Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1447 results found

1. I'm not the only one suggesting 'tags' but I see the threads keep being 'closed' as tracking is available.

As a small business owner not being able to group expenses by activity with the use of tags is a major flaw.

Two "tracking" codes isn't enough for a business to make strategic decisions or get a decent overview on which areas and activities are performing best. I run dozens of campaigns and attend promotional events throughout the year and want to know which work. To do this I need to be able to tag and run reports on those tags.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Batch Deposits: allow adding over-payments and pre-payments to a batch deposit from the Invoice > Awaiting Payments tab.

Currently a bank deposit that includes over-payments or pre-payments will not match recorded batch deposits because over-payments and pre-payments cannot be added to batch deposits. This causes a lot of wasted time communicating with client accounting staff to understand how to reconcile the variances.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi there, we have been using tracking options for our projects and we have now reached the maximum number and reached the limit for it, but we don't want to delete the previous projects<. Just want to know, if we can increase options limit to numbers. Thank you.

Limin Kaka Luo
    Thee Group

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. On the new invoicing screen - when adding payment. Can the box run horizontally as opposed to vertically then we will be able to use the tab function to move between boxes?
    Also I think reference is an essential box and needs to visible here (and you don't have to click + to get it) when entering a payment, but also on the bank reconciliations screen where you have to "Add details" for that box to appear.
    All we want is efficient workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Audrey, appreciate your feedback however I do want to confirm that in it's current form you are able to tab between the fields of the Payment window. If you'd like to enter something in a field press enter and this will open the selection, then tab to get to the next option. This includes reference - once highlighted press enter and this'll open the reference field for you to enter detail 

5. Dear Xero HQ, appreciate if we could have the function to Export a Report on the Exchange Rates used for a period of time (in Excel Format). Thank You

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi 👋 - Is there a specific purpose this report would help with? 

Also to better understand the idea would this be on a client basis or across all clients that are managed by a practice? 

6. I occasionally log in on mobile to reconcile my bank feeds, via my browser (Firefox, but the problem existed on Chrome as well when I used that). Whenever you reconcile a payment and the auto-focus moves to the next payment, if there's not an invoice suggestion for the amount, the page zooms directly to entering 'Name of the contact' taking up the whole screen. You have to then pinch the whole view repeatedly to zoom out enough to see the option for 'Find & Match'.
    Why would manually entering a name be the default, and not 'Find & Match'? I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Management Report: Be able to save individual reports in the management report as custom reports. Currently only the pack can be saved as a custom report. If I have edited the profit and loss I cannot save this specific report to be used in other management packs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The ability to make groups from individual accounts in Budget Manager the same way you can in reports. This would be an extremely helpful ability if you were making consolidated budgets for multiple entities or "areas" within a single entity.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Integrate with Shortcuts Software CRM/POS and aGlow membership software program.

(Beauty industry.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sync all data to Xero HQ.

We have been moved over to single client record and need notes and custom fields to be synced as well please.

This would prevent the need to manually update client records and prevent risk of out of date data.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi all,

I want to run an accounting transactions report... if I filter the contact, it comes up with the whole list (I have loads archived!). Would it be possible to be able to filter out the archived contacts or at the very least, be able to type in the one I want?
    My predecessor saved all PayPal transactions by their individual addresses so have had to archive them all to make my actual contacts list manageable!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We import all our invoices to Xero from our practice management software. They are imported as draft invoices. Once the invoices are in Xero I have to go through each invoice and complete the following steps otherwise Xero won't send reminders for overdue invoices.

• Set the date to today (which also sets the due date)
    • Set the invoice to approved
    • Set the invoice sent

A solution to this would be to be able to select all draft invoices and bulk set them to approved and sent. This must be an issue for others.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why doesn't Xero display the currency symbol (like a $) in any of the financial reports like Balance Sheet, Income Statement, etc.? We get only the plain numbers without knowing they are in U.S. dollars (in my case) and make these basic financial reports harder than necessary to read.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bank statement search needs to allow the user to filter the search by spent or received as the amounts elements apply to both spent and received.

Also - please fix the bug with status being ignored by the search.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bulk Allocate payments to a singular invoice. When reciveing multiple payments all realting to one invoice, it would save huge amounts of time to be able to bulk select the payments and allocate to a singular invoice. Can this be a feature please?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Under Advanced, History and Notes; add a option to view who deleted statement lines.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A section for CIS suffered as like the current CIS deducted would be really useful. The reporting for CIS deducted is great and helps records for monthly PAYE. A similar section on the CIS suffered side would be great - checking through separate ledgers and updating RTI filings is manual in contrast.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Many of my clients complain that they 'can't find what they are looking for' when using the top search bar facility. I too often struggle to find things unless I am specific and know the exact detail of a posting. A search return of more options would be very beneficial listing all transactions in relation to any word or value typed into the search bar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your feedback on search in Xero, Laura. When you say you'd like more options for search are than any specific fields of transactions that you and your clients might commonly search - this'll help when sharing back with the team. 

If say, you'd search text generally in the description field of a transaction I'll merge your idea here in with this one where we can keep you all updated of any change all together. 

19. Invoice amount and invoice number pre-filled after customer scan Paynow QR code. Increases accuracy and efficiency during bank reconciliation

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. currently, the journal report shows that I have been editing my invoices (paired create and reverse entries), but each pair of entries shows identical details from the most recent edit when the invoice was approved. it would be more helpful in an audit if each entry held the date and details from that specific edit.
    to reproduce, create an invoice and add one line item to the invoice each day, pressing 'save and close' each day. after 3+ days, approve the invoice, and look on the journal report. 3 (or more) pairs of entries should exist, each with a separate…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 72 73
  • Don't see your idea?