For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1257 results found

1. When accessing the Work In Progress from a client screen the column showing the job name is nowhere near wide enough to see the full description. The box in the centre containing all columns could also be made wider to fill the whole screen. See attached screenshot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Love Xero Tax for FRS105 but don't use it for FRS102 s1A accounts. Are there any plans to be able to select to include a SOIRE (not just a SOCE)? This is critical for a potential switchover to Xero Tax for these accounts for me.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback and support in ideas, everyone.

We've been exploring opportunities for expanding UK tax capabilities for our partners and are considering the ability to include a SOIRE for FRS102 1A accounts. We'll shift to Under review and share more when there's updates with you here. 🙂

3. Adobe signatures option available to be able to remove the blue line, name and the date from the signature. It is unnecessary on most of the documents and looks odd.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to customise the mapping of the workpaper hotlinks!

The hotlink feature in workpapers is pretty neat in that it will automatically link in the relevent reports however this could be even more powerful with some very minor teaks.

Firstly the new style reports would be a good start for replacement but what would be even better then this is the ability to amend the hotlink reports for clients either on a by client or practise level... i.e. if we had the ability to link in customised reports instead of just having the transaction report linked in - I know…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Workpapers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great to be able to see the balance owing once the BAS is submitted....have a client in credit and had to log on to my OSFA portal to check the running balance to let them know whether they had to make a payment yet. Would be great to get this data into Xero tax somehow. Anything that avoids us having to use the ATO portal is a great move

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to be able to attach a bill that has been expensed to a client to the client's invoice so that if client would like to view the expense bills it is available to them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have come across Xero "feature" of auto filling the account code on a bill, however the code Xero put in had nothing to do with the expense and never has been. The ability to switch this feature off so clients have to actually look for the correct code would be beneficial.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Lyn, thanks for suggesting this idea!

Xero will use your defaults accounts for a supplier or the inventory item to assign a pre-selected account code to the bill you've created. You can read a bit more about that here.

Just to clarify, is this the feature you're referring to? If so, it's possible to disable this by not entering in defaults for the items or contacts in question 😊

8. When you have multiple companies using Xero and utilise the function to approve bills in Xero for audit tracking purposes you need a way to view the number of bills "Awaiting approval" in all of the companies in one place.

It is very time consuming to open each company individually in order to confirm that there are bills that need approval.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can we select multiple receipts at the same time to add the same tag or the same status such as Mark as paid?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hubdoc  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Trang, you can tag multiple documents at once by holding ctrl/cmd on your keyboard. Note that you'll need to create the tag first before you can do this - Read more on our article for more information. 

Because Hubdoc can't bulk update the documents to be "Mark as paid" right now, I've changed the title of your idea, so we can see the interest from the community here :)

10. I have a client family group with 4 people which lives at the same address and now they moved house, so I need to update their address in the system. Instead of updating the address for each individual, I am sure there is a way to prompt the system to detects this old address in XPM, it will then prompt me to change for all of them. I have seen this function when I was using the Solution 6 system about 15 years ago, so I am sure it is do-able.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Johnny, thanks for sharing your idea!

Just checking, the steps below are not applicable here?

From our Change the address for all clients in a group article:

1. Select Clients, then select the Groups tab.
    2. Click the name of the group, then click on one of the clients in the group.
    3. Click Options, then select Edit.
    4. Under Contact Details, edit the address details, then click Save.
    5. Click Update Related Clients' addresses
    6. (Optional) Click All Related Clients to filter related clients by relationships or group members. The filter only shows if the client has at least one relationship set up and is also a member of at least one group.
    7. Select the checkbox for each address you want to change, then click Update.

Let me know if I've got my wires crossed!

11. Hubdoc allows you to download all documents in a folder, and Hubdoc also allows you to download to CSV some document metadata. It would be very useful if Hubdoc had the ability to download documents by folder or by Tag, and further, if Hubdoc had the ability to download the Tags associated with a document when downloading the metadata.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Hubdoc  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'm a part-time bookkeeper and would find a Calendar or Task List such as Outlook provides very useful for setting up 'Reminders' to carry out certain time critical tasks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If a staff member leaves, you would usually delete them as a user. That causes issues, however, if they have set up recurring invoices. These will be left as draft and will not be sent. It would be useful if you could keepa staff member but remove the access so that they can't log in themselves anymore, almost making them inactive?
    It is not as simple as resetting their password because of the 2 step authentication.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For the NZ tax returns can you add the Appointers to the Import function a bit like the beneficiaries, this is required to be reported to the IRD each year going forward.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. On the New reports - the ability to set a date criteria on each report without it affecting all the other dates. I know you can set up in custom reports but is a pain.... If i wanted to whiz a new report off for a client sat in a meeting, i don't wnat to have to start and edit the layouts. The dates worked brilliantly in the old style management report. I thought it would work the same in the new ones but really long winded. Please can you make it so we can amend the date criteria at…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be useful if a notification was sent when any document was uploaded. Currently, there are supplier level notifications but when there is something that has been uploaded (jpg, memo, etc) and the system is unable to identify it to a supplier it dumps it to the failed tab which at present does not create any notification.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Hubdoc  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Under the Doc window on the left, default setting should be REVIEW after you logon, as most Uses are not interested in items that have already been processed.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Hubdoc  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For PSAR, you can import an empdupe file to populate everyone's PSAR information (address, tfn, dob, name, etc.)

We want a similar function using csv import for company tax return when importing the shareholder details whom received dividends from the company in question. It was painful to manually enter 27 shareholder details and their divdiend payment through your company tax return schedule.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be nice to be able to store all emails re a client that a NOT job specific under a Client Tab.
    We are able to do for Jobs which is neat but to enable us to store general emails under the client would be good. I guess they would need a unique email address just like the job storage of emails? We have tab for Jobs, Documents etc so one for emails with an address would be nice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. My Xero - Managing staff access to clients

I suppose we have a large-ish accountancy - in My Xero I get a full list of all clients I get access to; that's 25 pages of clients at 50 clients per page. I see all clients irrespective of whether the subscriber is internal (within our accountancy) or external (the client).

We need to add a new admin staff member and give them “Manage users” + “Payroll admin” to all entities. In My Xero, I drill down into the Staff list, click on the new user and it says I have access…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?