Tax Manager - Align tax return statuses with practice workflow
Partner Hub - tax return workflow/states. The current states are buried under headings and I think these need to be surfaced into a logical practice workflow. There's also no complete All listing.
I've attached the current process/states below.
I think this could be improved by
1. Showing all steps across the screen rather than having to click and click again to identify the returns in each grouping.
2. Display numbers of returns in each step.
3. Make the steps more like an actual practice workflow. I've come up with the following.
Ready/All Not started
Draft Being prepared
Completed Preparation finished
Approved Internal review complete
Sent With client for approval/signature
To Sign Waiting for tax agent declaration/sign-off
Suspended - returns not to be lodged (only surface this step if or while any returns are suspended)
To File Ready to lodge
Lodged Submitted to ATO
Error Lodgement failed (only surface this step if or while an error needs to be resolved)
Then under Lodged, use outcome flags for Individual and Trust returns.
Processing
Assessed
Checked/Sent
Some users might want an Archived step? I don't use Archive so not sure if that would be useful.
Thanks for raising this idea. We understand the request for Tax Manager to reflect a more logical tax return workflow, with clearer status stages and easier navigation.
I’ve moved the core suggestion to Gaining Support so we can continue tracking community interest.
There are also a number of other suggestions included in this post. To ensure each can be considered and voted on independently, please create separate ideas for the additional improvements, including status counts, horizontal stage navigation, and lodgement outcome flags.