Payroll NZ: Process and pay deductions via payroll payment file.
It would be really helpful if Xero Payroll allowed a bank account to be linked to a specific employee deduction.
This would mean that when the deduction is processed through payroll, the amount could be included in the payment file and paid at the same time as the employee’s wages. Currently, these deductions need to be paid manually, which creates an unnecessary extra step and makes the process quite clunky.
Other payroll systems I’ve used, including PaySauce and iPayroll, already have this functionality.
It would also be useful where a deduction relates to a specific debt or loan for the remaining balance to be shown alongside the deduction on the employee’s payslip. This would give both the employer and employee a clear view of the outstanding balance each pay period.
Thanks for sharing your idea. Currently, the payment file generated by Xero is only for employees' wages, however I can understand how this might help manage statutory payments such as fines and child support.
We've reviewed your idea, and now it's up to the community to get behind and support it. Make sure you share your idea with any colleagues who could benefit so they can add their vote, too!
Along with votes, other members can now comment to share additional details about how your idea could improve their experience with Xero.
-
Gillian Ward
commented
I agree. I have been using Xero for a year now but it's only in the last month I've had to pay court fines for an employee. Have found out today that the Xero system doesn't automatically send the payment to the Courts. MYOB which we previously used had this function so I assumed (stupidly) that Xero would too.