Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4132 results found

1. Purchase orders reset to 'include GST' ever time you start a new PO. Why does it not just remember the last setting like invoicing does. (Or an option to lock it to a setting)

2. Ability to add more information to invoices like customers phone number or email. It's an option. Saves warehouse staff or anyone having to look up the information. (At this time I use the country for the phone number and contact for the email)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  1. Please add cropping function on the app when you are adding photo of a business expense receipt.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Xero Payroll - Bank payment details - is currently restricted to BSB & Account Number.

This needs to be expanded to allow for PayID details as more and more employees utilise this.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Since the change to the updated Bank Rules page, it now defaults to 'Any Conditions Match'.

I have to change this to 'All Conditions Match' literally every. single. time. I create a bank rule, otherwise it defaults to matching almost all transactions.

This is a disaster waiting to happen.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing back on the change, Alan. It's difficult to make changes to suit everyone's needs, and changing the default from 'All' to 'Any' was carefully considered as part of the recent updates to Bank Rules. 

This was something users told us would be helpful as many more users create 'loose' rules to capture more statement lines.

Currently there aren't any plans to change this back. What would be more useful would be the ability to set your own default, but for now we'll begin to track the interest of this here.

4. Some xero reports can be run by last month, last quarter, last financial year etc. The above report can only be run by entering specific dates. Could this report have the same pre set date options added? This would be useful for client query lists for monthly/ quarterly BAS Returns, annual accounts/ tax returns etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Be able to setup the ATO integrated Client Account as a Bank Account and receive a direct feed fro the ATO (or relevant Tax Authority) for transactions including Penalties and General Interest Charges.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Could you provide an audit record of dates when and which courses have been completed in My Learning to keep CPD log up to date?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Transactions posted after a period end affecting prior periods

Lock dates had not been set and as a result, there has been a few entries in to the last financial year.
    How can I locate these entries?

I have tried a transaction report, but there are no parameters that I could enter.
    Ideally.

Example -
    Our year end is 31st August.
    I would like a report that looks for transactions entered between dates 1/4/22 - 21/9/22 that have a transaction date up to 31.8.21 (last year end)

In other accounting systems, you could take a unique reference number (URN) at…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kellie, you might find History & notes useful for getting the insight you're after here. 

Though it's not possible to filter by the transaction date - You can set a date range like you've mentioned to view activity that has occurred post your orgs year end and ability to filter by Item types so you just view the item types you're interested in. 

Keen to hear if this helps. 

8. Currently in European Countries except for the United Kingdom, the comma is used as a decimal separator not the dot.

Europe: x.,xx i.e. €1.250,55
    UK: x,
    .xx i.e. £1,250.55

For those Xero users invoicing to Europe countries It would be great if we could change the format of these numeric separators to better conform to European countries.

The only ability we have at the moment to customise this is to remove the comma separator completely and have no decimal places.
    i.e €1 251

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have an itemised subscription invoice by Xero Organisation, so that it is easy for us to on charge the costs to our clients.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be useful if we were able to select published reports in bulk to archive them, rather than having to do them one at a time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. On the Receivables and Payables Detail report, include a flag that shows when a planned payment date has been manually identified (as opposed to the credit terms due date). Will simplify cashflow forecasting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please can we have the functionality to add more than one gocardless account to one organisation? We have a client account where funds are directed to a trust account under one account and then our normal gocardless account and would be great to be able to include both sets of transactions (at the moment we have one linked and the other is updated manually at the end of the month.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pay Run Items should be into years.
    Eg. All payruns shows up when pay run is openned. Mixing all the years together.
    A screenshot is attached for your reference.

If we can have it grouped by years, it will be great and easy to identify especially as the years go by.
    Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I think it would be great to have a submit for approval option in timesheets on the web version just like you can with invoices and bills. I am a third party bookkeeper and therefore Xero Me isn't really an option because, I am not an employee so I can't really use Xero me and if a timesheet is submitted by an employee, it has to be sent to me for approval for editing to ensure it comes through to payroll correctly for processing as an approved timesheet cannot be edited in payroll. Not all staff are tech savvy and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. STP2 - Splitting allowances for all purpose from the hourly rate

We have employees with all purpose allowances - ie it forms part of the base hourly rate and extrapolates in to overtime rates and annual leave loading. I now have to take it out of the rate and pay as separate line items including overtime and annual leave multipliers.

Is Xero in their pay templates going to make changes to say have a tick box to indicate an add on allowance to the rate so regardless of the pay lines (that are set up as such) they multiply they…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community 👋 thanks for the interest in this idea! 

Just to clarify, when creating a new allowance pay item, you'll have the options to 'Contribute towards annual leave rate' and 'contributes towards overtime rate'.

This setting will include allowance type pay items in the calculation of annual leave and overtime rates. 

I can see the main request here was a 'box to indicate an add on allowance'. 

Can you confirm if this tick box in payroll settings solves that request? 

-Ethan M

16. P11 PAYE & P11 NIC annual reports, need to have an option to export as Excel, instead of auto downloading as a webpage.
    My auditor requested these in Excel format and there was not an option for this, it would make it much easier if these type of reports could have download options, so you could export to excel.
    This will also allow usage for tracking and internal auditing.
    Yes, you could copy all and paste into excel, but this isn't always reliable as sometimes it will paste it all in to one cell, (which is a pain to fix)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Sam, thanks for sharing this idea.

As you’ve found, it’s not possible to export the P11 reports in excel format. Totally understand that copying and pasting details from the .html file is a time-consuming process!

Just curious if there’s specific information required in the P11 reports that’s unavailable in our other reports?

You can find much of the same information in the ‘Gross to Net’ and ‘Payroll Activity Detail / Summary’ reports, and they do support saving as an excel file.

Let me know if that solves this one for you, and we’ll switch this one to delivered 😊

17. Please help us to create folders with an iPhones to upload our bills, statements, etc for our monthly uploads. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As the Standard user role is required to send a customer receipts for invoice payments or receive money transactions (https://central.xero.com/s/article/Send-a-receipt-to-a-customer), clerical staff assigned this role can view all bank account balances. As most business owners would prefer that bank balances remain confidential, adding the ability to generate customer receipts to the Invoices Only role would alleviate this concern.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a "DUE" Column to The new "Customer Invoice Summary" report if it is to replace the "Customer Invoice Report". At the moment the proposed change will remove functionality. We rely on the current Customer Invoice Report to update our cashflow. The proposed "BALANCE" column is not the same as the "DUE" data. "BALANCE" only gives Invoices not paid at end of filtered period rather than what is left to be paid period.
    Alternatively..... DO NOT RETIRE THE CUSTOMER INVOICE REPORT!!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?