Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4212 results found

1. By law one cannot claim input VAT on a supplier bill without the valid Tax invoice to hand. I wish to draw a report to indicate supplier bills that don't have valid input VAT tax invoices. This way I can adjust the VAT schedule to reduce the input VAT claim and don't have to manage this on a manual basis.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The company name used to be a hyperlink to take you back to the contact main page when you are viewing an invoice. Now it gives you a summary box of the company address - really dont see the value of this change. It has introduced yet another change to the flow of work that creates more clicks per action. You cant get out of the invoice unless you use the browser back button or Control-enter on the company name (twice) to open a new tab of the contact. Please restore the company name hyperlink to the company contact page.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing, Sally. This pop up that appears when clicking on the contact is the contact card. While not a lot of information is held here atm our team are looking into developing that out to show and enable users to edit more of their contact information without having to leave the invoice. 

Appreciate this does add an extra click into the contact card before you can go across to the contact record and we'll leave the idea here open to gather interest in a one click option directly. If there's any change we'll update you on this here. 

3. Sometimes time entries change, and there's no record of when or how..
    please includes history notes on time entries - or capture in the advanced activity section, history and notes, information on when time entries are entered &/or changed.
    Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Send multiple invoices together on one email to the same customer with one 'pay now' button (e.g. for Stripe payment) rather than sending multiple emails which seem like spam to clients !

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add an ability to be able to select a number of transactions to reconcile at once.
    When reconciling a bank account there are transactions like transfer/receive/spend money that get processed and then listed as unreconciled in the Account Transactions,

These transactions do not appear in cash coding. There should be an ability to tick the tick box and then select reconcile (similiar function if you wanted to remove and redo). I attached a screenshot

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Cheque payments should have the cheque number visible for matching in the bank feed. In the past, Xero cheque numbers were displayed with the payment informatio "suggested match" column of bank recs.

When you have 5+ outstanding cheques for the same amount, it was easy to verify that you were matching the correct one because you could see the cheque number on the bank feed as well as the payment. Now you have to drill down into "find match" and actually open the payment to verify. Very cumbersome.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The ability to select items on a PO to move to an invoice showing the PO is partially used/ invoiced.
    For example, if we had a po for 5 sets of £100.00 and only 3 sets of £100 had been invoiced to date, it would be great if the PO on xero could show 2 remaining.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Projects - Make the entire Projects experience better. Today is May 17th 2024, there are currently 300+ ideas, suggestions, and requests here related to Projects, few of which have even been responded to by Xero. It seems clear that Projects is the red-headed step-child of the Xero platform, always the last to the table when the development team starts talking about updates.

For those of us who run project-based businesses, the features requested on these pages are CRITICAL to our ability to understand how our business is doing. I'm calling on Xero to put more energy into building out Projects…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When processing an invoice for payment - request someone to pay option - an email is sent to my boss for her to authorise the payment and I receive the below message :

You have requested someone to review and pay a bill payment batch Xero business: (Business name)

Hi

A request has been sent to the following users in your organisation to review the payment details and pay

However, when my boss has done this, I do not receive any further notifications. It would be helpful if another notification could be sent once approved / paid otherwise there is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be great to have the following available on the Mobile App:
    1. Send Customer Statements
    2. Convert a Quote to a Draft Invoice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bank analysis page: i welcome the idea of having 50 items on one page on the bank , (could be more ) but it woudl be better if we could divide the bank date and description into separate columns so we coudl put them into date or description order. Some clients like to pay the same thing over and over again and useful to have that function.Hence why some people choose another software. thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can we have dates sorted out for chart of accounts so we can keep track of what is new?
    Since it's not possible to sort the accounts which appear in the Chart of Accounts screen by the date they have been added.

I want to be able to keep track of my new accounts (eg. sort by date)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Attachment previews are now tiny. With the pointless extra preview of other pages, it has shrunk the other main invoice preview and if you zoom in it is no longer wide enough. Even on my very large screen it is rendered pointless and the only way to read the info is to download. This is especially stupid on a single page document. Why would I want to know that the other sheets say? There aren't any. Please fix.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please can you remove the dog animation from the Xero Me app as a matter of urgency? It is unnecessary and has repeatedly caused anxiety issues for me (and I'm sure others like me) who suffer from a severe fear of dogs. It's just awful for me to use the app now - the previous expenses app had no issues in this regard. It should be replaced by a more relevant animation such as a timer. If this cannot be done, I will have to switch to Quickbooks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be good to be able to be able to adjust how the logo, amount or pay button sits on the email to be centered. At the moment it is left aligned and doesn't look the best

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can we have complete name of Chart of Account in Xero Expense. For eg, from screeenshot attached, we have x3 different Meal Chart of Account but as i can't see the complete name of the chart of account i have to go to different screen to find the right code.

If we can see/have complete name of the chart of the account when submitting/editing Credit Card receipt that will be super helpful

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to choose a cost limit for a fixed asset when the depreciation method is set to 'Full Depreciation at Purchase'.

For instance a car is purchased for over the cost limit, therefore only $64k or so is able to be written off immediately with the balance to sit as an undepreciable amount.

Currently the full depreciation at purchase method writes off the whole amount, and diminishing value at 100% with a cost limit will still pro-rata the depreciation for the year and not write off the full cost limit amount.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. NZ Payroll. Contractors invoicing us on piece of work basis, we need to deduct WT and to do Payday filing with IRD. In Xero Payroll, can Xero split "Contractors" from "Employees" clearly in all reports (I see many others have asked for that already) and add a "bill feature" to Contractors in Xero Payroll similar to that we use in Xero Payables so we can copy/edit them in future? This will enable saving contractor's bills in each pay run and use bill layout document vs timesheet. Otherwise, if contractors bills that include WT are processed in Xero Payables, can Xero…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to not send out automatic overdue invoices IF there is a larger credit on the account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When adding a new contact while in the bank feeds screen, you can add a new contact name but cannot give it the gl acct number or enter the address etc. You have to go back to contacts pull up new contact and then enter all info. Please add a feature to add all the info at the moment you set up the new contact name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?