AU Payroll - Suggestion to separate "Pay Wages" and "Pay Super" buttons in the payment flow
Recently XERO changed the Make Payment Button so that it now contains two payment steps ABA Download, and payment of superanuation. This is great but I am finding that because both processes take you away from the wages screen,(one is to the bank and the other to the SUPER approval process) the work does not flow easily. Is it possible instead to separate the two buttons so we would have PAY WAGES as one button and PAY SUPER as separate buttons?
Hi there and thanks for your feedback.
I’ve moved this to Gaining Support so we can gather input from other users, and updated the title to reflect the request for separate buttons.
We appreciate you sharing how this change is affecting your workflow.
-
Luther Poier
commented
I agree. To do that I have built my own (free to use aba converter) aba converter tool, totally private that anyone can use. you can try it at www.abaconvert.com.au and create as many files as you want. hope that helps!
-
Joe Mosey
commented
I also have the same question, because while combining the payment workflow may be convenient in theory, having both the ABA download and superannuation approval take you away from the wages screen can make the process feel less straightforward in practice. When processing payroll, I often want to complete the wage payment first and then deal with superannuation as a separate step, so having to navigate away and then find my way back to continue the workflow adds unnecessary clicks and makes it easier to lose track of where I was. The two payments are related to payroll, but they are still separate processes with different destinations and approval requirements. Having clearly separated buttons such as “Pay Wages” and “Pay Super” would make the workflow much easier to understand and would give users more control over the order in which they complete each step.
I’d also like to know whether there is currently a setting or alternative workflow that allows these actions to be accessed separately, because the new combined button doesn't seem ideal for every payroll process. In particular, smaller businesses or people handling payroll manually may want to download the bank file, verify everything, and return to the payroll screen before dealing with superannuation approval. Keeping both actions visible as separate options would also make it immediately clear what has already been completed and what still needs attention. I have the same question about whether Xero plans to provide separate controls for these actions, or if there is already a way to customize the payroll screen so the wage and super payment processes can be handled independently. The combined workflow is understandable, but having the choice between combined and separate actions would probably make it work better for a wider range of payroll workflows. For anyone separately checking salary calculations or comparing payroll figures, a wages calculator Germany could also be useful as an independent reference, although that would be separate from the actual payment workflow in Xero. Check here for more info https://stundenlohnrechnerr.de/
-
Neeraj Aggarwal
commented
Would be amazing to be able to create the super file directly from the payrun, rather than navigating to the super dashboard
This way it’s 1 button from the payrun and it sends the code to the author user -
Amrita Rana
commented
With the upcoming payday super, can we suggest that Xero gives us the ability to download ABA file for super payments as same as we download the ABA file for payroll.
We deal with overseas client, who pay their employee from the international/overseas bank account. Can we the ABA file be generated for it be processed quickly via international/overseas bank.
-
Jennifer Willis
commented
Can there be a separate button to process Payday Super, rather than using the drop down "Make Payment" button as most of our clients do not download .ABA files to pay their staff?
And, after Payday super has been authorised for payment/processing, can Xero default back into the current pay run?
-
Annette Monaco
commented
Hi
I would also like the Pay Super button to be changed/moved.
As I already pay super on every pay day (and everyone will have to do this soon) I find that because it takes me to a separate screen I forget to go back to "file" the payrun. Perhaps if the pay super button comes up after you "file" the payrun.
Thanks Annette