Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4140 results found

1. Bulk Allocate payments to a singular invoice. When reciveing multiple payments all realting to one invoice, it would save huge amounts of time to be able to bulk select the payments and allocate to a singular invoice. Can this be a feature please?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As the HR admin and employee, it would be helpful to have just one Xero Me app login so I can view my personal payslips etc and approve staff leave/expenses...any idea when this may be an option?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Under Advanced, History and Notes; add a option to view who deleted statement lines.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Extend the Stripe integration from Pay Now button on emailed invoices to work with Stripe Terminal.

When a customer wants make a card payment in person, a Receive Payment button on the customer's invoice is used to share the Amount Due with Stripe Terminal. Once payment is complete, the invoice is marked as paid and the payout from Stripe processes in due course.

Crude illustration of Receive Payment button attached.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A section for CIS suffered as like the current CIS deducted would be really useful. The reporting for CIS deducted is great and helps records for monthly PAYE. A similar section on the CIS suffered side would be great - checking through separate ledgers and updating RTI filings is manual in contrast.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Many of my clients complain that they 'can't find what they are looking for' when using the top search bar facility. I too often struggle to find things unless I am specific and know the exact detail of a posting. A search return of more options would be very beneficial listing all transactions in relation to any word or value typed into the search bar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your feedback on search in Xero, Laura. When you say you'd like more options for search are than any specific fields of transactions that you and your clients might commonly search - this'll help when sharing back with the team. 

If say, you'd search text generally in the description field of a transaction I'll merge your idea here in with this one where we can keep you all updated of any change all together. 

7. Invoice amount and invoice number pre-filled after customer scan Paynow QR code. Increases accuracy and efficiency during bank reconciliation

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When using 'add last item' function in hubdoc, it does not copy from 'region', and needs to be entered manually.
    HubDoc should be able to copy 'region' section as well, as at current stage, adjusting 'region' manually takes lot of time, despite using 'add last item' function.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Being able to choose a supplier from the Item Code drop down when entering bills. This would allow you to use CoOperatives that give you accounts with hundreds of different companies and reconcile those accounts to the individual company.

For e.g. I use Capricorn Society that gives me accounts with hundred of different companies throughout Australia. I enter the Capricorn bill and then brake that invoice down into the companies that I bought from as line items. All of the invoices are just attached in a massive list. Then when I need to go back and find an item that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a payment date for Crezco open banking payments so they can be scheduled upto 10 days in advance. This used to possible with Wise batch transfers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Being able to customize each user role is quite important as every person in every company does something different. Giving them access to systems they shouldn't have because the User Role they need to do their job allows them access to these other areas is a security risk in general.

Putting in Custom Roles will also allow companies to adjust the Users to their Company Policies for controls.

This is the main reason I am posting this, as we are soon bringing on a new junior accountant where I will need to give them "approval" rights for Invoicing and a…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the idea here - Being transparent, developing granular permissions or roles for every feature and action throughout Xero is not in our plans. 

Understanding more of the permission sets majority of users need, will help understand where the biggest impact could be made. 

I've slightly adjusted the title to suit the needs of the role you mentioned. We'll get a sense of others that'd like this too. 

12. currently, the journal report shows that I have been editing my invoices (paired create and reverse entries), but each pair of entries shows identical details from the most recent edit when the invoice was approved. it would be more helpful in an audit if each entry held the date and details from that specific edit.
    to reproduce, create an invoice and add one line item to the invoice each day, pressing 'save and close' each day. after 3+ days, approve the invoice, and look on the journal report. 3 (or more) pairs of entries should exist, each with a separate…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. URGENT - Please have a setting to allow XERO subscriber to not allow project user to see the total invoices and billings of the organization. We need XERO improve on this system to create one more layer that allow user STANDARD to

• create quotation, raise invoice and cannot see total organization billing BUT only what they raise and projects that they are involved in.

They will make your system even more powerful! Please review this seriously. Last thing we want is to change to another platform because of this flaw.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the following to reports:
    Supplier Activity Statement to compare with the statement received from your suppliers.
    Alternatively - enable a Customer and Supplier DETAILED LEDGER as per usual accounting practice. This should be standard within Xero.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, to confirm the idea here are you asking for the ability to view ageing for contacts within their contact record in Xero? 

As one user has noted in the idea, it is currently possible to run the Aged Payable or Receivable Detail reports where you can set the Ageing periods to be Day, Week or Month based on your choosing. If needed you can also filter these reports by Contact. 

Appreciate there has been an ask around ageing periods directly within the customer statement - this is not something we have any short term plans for. You can see more around this on this idea. 

Similarly we've had an idea raised for Suppliers statements similar to a customer statement and want to be upfront this isn't planned at this time. 

15. GST Audit Report - show if the files icon & no of files (e.g. like Account Transaction list does). This would be helpful when ensuring all GST invoice requirements are met.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. having a monthly average additional column option in the account watchlist would be ideal and I would have thought a default setting that most people would want on their account watchlists...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently we can search employee's data by using the dropdown arrow and selecting a specific employee. Can we also have the option for an arrow which allows us to simply scroll through each employee's record rather than having to use the dropdown option each time

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Could you please add a feature to fill a tracking category for every line in a bill or invoice?
    I am dealing with multiple pages of line items on a bill and each bill belongs to different locations (tracking categories). Note that allocating the tracking category to the supplier account, won't work, because they deal with all our tracking locations. If we can add the tracking option once with an option to fill all the remaining lines, it will save us a lot of silly repetitive work. Currently, we have to type, select, tab, tab, tab, tab, and then repeat…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like a total of how many lines have been added to an invoice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Further to Mr Howarth's request in May2022 under the title 'Reporting - Include journal ID', I would like to request one additional step to be added.

Creating mapping against Xero transactional data is very testing as it is impossible to create a fixed unique reference for each line. To narrow things down, you would have to use JournalID but then need to concatenate with other fields to differentiate between the lines within a single journal. eg. description, dates, amounts or a combination of other fields. However, these joined fields can be edited! There is no way I can currently see…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?