Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1397 results found

1. Currently there is no easy way to review the on/off status of invoice reminders for Customer unless they have an outstanding balance, and even then this is only on screen and not exportable, so either a way to filter the Customer list for those which have invoice reminders turned off, or just a report that can be run with a column for the reminders status (on/off and number of reminder sent) would be useful for better credit control review.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When Posting a customer invoice it would be very useful to be able to see customer address and ROI vat number so I can apply the correct vat code. ATM I have to go to contact details for that information then back into invoice posting

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gillian, understand it doesn't accomplish all of your idea here. However you can view a contacts address from the invoice. If you click on the 'To' field once you've added the contact you'll be able to view their email, postal and delivery addresses and telephone. 

3. When sending customer statements, we have a mix of clients who have email, and some who still get sent statements in the post.

It would be amazing if we could apply filters, like in excel, to the send statement screen, so i could say filter out all clients who have a balance greater than $0, but also who has an email address, so we can process statements, then reapply the filter to give all those without an email so we can then print all the statements needing printing.

At present we can sort by email or account balance but not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be good to be able to see the bank account details (BSB and Account number) on the new bill screen when entering invoices to be paid. By having the contacts bank details on the entry screen you can easily check that the bank details in Xero match what is on the invoice. This would save time of having to go and open the contact to check that the details match - not to mention save time of having to download the invoice so you can view it while checking against the contact. Being able to look at the…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When using search in Bills/Invoices Awaiting Payment, it would be beneficial to include an option to allowing to search or filter for "not" or "excluding".

For example, if I want to exclude a particular customer/supplier from the displayed results, I could search for that contact name and check "not" or "excluding".

Secondary, but in the same vain, when you do add the ability to search or filter by contact group within bill/invoices, this feature would also be extremely handy to exclude a particular group from the results.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adding staff working on a project without giving them access to Xero.

There is absolutely not need for staff to have access to Xero for me to log that they have worked on a project for 8 hours at £xx rate per hour.

I don't want to add this information to the ledger as the staff are payrolled so I cannot enter this as an expense but I would like to diarise time against the project so profitability can be calculated.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Simply the ability to create Recurring Purchase Orders (similar to the recurring purchase invoice) to select from so that information is prefilled ready to go for suppliers that we regularly purchase the same items from. Or you can use this as a template and add to or from with any other items as required.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Custom Invoice Template did not work well for Thai characters. I've used Tahoma font as suggested on https://central.xero.com/s/article/Change-font-layout-and-column-headings-on-invoices-quotes?userregion=true#Useforeignlanguagecharactersininvoicesandotherdocuments but the characters above and below letters are not display properly.
    Please find the attached for your reference.

I would like to ask for a font that can work well with Thai characters on invoice template.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Need to be able to add way more than 1000 codes at a time

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Yes that's right. Let's say you pay a subby £150 in advance and allocate that as an overpayment on their account from the bank feed. You then get an invoice from them a couple of weeks later for £500 and deduct CIS of £100 leaving £400 outstanding. You allocate the overpayment from the account of £150 and pay your subby the balance of £250. The system will only declare CIS on the £250 element of what you have paid. You have to know an overpayment has been allocated, reverse it and allocate the payment directly to the invoice for it…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We are a retail business. 15 companies and 65 shops across Australia. We currently have 285 different suppliers from whom we buy multiple items without creating purchase order as we order them on phone or online portal. We have Xero just to maintain supplier payments only.
    Now, many suppliers send us periodic invoices means one invoice for multiple deliveries.
    therefore, if we can enter delivery dockets header data only in bills to pay section just for records purpose we can track deliveries and assign them to Invoice once it arrives just like credit notes.
    So we would know that we…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I use Xero projects for freelancing and invoicing my clients and I track my time with the time tracker. For that, I need to open Xero or my app which takes time. Freshbooks had a time tracking extension which really worked great and I miss it so much. Is super easy and I can pause/ start the counter with just one click.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add simple manual and automatic backup schedules that can download data entry and activity on a daily, weekly, monthly or annual basis.

This would address everyone's fear of losing all our hard work inputting invoices, receipts, data etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'd like to see a chat /conversational interface like ChatGPT where we can ask it questions like

What was our profitability last month?
    Where is our biggest opportunity to cost cut?

If I want to get profit to $*** with the same revenues what areas should I focus on cutting the most?

The goal here is to have conversational chat with Xero to dig through the data that's there and find action items to improve the business finances.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea - Thanks for sharing, Carl. 

Not something we have in the plans atm but we'll begin to get a sense of the interest surrounding this here. 

In the meantime, if you'd like to get a view of insights from your org, you might like to look into Xero Analytics and Analytics Plus with Business Snapshot and Short term cashflows, two dashboards that give insight into your business information. 

15. Domestic Reverse Charge vat has been introduced in South Africa for precious metal supplies and allied products. Please could this feature be added to the SA Xero?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New quote screen has created a lot of extra steps in creating quotes
    i.e.
    - moved buttons out of intuitive workflow space
    - save button now hidden at top right instead of at bottom of quote
    - quote numbers less visible once saved
    - sending a saved quote takes a lot more steps

Understand the need for new framework but the workflow changes have made creating quotes longer and more complicated. Thanks.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There should be the option to overwrite or set 'default' descriptions when using the Xero app to upload receipts. When it says 'What was it for', a list of suggestions appears. At present it only shows the following options, none of which are applicable for a lot of businesses. Even a small adjustment to show 'Purchases' or 'Materials' would be useful

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like a feature added so that we can add a billable expense to an Invoice even though a payment has been made by customer. It is crazy that you have to delete a deposit from a client so that you can then add a billable expense to the invoice for tracking. Customers pay a deposit then goods are ordered for their job.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. On a multi currency company it would be better for the total amount showing due matches the balance of all bills as per the date they were raised.
    It causes confusion for clients when they pay a supplier, they usually just check total owed against the contact, if it's fluctuating to reflect exchange rates this means they may under or over pay the actual original bills.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Custom Reports
    The formula feature only appears to work for columns that are located to the left of the formula column.
    Each column has a name, surely the name is the important element and not the position of the column on the report.
    Can the formula feature be amended so that columns from anywhere in the report can be included

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?