Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4213 results found

1. Ability to set default reporting options (default to show account numbers, specify no. of results per page, your own date preferences), along with favourited reports - but have it linked to your Xero user profile rather than the client's file.

I work on multiple files a day and don't want to change their file settings - but manually changing to my preferred reports every time the page refreshes is exhausting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Declined quotes to appear in the activity list of a contact - At the moment they do not and the only way to determine if a quote was raised previously is through a search through quotes.

Since it is an activity linked to a contact, fruitful or not, this should be linked to activity list of the contact.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I had a situation recently where we increased an employees salary but they wanted to reduce their working hours by 80%. The salary is based on 1 FTE. There is no way to actually do this in Xero Payroll. If I put the FTE salary in (to recognise the actual approved salary increase) and set working hours to 8 hours a day 4 days per week the 1 FTE salary is paid out in full over the year. But it should only be 80% of that. So I had to enter 80% of FTE and reduce the actual work hours…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to automatically apply or allocate existing credits to future repeating invoices. When the client receives the invoice, it will be marked as a PAID invoice because the credit has been already applied in Xero. But only if they choose to apply the existing credits instead of a refund.

Purpose: Saves time in manually creating an invoice to apply for the credits

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow a timesheet to be created for the week ahead of the pay week. This allows employees with standard hours to enter their hours in advance. It also allows managers to run payrolls in advance if circumstances need it

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As it stands the "template" is largely superficial, whereas a template should be meaningful.

When I think of invoice templates, I think: unit prices, quantities, etc... much like your "repeated invoices" except the repeated invoices don't include dynamic dates. Monthly billing for a team is a nightmare.

So either expand the templates to include meaningful features, or add dynamic dates to the repeated invoices. Preferably the second option so I don't have to constantly rebuild invoices for my team.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently the "Total Cash In and Out graph" on dashboard shows the total cash received and the total cash spent through all of the bank accounts in Xero. This graph excludes transfers between bank accounts as don't they affect the overall total.

It would be nice to be able to customize that graph to exclude certain transactions. Ie. if a shareholder loan is made, this would show up as cash in.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I understand the ATO requires you to enter 2FA daily, but that doesn't mean the tickbox should uncheck itself every day.

If I tick trust this device on Monday and login using 2FA, I can then login without 2FA for 24 hours.

After that 24 hours, I need to login using 2FA again AND I have to tick the trust this device box again to get another 24 hour reprieve.

Let us tick the box or another box that will remember our choice ongoing. So each day I only have to login using 2FA again but my choice to trust…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Most businesses have their employees incur expenses, such as mileage, which are chargeable to their clients. This means that the expenses need to both be added to invoices to clients and paid back to employees. This should really be done by simply getting employees to submit their expenses using, for example Hubdoc. However, at the moment, the systems available allow to to only one of the 2 things described above thus creating a lot of unnecessary admin work and potential inconsistencies between what has been charged to clients and what has been paid to employees.

In large companies there is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be really great if we could add a description to a Batch Deposit, instead of it coming up automatically as "Payment: multiple items"
    I know we can add a reference but being able to put your own description would also be great too.

Cheers Janice Nuttney

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi, I will be looking after the credit control activity of the organisation I recently joined. After looking at the portal, I think it would be useful to be able to create alerts for specific schools, for specific dates, reminding me I need to contact them on those days and be able to switch reminders, on or off, with the opportunity to select the dates (ex if invoice not paid by ... the reminders will switch back on automatically on on the date I set up). Do you think this functions can be implemented presuming it would be useful to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Samantha. There are a lot of different types of alerts and notifications that our customers would like to see Xero develop. 

When you mention credit control I wanted to highlight Credit limits that can be set for a contact and may be of some use to you here. 

There is also the ability to set Invoice Reminders for when invoices are overdue and you may want to set up for contacts. 

We don't have other alerts or warnings planned at this stage but will begin to get a sense of the interest for your idea here. 

12. Ability to set reminders/notifications to raise next invoice in Xero Projects

When raising the quote, which details the scheduled dates that the customer will be invoiced, it would be useful if you could set a reminder/notification on the project to tell you when to prepare and send the next invoice out.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like Xero to automatically lock the ABN on a client's file after the first STP event has been lodged. This will prevent clients changing the ABN when they change the entity's structure and reporting STP incorrectly across two ABNs. Undoing this mess is a nightmare.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback so far, everyone.
    We're currently looking at ways we could help fix double counting for issues at the ATO that have been made due to changes made to an organisation's ABN/Branch number and it'd be great to get input and further feedback from some of you here to help us understand and solve these issues. 

📝If you're interested in participating in this research and would be available to connect (this week) on 24th or 25th November 2022 - Please click through and complete this short survey. Thanks 🙂

14. Ability to use backorders in the Purchase Orders.

Purpose: Users can easily know which purchase orders have backorders.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Tracking Quotes - same ability as Invoices to see if the invoice was sent.. viewed.. accepted or denied would be awesome.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be productive to see if a contact is registered for CIS/verified and their status on the contact account page - where the group info is listed.
    Otherwise the only way you can see this info is by clicking edit the contact. And include a signal/sign on the contacts page next to each CIS registered contact so that they can be identified easily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Xero feature to add pay items by default to payslips even after timesheets are approved.

The issue we face now is that once a timesheet has been approved , if we go back into the payslip, those defaults item disappears and we need to manually pick those from the drop down list.

It would be great to have that feature where earnings rate items are saved even after the timesheets are approved.This will also save us time in choosing, extra pay items such as commission, vehicle claims, bonus etc. from the list.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can we please have a function where we can filter the data based on the last payment date to show only invoices paid within the date range in the filter?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I want to be able to group/merge multiple expenses being on-billed into one line on an invoice, even if they're not a tracked expense.

For example, if a contracting company has billed for a fortnight of the contractor's work, but has separated that into two lines, each dealing with one week, on their bill, then the draft that is created when they e-invoice me will have two lines. When I assign these lines to a project and approve the bill, each line shows up as a separate expense to be on-billed. If I am on-billing the full fortnight, I would…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi all!

I'm a one man band IT business, and I've just started being put on retainer by a company which is great, however I'm finding accounting for the retainer to be a bit burdensome.

Currently, my plan is it add the retainer's ammount as a credit note at the beginning of the month, and then somehow nullify any remaining credit at the end. However, I was wondering if it would be possible to add a way of managing retainers separately and more efficiently from credit?

Or even just having the option to add an expiry date to a credit…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great to hear how you're currently using Xero with Credit Notes to manage this process for yourself, Joseph. I've slightly amended your idea for being able to set an expiry for a credit note as it's quite unlikely that we'll look to create a completely new feature for managing retainers. 

Having a quick look at some of the other ideas raised in community, it looks like some people maybe using SimPro as a means to manage these, alternatively you could explore apps in the ecosystem that may meet your needs. 🙂

• Don't see your idea?