and upcoming payments.

If there's something within these tools that you feel could further enhance your experience and understanding please do raise as a new idea and we'll can consider this as we continue to develop. 

3. Ability to set up Braintree as a bank account that can import the feed automatically.

Purpose: Users can reconcile the payment that they’ve made from Braintree without having to import the statements manually.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Totally understand why those that use Braintree as a payment service would like to connect this as a bank feed in Xero. 

Xero has an open API which enables third-parties who are interested to build connections with us themselves. If not already, we’d recommend approaching Braintree to let them know this is something you’d like to see. They can find out more on building an integration with us through our Developer Community or they can register their interest here

4. The ability to delete conversion balance after it’s entered in Xero.

Purpose: Deleting conversion balance will make user have more ability to make a proper corrections

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, it's not possible to delete conversion balances. If the date of conversion or balances are incorrect these can be reset - see our help

Being open we don't have plans for changing these work in Xero. Xero uses the balances entered to post the opening balances journals required.

5. There are so many disadvantages to the new invoicing. All my points have been covered in previous ideas so have voted for them. This note is to add my frustrations to everyone else's on this supposed "faster" way to invoice.

I have even had a customer say the GST was wrong and had to revert to the classic invoicing to fix then return to the new version.

This whole new version is not my favourite and I will be recommended to my clients to consider other software if these Xero "improvements" continue to disappoint. There are other improvements that disappoint…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, Kathy - I've made sure your feedback here has also been shared with our product team and thank you for also adding your voice and votes to specific ideas across the forums here. 

We will move the thread here itself to not planned, however we will continue to iterate new invoicing to keep improving the experience for all our customers. 

6. It seems to calculate values (unrealised gains) for international transactions we need exchange rates.

However after retrieving the rates from XE.com, as well as another provider, we are unable to pull the exact FX values used by Xero, which means we cannot recreate the value from Xero reports. This interferes with our ability to automatically reconcile and may cause confusion for accountants if they cross check.

Xero support advised us that they pull live FX rates at 11pm of the timezone of the organisation, however in general it is not possible to pull these live rates historically from XE.com.

We…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brendan, appreciate the detail provided along with your idea here. We have a separate community forum where you can log ideas related to improvements for Xero's API. While they have a few ideas around exchange rates what you've raised doesn't appear to have been requested yet. 

We'll close the idea in this forum but you're welcome to copy and paste your detail from this to create a new idea in the forum there where others interested can join and we have experts that can keep you updated of any changes surrounding this. Thanks 

7. Xero has the sell price and cost price of our products. When my sales team create a quote or invoice, why isn’t there a display of the profit margin on invoices and quotes to help them see their profitability?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. how can I revert back to , or can I revert back to the old quote system ?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your idea, Peter. Right now, we’re currently building a greater consistency between Xero experiences. And one of the projects that supports this is the quote modernisation - Read our blog here for more information. 

We understand that these changes might take a little time to get used to, and we don’t have plans to revert back to old quotes. But rest assured that we're committed to continuously upgrading our technology. So we’ll move the status of this idea as ‘not planned’. 

9. Custom Reports on Xero are not really true custom reports as they are limited to only some data.

On some other accounting packages you can include almost any financial or labelled data or contact.

We recently had to recall a product - we could report on which clients had purchased the product but could not draw up a report that included who purchased the item with their contact details or email alongside.

The info is all sitting in the Xero database but we had to individually look up over 50 email addresses to write to them about the recall.

This…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, while we appreciate feedback from you all here I want to be open that we don't intend on enabling the ability create a complete custom report that could include any data field across Xero. 

That being said, our Reporting team have put a lot of focus into Xero's new reports to provide more visibility of activity and transactions, and flexibility to our users in the way they set these up. 

Appreciate the specific details you've noted here aren't currently available in Xero - the closest would be Smart Lists however this is limited to customers at present - if this is something you'd often look up I'd recommend adding your support to the idea here. 

We'll keep developing on Xero's reports - so if there is specific detail/results you'd like to see in a report welcome to start ideas for these that we can gather interest on. 

10. The UK Payroll API does not allow payslips to be updated as it does in AU/NZ.

Enabling it like it is in NZ would allow all UK users to be able to upload Earnings/Deductions/Reimbursements/Accruals to the payslip electronically and save massive amounts of time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, sorry we haven't caught this one earlier! Having a deeper read, this idea is actually best suited to our developer community.

I've had a quick look and found this similar idea, that you can join and support 🙂

To help others find the best idea to add their interest to, we'll close this one off. Thanks!

11. Simply formalising the blog comments from others to have Import functionality added to PO's and Xero's "if there is sufficient demand".

+1 here

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We appreciate the passion and feedback we've received from customers about the ability to import and export purchase orders.

We want to be open, that we do not have a direct plan to build export and import functionality in Purchase Order any time soon. 

Our Product team in this space are currently focused on modernising our underlying technology so we can build new features, faster in the future.   

To give a clear message for anyone coming across the idea, we'll close this idea.

12. We should be able to see under each history which invoice template was used to send the invoice. This is a must for audit trail. Thanks Joana

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, appreciate the interest and rationale in wanting to be able to see under each history which invoice template was used to send the invoice.

We are working on improving new invoicing history that'll eventually include when branding of an invoice has changed.

However, we want to be upfront that recording the name of the branding template the invoice has been changed From and To is not something we'll be developing in the near term.

13. It would be ideal to have the option to add Wise as a card payment provider for invoices (instead of Stripe). Wise are now offering cheaper rates than Stripe and this would be a good option for some of our clients who pay our invoices by credit or debit card.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, thanks for your continued interest in this idea.

From the 4th September, we removed the option to add Pay with Wise to your Xero subscription for new sign ups, and we made the decision to completely remove the feature from 26th February 2024.

Our team is hard at work on an alternative bill payment solution that uses Open banking. 

14. Issue: Old reports Aged trial balance had print button;

Nikita wrote:To print the newer version of reports, you would need to first export them. You can do so in Google Sheets, Excel, or PDF formats.

My Reply: That's a pain when it was so simple before. We don't want to save the reports each time. Also from an Exported PDF, the print is at 75% so more difficult to read. Why change something that worked brilliantly? Print Button returned please

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback on the change in printing from old reports to the new. Being upfront, this was an intentional change to remove the print button in line with our commitment to environmental sustainability. 

We don't have any plans to bring this back, but as suggested you'll find in new report you can export to a PDF and print that document if you choose. 

15. It would be useful to be able to make a payment on account for suppliers, so that clients do not end up creating spend money transactions and bills which duplicates expenses.
    It's also better to be able to see if you are in credit with the supplier on the aged creditors reports, in the same way Sage Line 50 works.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Suki, to ensure your accounts continually balance payments do need to be matched to transactions entered in your org. It would be possible to create an Overpayment or Prepayment to reconcile a payment in your bank account prior to a bill being entered. Then once the transaction is raised it can be matched with the credit from the Prepayment or Overpayment. As you raise a bill for a supplier where there is credit outstanding you should be prompted to see if you'd like to allocate this. 

16. Can you please add the option to include or exclude opening balances for balance sheet items on the trial balance. It is often necessary to only use current year movements for tax planning, budgeting and other accounting functions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the thought, Christiaan. With so many different ways customers would like to view, filter and group items in reports our teams are constantly thinking where these features sit best in the framework of reports. 

We don't have plans for adding the open and closing balance to the Trial Balance report itself. We'd recommend making use of the option within the new General Ledger reports. 

17. All of a sudden it seems that spell checker doesn't work when typing an invoice, not putting in a comma or full stop highlights but not mis-spelled words. Has something changed? Maybe it should be automatic?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Kelly, Xero doesn't include a dedicated spell check feature. 

It sounds like you've been using the one built-in in to your internet browser. 

In this case, I'd reach out directly to their support for troubleshooting the spell check 😊

18. When running Payment Reports such as Bank Account Transactions or Accounts Receivable reports when you select the Column option of 'Invoice Number' the report includes Invoice Number in the report headings but does not actual provide the Invoice Number for each transaction. We would expect the reports to be able to show the Invoice Number field.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, this depends on the type of transaction that you're viewing in the Account Transactions report.

Payment transactions don't have an 'Invoice Number' field in themselves, instead they are associated to an invoice. If you have not entered a separate reference the invoice number it's associated too will show in the Reference column of the report.

19. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Paul,

Thanks for sharing this one! 

Having a quick read, I'd say this is one for our friends over on the API Feedback board.

That's the best place to share feedback and suggestions directly with our API team 😊

20. Would be really helpful if reports in Xero just stated whether the figures are GST-inclusive or exclusive.
    For example, the dashboard includes the total of unpaid invoices (which are GST-inclusive), but the Profit & Loss by month figures are GST-exclusive. I take figures from Xero and use in spreadsheets and it would assist to be clear about the GST status of figure used.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tim, appreciate wanting more of an indication if a report is contains GST. 

Although I've shared your feedback I want to be open that we don't have plans for direct change in the product, however I've also shared your feedback with our Content team to see if there are updates that could be made to our help articles on Xero Central to make this clearer.

Financial reports have a specific structure such as the Profit & Loss figures which doesn't show GST at all because it's not part of the business' revenue or expenses, it's something only shown in the Balance sheet as a balance in the GST account under liabilities.

For other reports in Xero like Payable and Receivables Invoice Summary and Detail reports we show (ex) and (inc) in the different columns, we also provide options to show Net, GST and Gross amounts separately, so it's a…

• Don't see your idea?