Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4140 results found

1. I noticed the new invoicing option seems to be not user-friendly as you can't edit the account name there is no option, and the classic is much better. I wonder why that is?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Have the option to create nominal codes and assign them to CIS returns to allow for more granular review of costs. E.g. Bricklayer expense, Plumber expense etc.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow to create project templates to apply to task lists to newly created projects

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi,
    I have seen several posts about the Account Number not being searchable/usable within the system or via exports. Contacts' names can vary easily from the different systems used by a company and even between departments: ABCco , ABC Company Ltd, ABC Ltd... - the account number can solve these format issues.
    In my case i need to export invoices in csv to be then imported in another system, also the invoice standard template has this field (to be ticked or not) it does not get exported which is rather peculiar; that obliges our finance to maintain a mapping file…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If I understand correctly, you're asking to export the contact account number when exporting invoices from your organisation, Christophe? 

If so we don't have any direct plans for developing this at this stage. I'll change the title of your idea here slightly and we can get a sense of the interest from the community of this, here. 

5. Would like to suggest that Xero adds an option for the user to be able to extract activity statements exclusive of any taxes on the invoices listed on the statements.

This would assist calculating the costs of projects less the tax implications, especially for tax vendors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Zolani, is there any reason you'd like this specifically within the customer statement? 

Our Receivable Invoice Detail report may be of help to calculating the costs you're after, instead? 

You can select to include Net, Gross or tax columns in the report so you can see the breakdown when the report is run. If you only need to view for a single contact you'll be able to add a filter where you can select the contact you'd like to run the report for. 

6. We would like to be able to go next and back through GST periods/returns on xero. At the moment you have to got back into the GST report tab to see the next/previous period. You should just be able to click next or pervious off to the side

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the bank feed section. Please make the vendor history available when going through bank feeds. QBO has a button in the bank feeds called Categorization History. This way to do not have to go into a contact page to view how something was coded in the past. This is for things without rules.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like to be able to run a report that simply has overdue invoices, name, phone number, email. Ideally sorted by sales. Similar to the list I get when I am doing Statements but with a phone number in it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I need to run a report in Xero that sees the variance in purchaser cost price on a month by month basis for a product group not based on sales/bills
    Otherwise the only way is by an Excel spreadsheet

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Post foreign exchange revaluations in general ledger as opposed to income stmt and balance sheet only and does not print in transaction report

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I automatically generate draft bills from emails and the Payee is automatically selected. I want to setup rules (or even better re-use the reconciliation rules) to set the description, account and tax rates for each of the imported bills that are in draft.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Would it be possible to create a bill from within the files tab, into a new tab. When you click create bill from within the file tab, it allows you to create the bill but once you click save, it just shows you the created bill. You then have to go back to the files tab and re-find the next file you want to create as a bill. Would be much easier if you could right click and create the bill within a new tab, so that the file tab stays open at all times.

Thank you!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There is no options to insert automatic date formatting into the reports at the client level. When the "current date" insert field doesn't work you have to manually enter the date all the time. It would be easier to be able to insert "current date" field.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Would be great to have an option under account transactions date range for last two months to select to review transactions for a GST period.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I am manually entering a contact bank account number, I find it disconcerting to be warned to enter the bank account number after I leave the BSB code field. But I HAVE to leave the BSB code field in order to move to the Bank account number field! Leaving the BSB field is not a mistake!
    I think the warning would be better triggered if you attempt to click on 'Save & close' without completing both fields.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Looking at the mileage and expense app in the demo company, I noticed many fields need to be completed each time, such as bank account, categorised to an account etc. This level of detail should be managed by an administrator rather than an employee who is on the road and needs to worry about what code the expense should be linked to and the tax rate, and so on. All they need to do is take an image of the receipt, type a few words explaining the reason for the expense and then send it. After which, it is up…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please can the ability to calculate attachment of earnings deductions be built into the payroll module?

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. To deposit a payment directly to a supplier's bank account is an important method to process bill payment for any business. I believe that you know EFT 80 Byte File Layout mandatories in Canada, but the batch file export from Xero does not meet the requirement. You should have a plan to service EFT ASAP.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can we please get the ability to Import N26 statements into Xero either directly by live feed or by Hubdoc PDF import.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would be nice to add multiple permanent Custom Watermarks to your reports (i.e. one that says "For Internal Management Purposes Only" or something similar).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?